• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What version will you get?

Choose a version!

• Omega Ruby

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • Alpha Sapphire

Votes: 87 46.3%
  • Both

Votes: 51 27.1%
  • Neither >:(

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
    Since I played Sapphire first, I guess I'll get AS. Also because Team Aqua us obviously more ambitious than Team Magma. Sure I want Groudon but Kyogre has his own points that puts him on top of Groudon.

TheGinger63

PKMN Trainer
    Years
    As soon as they were announced I knew I was getting both. Just cuz I loved the story of the originals. So ill start with alphasapphire with a male play through cuz im a guy. Then ill do omegaruby with a female play through cuz May is my favorite female protagonist

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    Since my best friend got to buy Y (the version I wanted. . .) before I could buy X, she's letting me get Ruby first this time (which is the version we both wanted since it was the first Pokemon game we both played). However this means she gets to pick her starter Pokemon first, and Treeko was the starter we both chose. . . I'm going to end up with Mudkip on my first run ;_;

I hope Nintendo does another promotion where, if you register Club Nintendo points you can get a free download copy of one of the Pokemon games. That's how I got Y (:

Years
    I'll be getting both, I'll pre-order one myself and the other I have asked to be pre-ordered as a birthday present (Since I don't want to pay for both or have to wait until Christmas for the other version). I don't know which I'll be pre-ordering myself, it depends on which version is pre-ordered for my birthday. I'll probably order mine from GAME as they have always delivered my Pokemon games before release date (hopefully I haven't jinxed it!) plus 'dem reward points. (Though I've been saving them to get money off my pre-order)

PSNGhost

God-Emperor
    Years
    I'm going both, because I love Pokemon and have the money, so why not show some love to Nintendo? :) Besides, this way I can start over without losing everything. Plus this way I can Play AS (my initials, lol, not like you care. My first name is Anthony, and my last name.... starts with s.) normally, and to pay homage to Nuzlocke's original run, I'll play OR as a Nuzlocke, and will picke Sceptile. IDK what starter I'll take for AS, but prob. Swampert just to try out the new Mega he got.

nikkissippi121

Pokémon Professor
    Years
    • Age 29
    • they/them
    • Maine
    • Seen Sep 2, 2022
    I always get one of each version, so I'll do the same this time. I'm going to start with Omega Ruby, though, since I started with Ruby back in Gen. III. :)

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Decided on both. However, I'll get Omega Ruby first because my original game was Ruby. I like Groudon a lot more than Kyogre despite the terrible type disadvantage.

Alpha Sapphire on the other hand, I really want to try out the storyline for Team Aqua... And I'm a huge latias fan.
    Hopefully there will be an Eon event again though.

Years
    I plan to get both, do a "blind" Nuzlocke on one of them for my first play, then a normal play on the other and keep that as my main one. Since I like Groudon more than Kyogre, I think Omega Ruby will be the one I stick with. But we'll see.

Years
    I think ill be getting Sapphire, But i still feel not much information is out yet about both games to decide which of the two to buy. What Pokemon can i catch in Ruby and not in Sapphire?

Last edited:

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    I've just discussed with my brother, and he'll get Ruby while I'll pick up Sapphire first. I do usually get both versions eventually, so I'll have to see how different the storyline is for each to see if I'll eventually get Ruby as well :)

Back