• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What starter did you choose?

Which starter did you pick in Unova?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TamerKoh

World of Chaos Super Deluxe...
Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    My instant choice of a starter was Pokabu (Tepig). I've always thought it was cute, and witnessing that from within the Best Wishes saga of the anime solidified my choice :). I have it fully evolved, however I'm tempted to breed it and keep it unevolved.

dnomyar27

Beginning VulpixEevee Lover
    Years
  • Tepig, it's cute, powerful, red, and strong. It is not the fastest but if you use flamecharge. In diamond it was water, powerful Empoleon, in heartgold it was grass, strong Meganium, and in white it was fire, Emboar, wonderful, and the first that reach level 100 in my white version. Emboar can learn different moves, awesome

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I've played through 5th gen three times now and I've sooort of used all three. I guess even though I tossed in a vote for Tepig, I didn't really use it though. :( Only Snivy and Oshawott's lines were ever parts of my team (though Oshawott was near-useless).

Snivy was the only one I used and liked.

DarkLordEon

Ruler Of Time and Space
    Years
  • Tepig, it's cute, powerful, red, and strong. It is not the fastest but if you use flamecharge. In diamond it was water, powerful Empoleon, in heartgold it was grass, strong Meganium, and in white it was fire, Emboar, wonderful, and the first that reach level 100 in my white version. Emboar can learn different moves, awesome

Diamond - Water - Empoleon?
    Infernape is a lot better than empoleon.

oocyst

SOFTware
    Years
  • I chose Oshawott. I really like tepig and its evolutionary line, but my friend already chose it and we wanted different starters, so I chose Oshawott who isn't that bad either. I just really hate Samurott. Snivy was out of the question from the start.

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • Oshawott all the way. He's the most balanced starter; he doesn't emphasize on one thing whereas you have Snivy who focuses on Defenses and Emboar who focuses on attacking. Even when I restarted my White I still chose Oshawott.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Oshawott.

Because she was the cutest. :3

Plus I never evolved her past Dewott. Izzy is just too cool. ^^

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    I pretty much chose it at random, and as a result I ended up with Oshawott, and then I never picked another one

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2021
    When i first played through the games i played through black with oshawatt once i got it to a samurott it was decently powerful i then played through white with emboar it made the game was about equally easy with both

Ritzz

Bazinga
    Years
  • First run of White I picked Tepig. The second I picked Snivy. Now in the third run, I really didn't feel like picking Oshawott, so I picked Tepig and left it in the Day-Care. :3

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I picked Oshawott in Black, witch quickly became my 2nt favorite starter line. =p (1st being Squrtle unless your counting Pikachu and Eevee >_> )I picked Tepig in white tough, for something different and I do quite like Tepig too.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I picked Tepig. I most often pick the fire starters and since they started to be dual fighting type, they are even more attractive for me. Even though I like the water starters in terms of designs and concepts, and even though the grass starters in many cases are more fun to play with with their status moves and all, the straight on fire types are what I like best and want to keep on my team through the whole playthrough.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back