• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first ever shiny catch (can be from encounter, trading, hatching, ect)

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    Mine was a Buneary from pokemon diamond in eterna forest...

I evolved it into lopunny and then traded it away to someone you gave me all three johto starters (when heartgold and soulsilver weren't out yet). I regret nothing!

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Silver version way back in the day.... found and caught a shiny Raticate! First last and only legitimate shiny I have ever seen or captured haha

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    A murkrow in Diamond. It had a mix of holy **** my first shiny and god dammit that's so ugly.

Bayrock

Dedicated
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    Recently got an Aron randomly in a cave on Pokémon Sapphire, which shocked me quite a bit.

I've bred tons of shiny Pokémon, although I don't have them any more as I've started new games.

I'm also soft resetting for a shiny on Heartgold.

2/20/12 - After nearly 4,000 resets, I've earned myself a Shiny Chikorita, Male, Serious nature.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • My first ever, not counting the Red Gyarados, was a Pidgey in Silver. Caught it before the first gym with a Poke Ball and was the envy of many a fellow primary school kid. =p

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • My first ever encounter was a Globat which I stupidly ran from by not paying attention. First caught was Buuzel from a chain. Wasn't even trying for one. Now I am completely addicted to shiny hunting though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    My first and Only was a psyduck in Diamond, I only thought shinies were semi-rare at the time so I was like "Neat" so I caught it, threw it into My Pokemon Ranch, lost my copy of Diamond and now I have a blue Psyduck that I can't do anything with

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    not counting the red gyrados, it was a shiny tentacruel. i thought it was a bug cause it was in pkm gold, and i had a missingno. on it. but well, its legit woo.

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
    Years
  • The first time I saw a shiny Pokemon was in Gold Version way back in gen 2. My mystery egg hatched into a shiny Igglybuff, which was totally useless and stored in the PC until my little brother started a new game.
    However, I also ran into a shiny Bagon on my copy of Ruby, and I still have the shiny Salamence. I sent it to the Pal Park, and it's still on my copy of Diamond.

Zythrone

The One And Only!
    Years
  • Gyrados.

But that doesn't count, I guess...

I think my second was a Pidgey... its been a long time since...

I do know it was a good enough Pokemon to have on my team.

One of my games has a shiny Ariados that is in my party... I forget which one though, I might find it later.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2013
    My first Shiny Pokemon was a Sandshrew i caught in pokemon emerald
    and my second was the red Gyarados in heartgold
    I kept Gyarados but i deleted the emerald which had my Sandshrew

Johtomasterandlover

I´m the best of Johto
    Years
  • Maaaaaaaaaaan, that brought back memories...
    My first shiny was a graveler in Crytal's Victory Road, wich I didn't manage to capture, but then I found a shiny golbat in Mt. Mortar while looking for the Dragon Scale.
    Captured it, evolved it, would still have it if the internal battery had not run dry.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Back in Emerald, I had found a shiny Wurmple. Originally, I didn't want a Wurmple on my team, but it was too precious to box. So, I let it on my team, where it became a reliable Beautifly.

Eric The Simipour

The modest and naive Simipour.
    Years
  • My first encounter was with a Wurmple in Eterna Forest on Pearl while looking for a Bunery. Forgot what happened then but I either accidently ran away from it or I caught it and something happened to where my DS dropped and resetted.

I wasn't upset though cause it probably just would have been a first of a collection. But my first I really obtained was a Riolu I hatched down the road.

EB

Re: World
    Years
  • Chameleon Circuit - Nightmares

I had one of these before they were cool... >.>

What was your first ever shiny catch (can be from encounter, trading, hatching, ect)

First and only. Caught him as a Hoothoot, though.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    My first shiny was incredibly boring, a shiny Magikarp when fishing for Feebas on Ruby.

Back