• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What type of Gym Leader would you be?

Sceptile16

Pokemon Master...In The Making
Years
  • If you had a choice to choose the type of Gym Leader you would be, what would you choose?

For me, I think I would most likely choose to become a dark type gym leader, and my pokemon would be: Houndoom, Weavile, Honchcrow, and Finally Umbreon...

Years
    • he/him
    • Online now
    I would like to be a steel type gym leader that would have the pokemon: Aggron, Metagross, Empoleon, and Magnezone.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Take a look at my username and see if you can guess. 8) Yeah, I can't really see myself being anything but an electric-type gym leader. I'd probably be an earlier gym leader, though, so I could have an excuse to use Pichu as one of my Pokémon, haha.

Pichu, Jolteon, Chinchou, Shinx, would be my team perhaps? I could probably come up with a higher level team too but I'd be happy with this one. :'D

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Haha, I don't think my username reveals my type at all. [/not] Of course, I'd prefer to be a Water-type Gym Leader. Other Water-type Gym Leaders range from early, to middle, to end, even Champion at one point. I'd actually like to be the second Gym Leader overall. I don't know why, whenever I play the game the second is always the toughest for me, for whatever reason. So combining those. My team would probably consist of Staryu, Seadra, and Gyarados. Pretty tough for a second Gym Leader. :P

(Haha, didn't realize they were all generation one Pocket Monsters)

Buono!

Having a Neville week.
    Years
  • Definatly grass. I'd like to be the first gym leader too, they always give an impact? XD But I'd like Budew, Bulbasaur and maybe Hopip. :O

Years
  • I'd be a multi-typed Gym leader, like Blue/Gary was in G/S/C. I don't really believe in only using one type. =P

...but, if I had to pick, it'd probably be either Electric or Fire-type. My two personal favorites :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2008
    i would be a mix of water and grass. my team would be:
    -chikorita -bulbasaur -lapras -marill

my badge would be a green water drop.

Years
  • I rather be a gym leader where you don't stick to one type like Gary did in GSC. I would use a team I would normally use in competitive battling. The challenger better make be well prepared to fight because I would use Pokemon that set up Spikes/Stealth Rock, inflect status ailments, walls, and of course, sweepers. This would make the challenger think twice before attempting to fight me with a single Pokemon because they expect all gym leaders to use a single type.

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
  • I like almost all species of Pokemon. Each type has its own habilities to shape.
    So, I think I would train two or three Pokemon of the types I like most (Water, Ice, Poison, Grass, Dark, Dragon and Normal) and I would the challenger to decide wich type would he/she like to fight. But my special rule for my gym would be that the challenger cannot have pokemon of other type that he chooses. Something like the gym of Rudy in the Orange League.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
  • Charon - Blizzard Badge - 6th Gym Leader of Chubto region*
    Glalie lv. 37 - Ice Shard, Crunch, Sheer Cold, Hail (Ice body)
    Kanglowme lv. 39 - Ice Shard, Thunderpunch, Refresh, Blizzard (Snow warning)
    Walrein lv. 40 - Blizzard, Surf, Rest, Ice Shard (Ice Body)
    Frozenous lv. 42 - Freezing Tackle, Ice Shard, Poison Jab, Double Team (snow cloak)
    TM 107 Ice Shard.

The Gym puzzle would include Igloos with trainers and switchs which eventually turn a snow cannon on, that makes it possible to reach the leader.

I had to put in some of my fakemon, cause it's like every ice type is already used by a gym leader or E4 member.
    *(which would be the region between Kanto and Sinnoh)

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I would be Poison. These are gym movesets only
    Roserade
    WeatherBall
    SunnyDay
    SludgeBonm
    LeafStorm

Muk
    PoisonJab
    SludgeBomb
    GastroAcid
    ShadowSneak

Swalot
    SludgeBomb
    Swallow
    GastroAcid
    Stockpile

Crobat
    CrossPoison
    Hypnosis
    roost
    Uturn

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
  • Well, I don't really like following a format, but an Eeveelution gym leader would be cool :] But if I did have to choose a certain type, it would have to be grass type.

Eeveelution Team
    Flareon
    Jolteon
    Vaporeon
    Leafeon
    Umbreon or Eevee

non-nooblit

non-nooblit trainer
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Sep 29, 2008
    hey wats up
    im new
    i would definetly be a
    Dragon Type Gym leader
    Hasnt been one yet

PorygonSquared

He's Supposed To Be Dead!!!
    Years
  • Ghost-type for me, leading with Baton Pass Drifblim, followed by Sweeper Gengar, PerishTrapper Mismagius, Parafusion Froslass, and Nasty Plotter Spiritomb, with Confuse Ray as my signature move. On the rematch, I'll keep Froslass and Spiritomb, but add in Porygon2, Breloom, Crobat, and Lapras, staying with the annoyance theme of the Ghost-type.

Back