• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon don't feel like Pokemon?

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    Have you ever looked at a Pokemon and said, "That's not a Pokemon!".
    I have, when I saw Zangoose and Spinda for the first time I thought for sure that something was wrong with the game.

Years
    Lopunny. I seriously hate that pokemon so much, and I really think something about it is just... off. A lot of the pokemon that look too much like humanoids sort of bug me, although most of them I've gotten used to.

And also to a lesser degree, Jynx and Blaziken. They don't bother me as much as Lopunny, but they always looked a bit strange to me. I was really hoping Jynx would get an evolution just like Electabuzz and Magmar, but I guess Nintendo didn't want to create more controvery about her. : /

Years
    Don't you think that the Lopunny's idea was based off of the Playboy symbol? 0________0
    Just a thought.

I don't think it was based off of that, but it does seem a little too sexualized to me... not to mention really ugly and strange looking. I think I just hate it so much since I thought my Buneary was so cute, but then she evolved and... ugh. I put her in the PC just so I wouldn't have to see her. I just think she looks too human-ish, or maybe a person in a very elaborate fursuit... >_>

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    any pokemon that looks to much like an animal I hate! like i love the eeveelutions cause they look original unlike magicarp or feebas or any pokemon that looks like a fish and most bug types look too much like bugs and ALL flying types look like birds :(

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    Umm... let's see... ALL of the new Pokemon from Platinum. Some of them are really awesome and cool looking... but, they just don't look like Pokemon. Giratina, for example, to me looks more like something from a twisted fairy tale than a Pokemon.
    Riolu (not sure which gen. he's from) doesn't seem like a Pokemon to me, either. A handful of the Pokemon from the 2nd & 3rd generation didn't feel like Pokemon, either. Like Hoothoot and Spinda.

Ugg... Nosepass.

When I first saw that one... I literally said "That is NOT a Pokemon."

EDITED TO ADD: Not all flying types look like birds. >> Some of the dragons are flying types. I think Mantine is a flying type and he's certainly not a bird. There are many, many flying types that aren't birds.

Adagio~

♪ s.l.o.w.b.e.a.t ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2010
    ^ I agree with the Nosepass comment.

Or anything that's not really animalistic. Like, I guess the big rocks, and Pokemon that are more Thing-like instead of actual creatures. =/

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
    Nosepass/Probopass, (ugh) the Regis, (wtf braille robots?) Dialga and Palkia (to an extent), Uxie/Azelf/Mesprit just seem like they were thrown in to make the lakes feel important.

Lopunny seems a little bit... uhh.. too grown-up as far as Pokemon goes.
    Rhyperior... well, it's ugly and I just don't think it fits in.
    Togekiss: It's a bird! It's a plane! It's some kind of weirdly shaped little white thing that ate my Togetic!

Shaymin's sky forme also seems pretty weird looking to me too. Land forme? Cute little grassy hedgehog, okay. Sky forme? Some sort of messed up looking pointy dog. Bleh.

I could complain about this stuff for ages, but I'll leave it be. >.>''

Artyte

Bin- No Pokemon Prejudice
    Years

I hate pokemon not adpated from the wild, they look a bit wrong. For instance, JYNX, yea that is one weirdo. A pokemon with a skirt? I don't think so. Then, we have hitmonchan, a pokemon with a shirt. LOL. And punching gloves? Most of the badly design pokemon came from generation 1, where ideas haven't fully matured as that is their first try in drawing pokemon. The future generation ideas slowly mature, although some matured at a very fast rate which causes them to exxagerate some pokemon designs, such as combee.

I seriously don't understand what's wrong with spinda, it looks so natural. It just looks like a young bear with variations of spot just like how a cheetah is.

Whenever I take into account of truely weird pokemon, there are two expectations that i have, one being the design and the other being its physiology. In this case, I never found the regis weird because their physiology made total sense (regis were made by humans, they are not nautral and have no brain). Whereas for combee, it feels nonsensical.

For all based-of pokemon designs, please go into bulbapedia and check out on their origin. Bulbapedia is very informative

Last edited:

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
    Any of the human based pokemon are just plain wrong that and a few others such as Drowsee and Nuzleaf

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
    ^^
    I agree with everyone of you!

I thought I was the only one thinking Luponny was awful and more "sexual"... I hate those humanized Pokemon, they're not real Pokemon, they're a bad mixture... Lopunny, Blaziken, Mesprit, Uxie (Not Azelf 'cause his cute)...
    Several Hoenn PKM and half the Sinnoh ones are strange and out-of-ideas-made...
    Nosepass and Probopass are surely the ugliest Pokemon of all... Palkia and Dialga and Giratina... o_O !?!?
    Magnezone is awful too, so Lickilicky, Togekiss, Dusknoir and Tangrowth seems desperate intents of creating a new evolution to fill the New Pokedex...

Bibliophibian, I agree with you in the Sky Shaymin form... what was they're thinking??

Infernape

fire power!
    Years
    all the regis creep me out =/ I'm not sure why, but they do. shaymin sky forme is really silly looking. a midget albino reindeer is what it looks like.

. R e ð e m p † i o n

•You got a piece of meh!•
    Years
    I hate pokemon not adpated from the wild, they look a bit wrong. For instance, JYNX, yea that is one weirdo.

I undoubtedly agree. I mean, look at it!?!
    What Pokemon don't feel like Pokemon?
    does it even look like one? Out of all the humanoid-like Pokemon, Jynx is the only one I feel strongly, out of others of course, 'un-Pokemon like'. And I don't understand what is possibly wrong with several of the Third Generation Pokemon... They look completely natural... especially the claim about the Regis, they are golems and their physiology makes complete sense. Whereas, humanoid Pokemon turn that definition around.

The Red Chain

Uxie/Azelf/Mesprit just seem like they were thrown in to make the lakes feel important.

How dare thee make that comment. >_>
    I could say the same about Celebi and Jirachi.
    Celebi thrown in to make the forests feel more important, and Jirachi is there to put some importance behind the comet.
    In truth, the trio were put into Pokemon to explain where knowledge, willpower, and emotions originated from.
    Not just to make three lakes stand out.. x-x

Anyways~
    Pretty much any Pokemon that looks too much like a human..
    In example Jynx.. she just makes me think 'human' and not 'Pokemon'.

Probopass and Nosepass don't make me think of Pokemon either when I look at them..
    Probopass just looks like a Nosepass with a top hat and mustache. XD

Last edited:

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
    I REMEMBERED!!

I knew there was another awful non-Pokemon out there...

Wurmy, Wormadan, Combee and Vespiquen...

I don't say they look like "non-pokemon"... but they look like pokemon created in a rush, without imagination, only to fill the pokedex... they're awful, too much annoying to cath all of them and weak also... definitely, pseudo-pokemon for me!

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
    I don't understand what's the problem with humanoid Pokemon.
    As long as it's not like Lopunny I'm fine with it.

Back