• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What version will you get?

Choose a version!

• Omega Ruby

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • Alpha Sapphire

Votes: 87 46.3%
  • Both

Votes: 51 27.1%
  • Neither >:(

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
Years
  • I picked Sapphire. Since I don't research the differences between the two or anything, I pick the one with the Pokémon the I like more on the cover. I like Kyogre more than Groudon. This is partly appearance and partly that I usually prefer water types and partly that I had one in a game and it was awesome.
    Also, I never get both. I don't like doing something very similar to something else that I just did.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2014
    I'll want to get both versions, but I'll most likely pick up Omega Ruby first, then Alpha Sapphire. Primal Groudon looks really cool, and I prefer some of the pokemon in Omega Ruby.

Dxys

Pkmn. Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Since I heard rumors of a Delta Emerald, I'm most likely getting that one. But for now, I'd say Alpha Sapphire.

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    I played Sapphire and I voted AS in this poll, however, upon further reflection, I must have my own Latios and if he is exclusive to Ruby like he was in the originals, then I have to play OR. However, if they make these titles more similar to Emerald, and I can choose whichever, then I'd like to play AS. I will probably end up buying OR just because I can't wait that long to find out and I have to play it safe.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • Both!!! I got x and y (got y first, and been favorite since). Favorite is Ruby but im getting both anyways.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2022
    I can't NOT get both pokemon games. It's like a sin to just pick one. What with the version exclusives and whatnot and having a roomate who will use the other <3

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    I agree, I can't really decide which version to get first. Can anyone make any suggestions?

Years
  • I agree, I can't really decide which version to get first. Can anyone make any suggestions?

I think with the now highly accessible online features in Pokemon, what version has become even more irrelevant. So I'd just pick what color you like best: blue or red? ^^

I am probably going to get Omega Ruby, simply because my 3DS XL is red =3 Bah and here I was saying I was going to skip this remake...I can't resist anymore.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Seeing as how they cost as much as an accursed Dreadnought, I will get neither. I also feel that the third generation was the weakest addition to the series, trying to awkwardly fit in with the first two generations, both of which fared better in monetary terms than the third. And, if tradition follows (I believe it will), then this will be the worst selling remake that the Pokemon company has put out to date.

Thought for the day: Zeal is its own excuse

Years
  • Seeing as how they cost as much as an accursed Dreadnought, I will get neither. I also feel that the third generation was the weakest addition to the series, trying to awkwardly fit in with the first two generations, both of which fared better in monetary terms than the third. And, if tradition follows (I believe it will), then this will be the worst selling remake that the Pokemon company has put out to date.

Thought for the day: Zeal is its own excuse

I don't know about that. It's going to be in fully 3D with new mega evolutions...I think that alone is enough for it to sell by the truckloads, but I do get where you're coming from. I could never quite put my finger on it but 3rd gen was my least favourite too.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I don't know about that. It's going to be in fully 3D with new mega evolutions...I think that alone is enough for it to sell by the truckloads, but I do get where you're coming from. I could never quite put my finger on it but 3rd gen was my least favourite too.

You bring up some good points.

However, I believe that the number of sales for remakes is significantly lower than the initial release, by Pokemon standards anyway.

For example: Pokemon Red, Blue, and Green sold over 30 million units by release; however, their remakes, Fire Red and Leaf Green went on to sell only 11 million units.

Gold and Silver: 23 million units sold. Heart Gold and Soul Silver sold only 12 million units, while slightly better sales than the other remakes, the numbers still are consistent with selling less units than initial release.

Ruby and Sapphire moved about 15 million units, coming close to last place in sales and barely ahead to Black and White. So going by logic, I would hypothesize that their remakes will sell at or around 8 million units.

In addition, the third games always sell less than the primary release: Pokemon Yellow sold 14 million units. Crystal sold a paltry 6 million as well as Emerald, which sold 6 million, while platinum did slightly better than the aforementioned at 7 million units. The Sequels to Black and White sold 7 million units as well. general consensus leans towards little returns on part of the Pokemon Company.

I actually look forward to seeing the actual sales numbers the remakes produce. Call me cruel, but I never enjoyed the third generation of Pokemon, so I wish to see these remakes fail, so I can prove to myself that my deductible skills still function.

Thought for the Day: Zeal is its own excuse

Years
  • I'm going to be getting Alpha Sapphire as my brother will be getting Omega Ruby, but I think I'll be downloading OR as well... i've never owned both versions for myself

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 3, 2016
    I'm going with Omega Ruby for the time being as I played Ruby when I was younger. However, I still like Kyogre better, but I'll just get one from the GTS.

Back