• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What seach engine do you use the most?

Brien

Epic Panda.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    Blackle.com

it is google, except that it is black. This saves energy if you use it for all searching instead of google and other websites (ussually white because people believe lighter colors are more sleek and sophisticated) the white text is really easy to read and I like helping the environment.

Gizoogle.com when I need a laugh.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Google. I am not used to any other search engines.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Gotta be Google. I've been using it since... 2000, I think. It's a hard habit to break when you've used a search engine that long.

I used to hit up yahoo or altavista as my secondary search engine but I don't bother anymore; Google finds everything I need anyway. :/

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    you mean there are other search engines besides teh Google?

Blackle.com

it is google, except that it is black. This saves energy if you use it for all searching instead of google and other websites (ussually white because people believe lighter colors are more sleek and sophisticated) the white text is really easy to read and I like helping the environment.

Gizoogle.com when I need a laugh.

umm thats a lie.. in fact on most modern LCD monitors, black (ALL COLORS) takes up MORE power to display.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    Not true at all. Regarding light, black is the absence of colors, and since it is the default position on a monitor, making the screen white takes far more energy.

You're thinking of pigmentation. If you mix different colored paints, you'll get black, but if you cross red, green, and blue light sources, you'll get white light.

Years
    I use Google for most things, although I find Yahoo a tad faster. Funnily enough, my default engine for the firefox search bar is Smogon's database. :D WE SHOULD GET A SEARCH ENGINE PLUGING FOR SEARCHING THE FORUMS!!! ...ahem.

Dogboy2709

Banned
    Years
    Google is the only way to go baby.

What seach engine do you use the most?

(sorry, just HAD to do that, XD)

Anyway...I suspose you never heard of Dogpile.com?

Huh? What's dogpile?

Think about it..let's say there is somebody missing for about 2 years now, would you higher only one person to look for the person? or would you higher a whole bunch of people?

..I thought so...

Dogpile is a metasearch engine.

Basically, what that means is that, instead of only searching ONE engine, it searches from a variety of engines, and not just any engines, but engine that are leading the industy, including, but not limited to:

-Google
    -Yahoo! Search
    -Live search
    and
    -Ask.com

Dogpile doesn't just give you any old results, It gives you the BEST results from ALL of those search engines, making searches much, much, easier.

Try it yourself one of these days.

In the end, I use www.dogpile.com the most often..best one out there!

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    I always use google. <3
    Imo, all the other search engines look a bit too cluttered? (Sorry, I couldn't find the right word.)

Back