• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What should the Kalos legendaries be called?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • Each trio in the Pokemon series has an unofficial fan designated "trio name":

Legendary Birds (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres)
    Legendary Beasts (Entei, Raikou, Suicune)
    Legendary Golems (Regice, Regirock, Registeel)
    Weather Trio (Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza)
    Lake Trio (Uxie, Azelf, Mesprit)
    Creation Trio (Dialga, Palkia, Giratina)
    Kami Trio (Thundurus, Tornadus, Landorus)
    Tao Trio (Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem)

So what should be the name of the Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde trio? A few that came to my mind are the Biome Trio and the Life Trio, but idk, I can't really see those sticking. Discuss!

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    hmmm it may not be perfect but since X,Y,Z are all dimensional planes i would say the Dimensional Trio

Sonata Of Chaos

Harnesser of Emeralds
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2014
    Well, Xerneas represents life, Yveltal represents destruction and Zygarde is the balancer. Taking this into account, I think the fittest name for them would be the Nature Trio.
    (if this message has already been posted, blame it on my douche phone)

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Considering Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde are based on the creatures Eikthyrnir, Hraesvelgr and Nidhogg from Norse mythology, it could be called the Norse Trio. Unfortunately these three creatures don't really have any significant connection to each other in Norse mythology.

Alternatively, it could be called the Chaos Trio, based on the original religious meaning of chaos as the void between life and death in which everything which has been destroyed or is yet to be created resides (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_(cosmogony)).

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    Ohh there's a thought :D But Dimensional Trio kinda makes me think of the Sinnoh trio (since they actually have power over the dimensions). The Axis Trio, perhaps?

Oh that sounds much better. The Axis Trio. That has a nice short ring to it to. Idk what they are gonna call them "officially" but that's what i'm gonna call them.

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    Although i would like to ask, Is Yvelta, Xerneus, and Zygarde the trio or is Hoopda, Dianace, and Volcanion the trio? I mean In all the games there is usually a trio already in the games, and since the very begining there has always been the legendaries you catch in the story line, and the trio for that region. but there has never been an event trio so im a little stuck between the possibilities.

Shhmew

Years
  • Although i would like to ask, Is Yvelta, Xerneus, and Zygarde the trio or is Hoopda, Dianace, and Volcanion the trio? I mean In all the games there is usually a trio already in the games, and since the very begining there has always been the legendaries you catch in the story line, and the trio for that region. but there has never been an event trio so im a little stuck between the possibilities.
    I'm inclined to believe Diancie, Volcanion, and Hoopa are not a "trio". They don't really look similar in any way whatsoever. And in reading their leaked pokedex entries, I don't think they had much in common. I could be wrong, but it's just a feeling I get.

For Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde, I'm not sure either. On Bulbapedia's page on Legendary Pokemon, they refer to Xerneas and Yveltal as the "Mortality Duo", and list Zygarde separately. So maybe they aren't supposed to be a trio either, despite having X, Y, and Z names? o.o

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    For Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde, I'm not sure either. On Bulbapedia's page on Legendary Pokemon, they refer to Xerneas and Yveltal as the "Mortality Duo", and list Zygarde separately. So maybe they aren't supposed to be a trio either, despite having X, Y, and Z names? o.o

That's certainly possible, but I find it hard to believe that Zygarde isn't related to Xerneas and Yveltal. It seems too much like the Giratina/Kyurem of X/Y to not be somehow related.

I was thinking that it might be more like what berlyda said. Zygarde is the "Order Pokémon", and its ability is meant to balance out Xerneas and Yveltal. Order and Chaos are 2 sides of the same coin. Not exactly sure what you'd call it though. The Order and Chaos trio isn't short and sweet like the other names, and calling it just the Chaos trio or just the Order trio doesn't sound quite right to me.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • For Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde, I'm not sure either. On Bulbapedia's page on Legendary Pokemon, they refer to Xerneas and Yveltal as the "Mortality Duo", and list Zygarde separately. So maybe they aren't supposed to be a trio either, despite having X, Y, and Z names? o.o

Interesting! I hadn't seen that. I guess if you take Xerneas and Yveltal to be a duo excepting Zygarde, Mortality Duo is a good name. I think the reason they're calling them a duo is because there's been no actual canon confirmation that Zygarde is associated to the other two. It's pretty obvious if you put two and two together, but since there's no official confirmation (yet), I guess we can't officially call them a trio. If I recall correctly, there's barely any mention of Zygarde's existence in the games, except for a few passing references of a monster sleeping in a cave somewhere.

