• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What starter did you pick in OR/AS?

Which starter did you choose?

• Treecko

Votes: 164 36.1%
  • Torchic

Votes: 117 25.8%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 201 44.3%

• Total voters
    Years
    I guess I originally picked Torchic, but I usually just get all starts by the use of trading and/or other methods. I just perfer torchic since I love birds and its so damn cute!

Side note: If you have all three starters and have exp share on...the games to easy...

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I kinda question it considering it doesn't do well against most of the Gyms, and it's even worse in Omega Ruby due to Team Magma having Pokemon strong against it.

Choosing a starter with a type advantage against the first gym leader is usually pretty useful imo. After you're past the first gym, it doesn't matter so much any more because by that point you'll have more than just your starter to work with.

ugtgrime

Lomax
    Years
    Technically it was torchic. But I got a cyndaquil early on wonder trade and he's been my most used and highest level pokemon. Blaziken isn't even in my team now at sootopolis

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
    Hmm, last I remember, it was Torchic? It's been a while since I touched my copy of Alpha Sapphire, but I don't ever remember raising a Treeko and I definitely remember raising a Mudkip only once, which was in my copy of X.

Years
    During my first run I chose Torchic because the first time I ever beat a Pokemon game was Ruby with my Blaziken. So it was for nostalgia purposes haha.

I'm currently doing my second play through of Omega Ruby, and I chose Mudkip this time. As a kid I was always torn between the two.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    In OR I chose Mudkip because I used Treecko in Sapphire and I rarely pick water starters.

Years
    Treecko all the way!!
    I got Alpha Saphire a few days ago and also I chose Treecko in Saphire and Emerald too so It's like a tradition.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    i chose mudkip cause i felt like not using blaziken since we already had him in kalos so it was between him and treeko

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
    Fire type every time! <3 Chespin forever.

What starter did you pick in OR/AS?

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    I chose Torchic and I'm sorta regretting it but again if I picked Swampert I wouldn't be able to have my Sharpedo and Walrein.. Blaziken is good and all but I should of picked Treeko over Shiftry lol.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2023
    I ended up picking Mudkip, mainly because I already had Blaziken in X from when the game was first released.

Gilles de Rais

Abominable One
    Years
    I've always been partial to Pokémon with a lot of offensive power, so I took Torchic. I like Mega Sceptile better than Mega Blaziken, though.

Back