• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon do you dislike battling against?

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
Any tapu. They're just stupidly designed and they're everywhere

IKR!? The terrains they generate are so good and we don't have to waste a turn and move slot setting them. I really hope in gen 8 there will be more terrain setters.

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen yesterday
IKR!? The terrains they generate are so good and we don't have to waste a turn and move slot setting them. I really hope in gen 8 there will be more terrain setters.

Do you want more terrain types or just more Pokémon with Electric Surge, Grassy Surge, etc.? Or both?

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
Do you want more terrain types or just more Pokémon with Electric Surge, Grassy Surge, etc.? Or both?

either! I'd like to see more variety in terrain usage and setting! they can give a lot of interesting effects which can be useful but often not useful enough to dedicate an entire moves for them

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
Years
  • Seen yesterday
either! I'd like to see more variety in terrain usage and setting! they can give a lot of interesting effects which can be useful but often not useful enough to dedicate an entire moves for them

Yeah definitely. The way terrain interacts with certain mechanics aside from boosting power has always been interesting to me.

I also just realized that I maybe kinda derailed the thread topic, so to get back I'll just say that while I think I can deal with most Pokémon fairly well - though some are more annoying than others. Rotom-W is annoying to deal with - I don't really like that it has Defog now. At least it can't really run status and recovery now, so that's good, but it's still annoying.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Back in gen 6 I couldn't stand clefable because it gained the fairy type. Plus, is new typing allowed it to strengthen its gimmicky sets like the "Stored power + Minimize + comsic power + soft-boiled" with magic guard. That in particular was a nightmare for me to face on battle spot because of the timer and only three mons being allowed per battle.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I don't like facing Gothitelle very much. I dislike how PP stalling passive stuff with Shadow Tag is the whole reason to use it.

Last generation I hated facing Alomomola in RarelyUsed. It was extremely hard to wear down thanks to its huge defensive stats and pure Water typing, had Scald which, among other things, forced Swords Dance Virizion into running Lum Berry and thus caused it to be painfully weak before a boost, and was able to mitigate things like Registeel or Diancie having no reliable recovery with Wish which made it really hard to break through defensive teams. I always thought it should have been banned but I'm not sure if people have worked out how to deal with it in the years since sixth gen ended.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 14, 2023
i have always hated fighting breloom. spore + huge attack stat and the ability to either abuse supbunch or technician SD. you need to be very careful with how you deal with it.

Years
i have always hated fighting breloom. spore + huge attack stat and the ability to either abuse supbunch or technician SD. you need to be very careful with how you deal with it.

Thankfully, Breloom is significantly less threatening than it used to thanks to a pretty good number of mon that can absorb spore and either stall it out or kill it. Tapu Bulu and Mega Venu in particular come to mind.

Back