• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What nicknames are you giving your Pokemon!??

I'm going nicknameless again lol. I used to nickname mine since the ALLCAPS names bothered me, but since we don't have that anymore there's no need to worry. Might try giving my main team dessert/fruit-based names again.. but chances are it's a theme that won't stick. ;c Since I'd want to nickname everything I catch to match and that'll get tedious.

Or maybe.. hm.. I might try anyway. Themed nicknames actually sound very cute if I can keep up with it.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    I'm going nicknameless again lol. I used to nickname mine since the ALLCAPS names bothered me, but since we don't have that anymore there's no need to worry. Might try giving my main team dessert/fruit-based names again.. but chances are it's a theme that won't stick. ;c Since I'd want to nickname everything I catch to match and that'll get tedious.

Or maybe.. hm.. I might try anyway. Themed nicknames actually sound very cute if I can keep up with it.

Peaches the Bewear sounds adorable haha

I'll definitely be nicknaming my Pokémon, but I normally don't plan them out in advance or have a set theme - I just go with whatever feels right at the time. Sometimes they're named after characters from books/movies/TV shows, sometimes they're puns, sometimes they're random names - I guess we'll just see how I'm feeling on the day!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    During my first playthrough, I won't be using nicknames. I like to keep the species name so I can learn who all the new Pokemon are as I play through the story for the first time.

After that, I might use a Hawaiian-based naming theme, especially for a Nuzlocke. I don't know what theme to use in particular, but I'm sure I'll find one.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I don't think I'll nickname my Pokemon. I usually don't since I don't think I'm very good at nicknaming.....plus I spend AGES at the naming screen trying to think of something good and then I just get annoyed because it's taking so long.

The only time I nicknamed my Pokemon was when I played Pokemon Black (it wasn't the first gen 5 game I played, I started with White)

I think it was...

Serperior - "Sprout"
    Scrafty - "Yesterday" (I really liked this name, it was a bit different)
    Golurk - "L-B09" (Pronounced Elbow 9, I think I had this headcanon that it had other numbered siblings who were also "Elbows")
    Gothitelle - "Willow" (Probably influenced by Willow from Buffy)
    Stoutland - "Mac"
    Galvantula - "Fritz"

So I'm not sure how good my naming skills are. :P

I guess I might start thinking about nicknames for Moon, though I only have two planned team members so far. (Rowlet & Drampa)

(Actually I think I nicknamed my Pokemon in ORAS too....)

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2016
    I plan to name my future turtonator Tokka. I might name vikavolt after a transformer since it's somewhat robotic in appearance.

Years
    I know what my nicknames is going to be. Theme? Greek mythology :D

Popplio - Ariadne
    A fire type - Hephaestus
    Alolan Exeggutor - Dionysus
    Alolan Ninetales - Aphrodite
    Alolan Raichu - Perseus
    And a Flying type pokemon - Aeolus

I just like the greek mythology much. Don't ask why so many Alolan pokemon. I just like them :P

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    All I know is I'm gonna have a female Ninetales named Shirayuki. Not sure about Raichu, Lurantis, and Rockruff yet :( I had a name for Rockruff buuuut I forgot haha.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
    All I can think of so far:

Rowlet: Gundham
    Pikipek: Peko
    Cutiefly: Hiyoko
    Rockruff: Makoto
    Lurantis: Junko

A lot of the Pokemon remind me of Danganronpa characters, especially Rockruff and Dartrix.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    If I can nickname Ash-Greninja, he's going to be Sotishi. Litten will be known as Calamity. And I'm going to name Lediba after my girlfriend, because I call her "my little ladybug".

Don't look at me like that.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    Some names:

Lurantis- Waifumon (Why am I like this)
    Bewear- Monokuma (shrugs)
    Turtonator- Bowser or Arnold (Schwarzenegger)
    Alolan Muk- LSD or Skittles (get it? Taste the rainbow?)
    Dartrix- Rich Kid

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Thinking of,

Bewear: Cuddles
    Kommo-o: Mo-o
    Silvally: Silver

... In case you couldn't tell already, I like my Pokémon nicknames simple.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2019
    Updated:

Torracat: Flametail
    Midnight Lycanroc: Kodiak
    Salandit: Toxic
    Alolan Ninetales: Glacia
    Alolan Raichu: Pancake
    Silvally: Alpha
    Kommo-o: Ramses
    Tsareena: Nicki Minaj
    Mimikyu: Napstablook
    Lunala: Artemis
    Zygarde: Hades

I'll probably want to get the other two starters in trade:

Dartrix: Soren
    Brionne: Ariel

Last edited:

JoyStar

We're all mad here...
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2019
    Still deciding, especially since all the Pokemon haven't been revealed yet), but here's some ideas I have so far:

Rowlet (if Litten's final is the one from the leak) - Strix (Latin for Screech Owl), Archer (if the leaked final evolution is true), Soren or Ga'Hoole (from Guardians of Ga'Hoole), Doctor Hoot (because Doctor Who is awesome)
    Litten - Brimstone (because of the alchemical marking), Tigerclaw, Brambleclaw,
    Pikipek - Pearl
    Type: Null/Sivally - Null, RKS, Alpha - I'm honestly not entirely sure what I want to nickname it, but all I know is I want one!
    Mimkyuu - Pikaboo, Phantasma (Latin for spirit), Napstablook
    Rockruff - Fell, Slavkaa, or Kar (a few of the moves from The Sight)

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Lately I'm thinking of a name for Lycanroc Midnight Form, which may be subject to change: Either 狼人加鲁鲁兽 or 兽人加鲁鲁. In case you didn't know, both of these are how Chinese call WereGarurumon.

Back