• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What pokemon of the 493 do u want to see included in the gen 5 dex

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    Besides the origina 25, I really want Scyther, Scizor, Larvitar and its evolutions to be in the Gen 5 Dex. I can Bullet Punch or DD people to death. XD

also Bagon and its evolutions. Final evolution is a BEAST.

FreaKryptid

LaunchingSnorlaxGetOutOfW ay
    Years
    I would like to see most of the ghost pokemon on there ya know drifloon,ghastly,duskull,misdreavus,and maybe rotom I would also lie to see to of the dragon types in dratini and bagon.That would make me happy.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I never really understood how the national dex works... you get your pokédex upgraded and voila! The region is invaded by a few hundred more monsters?! XD

I would like to see a brand new dex with no national dex. 150 Pokémon in Isshu and that is all.

If we visit a second region then it can have the other Pokémon but no grading to a national dex, just use the same thing!

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    25 omnipresent pokemon... Let's see:
    Tentacool, Tentacruel 2
    Machop, Machoke, Machamp 5
    Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam 8
    Geodude, Graveler, Golem 11
    Zubat, Golbat, Crobat 14
    Psyduck, Golduck 16
    Heracross 17
    Magikarp, Gyarados 19
    Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu 22
    Girafarig 23
    What are the other 2????

Personally, I think they should also include Trapinch, Cacnea and sandshrew if they're going to include a desert.
    Wailmer if they are going to introduce a huge surfing area
    and definetely more fire types, like growlithe and Numel.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Zubat
    Gastly
    i don't like zubat at all, but i LOVE Crobat
    and i love the whole gastly line

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I'd like to see some more of third generation pokemon in there, like, say, WAILORD. Yeah, I said it.

Sharpedo, etc. :D

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
    Years
    I hate the whole region dex thing that's been going on since Gen III. In Diamond and Pearl it only had 151 pokemon! I know this is what the originals had but you want much more.

Frakly, IMO, every region should have almost all pokemon catchable with obvious exceptions for legendaries and climate-specific pokemon (eg. if it was a desertous region then Snover and Abomasnow could give it a miss), although they could go in a safari zone. This would give you much more choice on team building.

In Diamond and Pearl, if you wanted a Fire type it had to be Ponyta or Chimchar. Nothing else. Electric you had the choice of Pikachu, Shinx or Pachirisu, the latter of which lacks decent stats and an evolution. I want choice with my team.

I doubt they would do this though so all I can hope for is a Region Dex with >250 pokes to have at least a decent choice. Also, they will proably continue to have the staples Geodude, Magikarp, Zubat, Abra, Machop and Pikachu etc.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I'm pretty sure the 99 Pokemon in the 2nd generation is less than 110. lol :P

Yeah, but Johto's reigonal dex wasn't only those 99 pokemon...all 150 of the previous generation pokemon were in it as well, making it the biggest regional dex in the series.

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Pikachu and its relatives will most definitely be there at least, I mean he is the mascot for the series after all. As predictable as it also is, I can see the Pokemon that made an appearance in R/S/E returning and I can't really think of anything else.

Personally, I'm hoping that the new games try not to rely on using the older Pokemon too much this time. Have around ten and I'm still hoping for a pre-evolution for Lapras and an evolution for Far'Fetch, that sort of thing.

Years
    25 omnipresent pokemon... Let's see:
    Tentacool, Tentacruel 2
    Machop, Machoke, Machamp 5
    Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam 8
    Geodude, Graveler, Golem 11
    Zubat, Golbat, Crobat 14
    Psyduck, Golduck 16
    Heracross 17
    Magikarp, Gyarados 19
    Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu 22
    Girafarig 23
    What are the other 2????

Rattata/Raticate

Just because they weren't in R/S doesn't make up for the fact that they are everywhere in all of the other games.

And Eevee is in every game too, but I don't hear any complaints about that.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Personally, I want to see a generation where there isn't an expanded Pokédex. So I don't want to see any previous generation Pokémon added. Granted there will probably always be some Pokémon that are included from previous generations to a new one and there would probably always be a national dex, it would be nice for a generation to have as little connections to previous generations.

I actually think that the fact that this is a region so far away from the previous regions that this will happen. I mean, you don't see animals that are exclusive to one country in one on the other side of the world, do you? Apart from a zoo... so logically thinking, this could very well be a sign that there won't be many Pokémon included.
    well Hoenn in RS was just like that... it had the least connections possible until FrLgE were created...

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    I also hope it's a brand new Pokedex with no older generation pokemon. Screw this 'national dex' crap, I just want to work on the normal Pokedex.

Although, if I HAD to choose an older generation pokemon's evo line...
    It'd be Pidgey - Pidgeotto - Pidgeot.

Pidgey's sweet.

Back