• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was the most annoying AI you've encountered

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhei1

Casual Trainer
Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2018
    For me it's the darn Ruby/Saphire/Emerald AI as there first priority is to inflict a status condition WHENEVER POSSIBLE!

Too much stun spore...

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • The most annoying AI for me are the Battle Factory contestants. It's like they have psychic powers and can tell what move I'm going to use even when I switch out! It makes me so mad!

Adri-chan

What the fruit?
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 28, 2012
    Cynthia. That lady doesn't know when to give me a break. My team was underleveled, but did she take pity on me? No. She's the reason I hate Garchomp now.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Sinnoh had really good AI, but it became obvious that made good moves soon. I would say RBY was the most annoying. (Hey, lets use Thunderbolt on Golem, I mean it was TOO easy)

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    I would say RBY was the most annoying. (Hey, lets use Thunderbolt on Golem, I mean it was TOO easy)

So true ><
    And the A.I. then refused to use a move that was the same type as my Pokemon.
    They would NEVER use Surf on my Blastoise, even if their only other option was something useless,
    or a spamming of a move like Growl.

I also hated R/S/E's A.I. For the same reason (status effects are more important to the A.I. than STAB, super effective moves, what kind of crap is that?)

I'm so glad the A.I. has improved, but it is still ridiculous sometimes.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    There's no reason she should.

I honestly never noticed a difference in Pokemon game AI... naw really.

Really? Even with the A.I. Pokemon that use thunderbolt on ground types and never use Dragon type attacks against Dragons in generation 1? Yet, none of this occurs in Generation 4, that alone is a difference in A.I.

ilikeluigi

Team Rocket's only hope
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2014
    I think the most annoying AI's are the rivals. Because you just want to get pokemon center and then Blue shows up and wipes you out.

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
  • Let's see here...

GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! And did I mention... GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! And not least... GROWL!

Shame we have to go through this in every beginning of the game. :/

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • Let's see here...

GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! And did I mention... GROWL! GROWL! GROWL! And not least... GROWL!

Shame we have to go through this in every beginning of the game. :/

I lol'd at this pretty hard.

Anyways for me the AI can be annoying in any game, not just a single game, each one has its annoyance points.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Um, any Pokemon who kept using Supersonic and Growl. :|

Thank goodness that the A.I is way better this generation. I hope that next generation will be better. n_n

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Earlier this week I fought a trainer's Zubat that was 10 levels lower than my Claydol, which had Psychic and a Mind Plate. Basically I needed one attack to hit to kill it. There was fog on the route, so I can understand a slight drop in accuracy, but I missed 4 times, got confused, hit myself in confusion 5 straight turns, snapped out and missed twice more, and then fainted.

Oh yeah, and the Zubat landed every attack but one.

CGCoder

Rawr Profile Stalker D:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2015
    Misty. i loved firered but since i always choose the fire pokemon its SO ANNOYING i mean she just endlessly water pulse spams and it also confused all my pokemon too

Years
  • Anything that spams Confuse Ray/Supersonic or accuracy lowering moves, they can turn a wipe out into a very frustrating game of pp wastage

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2010
    Anyone using 6 Magikarp above level 15 and still they only use splash. You can tell they are just messing with you at that point.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2023
    I hate it when someone uses any moves like Growl, Supersonic, Defense Curl, etc. And for some reason Misty's Starmie only knew how to use Water Pulse, which really annoyed me.

Years
  • Green/Blue in HGSS...

easily my favorite and most hated AI (lolwut?)

Spoilered for those that haven't gotten to him yet.
    Spoiler:

They've gotten better.

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2022
    never use Dragon type attacks against Dragons in generation 1? Yet, none of this occurs in Generation 4

my guy. there was only 1 dragon move in gen 1. that was dragon rage so im pretty sure they had a damn good reason not to use it

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Responded to someone from 12 years ago. Will likely never see that. Requests users to avoid reviving threads not posted in for about 3 years or longer. Welcomes you (and others) to create a new thread on this topic, however.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back