• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film What was the last movie you watched?

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Just saw Spider-Man Far From Home again - this time with my Mom, who's not an MCU fan. She still really liked it! (It made me so happy to share my interests with somebody I love.)

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • As Above So Below.
    I really liked it at first, but I felt like the quality got lower and lower throughout, leading up to an unsatisfying ending. :( I particularly didn't like how much was left unexplained.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Rewatched Get Out last night. Just as insane this time as it was the first time. Even when I knew what was gonna happen I was still in complete shock.

GingerS

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2019
    Watched Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.
    Interesting movie. 9/10 from me.

Ys

Wandering Spirit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • They/Them
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    The Lion King V2. Don't recommend it. Just... Eh...

I would have liked better VA, better body language for the animals, and more soul in general...

GingerS

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2019
    The Secret of Marrowbone (Amazon Prime)

This is well worth a watch if you liked The Orphanage (same writer I believe), it is a mystery drama come ghost story which pieces together as you go and has some pretty good writing and characters in my opinion. It gets very tense at times and the ending begs for a second watch. Unlike the Orphanage this is all English language so a lot more accessible.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • i want to say it was soylent green? it's a classic movie, though its not faithful to the book its based on.

Last edited:
    Years
  • A made for TV movie called Princes in the Tower. Since it isn't a series I chose to count it as a movie.

This historical drama is a fictionalized account of the intergration of Perkin Warbeck, who claimed to be one of the long-lost princes in the tower Richard Duke of York. I stumbled on it thinking it was a documentary at first, then realized it was meant to be an original story. I liked it. It is a twist on what historians generally think happened. Very well-done. It is barebones, yet has the right atmosphere, it's poignant and chilling like you are in the tower haunted by ghosts. The acting was excellent. I really like the performances and chemistry between Perkin and Elizabeth of York

pkmin3033

I took my brother to see Ugly Dolls today.

...that is 88 minutes of my life I am never going to get back.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Logan. I'm two years late, but needless to say, I was completely distraught in the end. It's still sad that Hugh Jackman is no longer playing Logan anymore but I still love him for the 17 years of Wolverine he gave us. Also older, greying Logan is HOT.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I saw The Lion King 2019 a week or two ago, don't really get the criticisms but I guess I went in expecting it to suck since everyone hated it. I really liked it, it was as advertised and what I expected of a live action Lion King movie?

Years
  • The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings.

This was my favorite movie once upon a time. It is good to see it again, makes me nostalgic for my childhood. My local movie theater has something called flashblack cinema, where they show older movies on certain nights, so I got to relive it in surround sound, hear the exquisite subtleties of the soundtrack, watch the expressive faces of my beloved characters like Boromoir and Gandalf or Samwise Gangee up close on the silver screen and not just on the TV set of my house. This had such a great cast, their chemistry. It was the first time I had seen the great Sean Bean!

I think the movies stand up to the test of time, it's visually striking, and it's memorable moments like the Nazgul chase scenes are just a powerful and suspenseful as ever. I forgot how scary some of the orcs and Uruk-hai were.

This was the extended edition, and I only own the theatrical cut, so it was fun to see things that aren't in my version. I have seen the extended edition before, but it has been years and I had forgotten some of the things that were lost. Cool.

I think the theatrical release is the most dramatic. The extended edition however does give us more world-building and time with certain characters like Celeborn, Galadriel and Haldir. It is pushing it into nearly four hours so I have to vote for the cut , but both versions are still must viewing for a Ringer like myself.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I saw It: Chapter Two on Saturday! Really liked it. I thought the casting was excellent and they balanced horror and humor so well.

I'd honestly watch a sitcom just about the losers' life after derry without the jumpscares and pennywise and all that

Back