• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What real life animal would you like to have a pokemon counterpart?

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    It occurred to me today just how much I would love a Beluga Pokemon with Water/Ice typing.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 6, 2018
    Dolphin - Water or Water/Ice
    Peacock - Normal/Flying or Psychic/Flying
    A three stage evolution line: Budgerigar -> Parrot/Parakeet -> Macaw/Cockatoo - Grass/Flying
    Three stage evolution line: Quail -> Grouse -> Capercaillie - Normal/Flying
    Great White Shark - A proper looking shark, not Sharpedo which looks like it's been cut in half.
    Bigfoot/Sasquatch - Normal/Grass or Normal/Dark
    Velociraptor - Rock/Dark
    Barn Owl - Normal/Flying or Psychic/Flying
    Flamingo - Water/Flying
    Toucan - Grass/Flying
    A better giraffe Pokemon than Girafarig
    Hyena - Dark. I know Poochyena and Mightyena have Hyena in their names but they look nothing like hyenas.
    Chupacabra - Dark
    Tiger - Not sure about type but as a sort of counterpart to Litleo and Pyroar.

Heads up Arcanine and Growlithe kind of are a counterpart to Litleo and Pyroar but still a proper tiger Pokemon would be appreciated instead of a Ligerdog (cause Arcanine and Growlithe have a tiger pelt and a lion mane and a dogs body).

Years
  • Dolphin - Water or Water/Ice
    Peacock - Normal/Flying or Psychic/Flying
    A three stage evolution line: Budgerigar -> Parrot/Parakeet -> Macaw/Cockatoo - Grass/Flying
    Three stage evolution line: Quail -> Grouse -> Capercaillie - Normal/Flying
    Great White Shark - A proper looking shark, not Sharpedo which looks like it's been cut in half.
    Bigfoot/Sasquatch - Normal/Grass or Normal/Dark
    Velociraptor - Rock/Dark
    Barn Owl - Normal/Flying or Psychic/Flying
    Flamingo - Water/Flying
    Toucan - Grass/Flying
    A better giraffe Pokemon than Girafarig
    Hyena - Dark. I know Poochyena and Mightyena have Hyena in their names but they look nothing like hyenas.
    Chupacabra - Dark
    Tiger - Not sure about type but as a sort of counterpart to Litleo and Pyroar.

A lot of this reminds me of the Pokemon designs in the fangame Pokemon Solar Light & Lunar Dark. One of which happened to be a peacock which was a Normal/Flying evolving into a Psychic/Flying. There was also a dolphin Pokemon, a seaweed, a surfer, a Fighting-type kangaroo, an Egyptian mummy, a Lapras-like one with an island theme, a Mermaid with gender-based evolution, and a Grass/Flying bird Pokemon.

Speaking of which, I do want a Fairy/Flying flamingo. Spritzee was a missed opportunity.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    As said above, i really do want a somewhat fighting type kangaroo pokemon - Kangaskhan not really counting in the sense.

Years
  • Kangaroo

Type: Ground/Fighting

Why? I'm from Australia and the lack of Australian animals used in Pokemon games has genuinely annoyed me for a long time. It could be the regional fighting Pokemon or something, and you can have branched evolution since red and grey kangaroos are quite different from each other.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I pretty much have the one I want, which is a Houndoom. I love doberman dogs, so I would definitely choose to have one.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    We don't even have any actual wolf Pokémon. :c

Back