Years
  • Nah, let's just call them a trio. I mean it's hard to predict what exact direction they'll go with their next game(s), but there's absolutely no doubt at all that Zygarde will have the main role.

It seems there's a fair few possible names for this trio - given their relationships with the letters X, Y and Z, Norse mythology, and their outright relation to life and death (or 'destruction' as they keep saying -_-). It's a bit hard to decide which aspect is the most prominent, but I would say their life/death relationship is their defining factor, so I'll probably start calling them the Mortality Trio from here on out.

It's funny, til I saw this thread I didn't realise I didn't actually have a collective phrase for them, haha.

Years
  • They don't have a whole lot of back story as a trio (especially Zygarde), so it's pretty hard to slap a name on them. Bulbapedia calls them the Mortality Duo/Trio and I think that sounds pretty cool so I'm gonna go with that.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • In commemoration to the beginnings of the Pokémon series and the digital age in general- in combination with their colour schemes- I call them RGB.

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    Nah, let's just call them a trio. I mean it's hard to predict what exact direction they'll go with their next game(s), but there's absolutely no doubt at all that Zygarde will have the main role.

I find it funny that people continue to say this, like they know something we other players don't about the next game. I know its a little off topic here but i really wish people would quit saying this because the similarities between Zygarde and Mewtwo's situation are very similar when it comes to there appearances in the games and as we all know there was never a Pokemon game made for mewtwo. The only difference is that Mewtwo got movie time.

Back to the subject, the Mortality Duo makes alot of sense. Even though its obvious with Zygarde ,being 718 right after Yvelta and Xerneus, thathe IS som sort of legendary and he would fit in being the mix to make them a "trio". But until an official name release is made for them, we can all just call them whatever we want to. :)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I find it funny that people continue to say this, like they know something we other players don't about the next game. I know its a little off topic here but i really wish people would quit saying this because the similarities between Zygarde and Mewtwo's situation are very similar when it comes to there appearances in the games and as we all know there was never a Pokemon game made for mewtwo. The only difference is that Mewtwo got movie time.

Back to the subject, the Mortality Duo makes alot of sense. Even though its obvious with Zygarde ,being 718 right after Yvelta and Xerneus, thathe IS som sort of legendary and he would fit in being the mix to make them a "trio". But until an official name release is made for them, we can all just call them whatever we want to. :)

It is more than that. Zygarde stands for balance and possibly growth according to what we know about him. That is why people think he will be the 3rd game. It is more like Rayquaza than Mewtwo. And we have reason to believe he has a new form. Sorry I am getting off subject.

Anyways, I also agree on Mortality or Life Trio. X = Life, Y = Death/Destruction and Z = Balance and Growth.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Mortality sounds right.
    Since it's ability reverse those of Xerneas and Yveltal's auras.
    In my opinion...
    Probably the upcoming games would be sequences, and Zygarde will be there to negate the birth of something horrible Xerneas is forced to create by the evil organisation, and to prevent something beneficial to the world from dying from Yveltal's life absorption in the other game.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • I think Mortality Trio sounds pretty good but I don't see it sticking around because there's just something. Boring maybe? I don't really what but something bothers me if they were to be called Mortality Trio. :P Axis Trio in the other hand... is just catchy. It doesn't really have anything to do with Kalos legendaries but I'd still see them to referred as that.

And about Diancie, Volcanion and Hoopa - I see them only as event legendaries just like Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect were back in B/W/B2/W2. :D I hope though that they'd release a patch that would include the Kalos trio somehow or someway would give us the real trio instead of those three.

Back