• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon game had the greatest music?

EliteNeutrono37

Dragon Tamer
Years
  • Sing...Perish Song...Uproar...Hyper Voice...Chatot!

Hello my fellow PoCo's, it's been a while! I was in a discussion not too long ago about playing the Red/Blue/Green Version Champion Theme. I found sheet music for the piano online and...my jaw hit the floor. It was an intensely difficult piece! I listened to a recording of it, the piano solo version, and was stunned to hear it; it CAN be done by a single person. But this is a different story...

The point of that little story is that the old Pokemon games had simple and catchy melodies that die-hard gamers, like me, have come to love. While the new games have beautiful orchestral pieces and a handful of memorable jazz songs, I find it hard to pick a game that has the best music. And I don't mean the side-games like Pokemon Colleseum; I mean the main RPG games from the ancient GameBoy to the beloved 3DS.

Now, my question to you: Which game (or series of games) do you think have the greatest, most memorable music? For me, it would have to be the entire Gold/Silver/Crystal series (the GameBoy version.) The melodies were simple, like Red/Blue/Green, but evolved a little and created some interesting songs, including Lavender Town's theme and the Champion Battle.

Get responding! First to respond gets befriended!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Going to send this to Pokemon Gaming Central since it's specific to the games.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • And I don't mean the side-games like Pokemon Colleseum; I mean the main RPG games from the ancient GameBoy to the beloved 3DS.
    Why not? Colosseum has some decent tunes in itself like semifinal battle, Mt Battle and of course Miror B's theme - certainly worthy of mention. =p

But out of the main games... GSC for me. Partly the nostalgia, but partly also because I love the tunes themselves too. HGSS' take on the (and its additions) are pretty good too. Then it would be probably RSE, then BW, then DPPt and FRLG.
    I found sheet music for the piano online and...my jaw hit the floor. It was an intensely difficult piece! I listened to a recording of it, the piano solo version, and was stunned to hear it; it CAN be done by a single person.
    Should check out some youtube players out there like kyle landry who does some neat stuff including Pokemon tunes, and some .mus sheet files. One guy I know has a medley of each gen as well, which is always neat to listen to. =D

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I think that GSC music are the greatest.
    Each time I listen to them I dive into a soulful feeling, they remind me the time when I was beginning to play to Pokémon: so many good memories.
    I know they're pretty simple, but beautiful. Musics from RSE for example are more inventive, but annoying after a while... Whereas I could listen to GSC music all the day (obviously it depends on which ones ! some are a little worse than other ones).

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I'm not really into Pokemon gaming music but I do have two favorite Pokemon gaming music and that is Canalave City's music and the Surfing music in Pokemon Black and White. I'm going to have to go with Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and Platinum just because there are different versions of Canalave City's music depending on the time of the day.

:t354:TG

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Love the music of RSE the best...it has that relaxing and nature-y type music that is nice to listen to and fits each area really well, Sootopolis in particular.

As for side game, loved Miror B's theme from Gale of Darkness and the Cipher Admin battle theme.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Very tough because there is at least one soundtrack from all of the games including mainstream and spin-off's that I like but I'd have to go with R/S/E, it just offers so much and some of the pieces are beautiful.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • GSC. Mainly for the nostalgic purposes but also because the tunes from Gen II are the ones I think of instantly when I want to hum Pokemon music. The Goldenrod theme, the bike music, even the updated Pokemon Center music: all great. While more modern music has become a lot more polyphonic, I have a hard time remembering stuff from RSE/BW; the more simple, retro music, on the other hand, I can still remember to this day, even though I haven't played GSC for years. I guess it just has a timeless quality about it.

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
  • I really like some of White/Black's music but I'm gonna go with Red/Blue. Who can say no to the Wild Pokemon Battle music from R/B?

Aawww yeah 200th post.

Years
  • The G/S/C series for me. I guess I would count HGSS in that also since they're the same but updated.

In Fair Verona

4BR4 C4D4V3R
    Years
  • I'd have to say G/S/C, definitely. I just love how simple they are, and I love sounds like that anyway - I was so happy when I found the GB Player in HG/SS, and was able to hear them again. I never turn the thing off now.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    R/B/Y for me.
    Thank god that they added GB sounds on HGSS, I absolutely loved it so much that I have clocked 500 hours on it and just on my DS just to listen to it.

CapricornPsyche

Psychic Trainer of Capricorn
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 11, 2012
    Would it be bad if I told everyone that I love almost ALL the music from ALL the pokemon games ^^;;;

Empathy

Rawr.
    Years
  • I quite enjoyed the R / S / E soundtrack/music since most of the towns' music was peaceful, therefore making the other fast and dramatic music like the Team Magma battle theme more awesome. The battle themes were also some of my favourites as well as the route music.

xGal

Mhm
    Years
  • Hmmm... I can't think about ONE game.

So my favorite songs are:

Pokemon RBY: Trainer Battle
    Pokemon GSC: Lighthouse, Kanto Trainer Battle
    Pokemon RS: Shoal Cave, Victory Road, Elite Four Battle, Champion Battle
    Pokemon FRLG: Trainer Battle, Mt. Moon
    Pokemon E: Frointer Brain Battle
    Pokemon DP: Trainer Battle, Gym Leader Battle
    Pokemon Pt: Trainer Battle, Gym Leader Battle, Top of Mt. Coronet, Torn World
    Pokemon HGSS: Gym Leader/Elite Four Battle, Lighthouse/Silver Cave, Battle Vs Lance/Red, Saffron City, Battle Vs. Kanto Trainer, Battle Vs. Kanto Gym Leader
    Pokemon BW: Elite Four Fight, Last Battle Vs. N

So my favorite is Pokemon HG SS and RS and E

AquaticWartortle

Teh Best Wartortle
    Years
  • RBY: Trainer Battle, Champion Battle
    GSC: Johto Trainer Battle, Kanto Trainer Battle
    RS: Trainer Battle, Gym Battle, Champion Battle
    FRLG: Trainer Battle, Gym Battle, Champion Battle (This brought me back to life!)
    E: Frointer Brain Battle
    DP: Trainer Battle, Gym Leader Battle
    HGSS: Vs. Red, Kanto Gym Battle, Ice Cave (Pure Nostalgia!), Johto Trainer Battle
    BW: Elite Four Fight, Last Battle Vs. N, Vs Ghethesis, Rival Battle

Favorites: FireRed LeafGreen, & Ruby[/COLOR], Sapphire GBA is awesome!

Back