• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokémon do you consider "pseudo-legendary?"

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
  • Team Aqua (GT 2024)
    Years
    We know that pseudo-legendary is a term referring to non-legendary Pokémon that have a base stat total of 600 and appear in every Generation. Such Pokémon have three evolutionary lines, have a slow leveling rate, tend to reach their fully-evolved form very late, and, of course, are very strong, often stronger than most minor legendary Pokémon. Such Pokémon are Dragonite, Tyranitar, Salamance, Metagross, Garchomp, Hydregion, Goodra, Kommo-o, Dragapult, and, our latest, Baxcalibur. However, the term pseudo-legendary is actually not official. In fact, it seems the "official" term Game Freak has for these Pokémon is "600 Club." There are also very powerful Pokémon out there that might not fit into the 600 Club, but are nonetheless very powerful and non-legendary. With that being said, are there any other Pokémon you consider "pseudo-legendary" besides the ones listed?

Considers Haxorus and Volcarona psuedo-legendaries. Might be a combination of Dragon typing, a late evolution, and good power for Haxorus. Treats Volcarona as pretty special in its debut game, alongside a late evolution and good power.

Ive never looked at any listed pokemon as "psuedo-legendaries". Legendaries i always see as being once per game and very low catch rates. Said pokemon are fairly easy to find(wether or not you have to wait all game to get one is another arguement) and are usually easy catches. I just never understood the moniker at all, just seems like unnecessary categorization

Volcarona! With how late you got it in BW and how late it evolves, I thought for sure it was a pseudo - but apparently not. It also has a really beautiful, elegant design that looks like something you'd only find if you're lucky as a resident of Unova. I love it!

The only Pokemon I have ever mistaken for a pseudo is Haxorus.

As for Pokemon that could be pseudo-legendary based on how strong they are... Slaking and Wishiwashi's (School Form) both have a higher stat total than Pseudo's.
    Both also come with drawbacks though. Slaking is cursed with Truant and Wishiwashi becomes useless once it's under 25% HP and schooling ends, but until that happens you've got a strong Pokemon in it.

Back