• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first Shiny pokemon ever?

Wi-fi Battler

currently in la la land.
Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2011
    This has probally have been done already but like i said in a post once... I'm lazy :P
    well... what was your first shiny pokemon ever? Name the game, where it was, and what did you think about it.

In my pokemon Firered game i was on two island exploring when a shiny meoth popped up. the stupid thing was i didn't know what a shiny was back then and i was getting random pokemon encounters like every other patch of grass so i O.H.K.O it and went off. lol i regret it now...
    now your turn :P

Beco

That guy...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2012
    Well, my first shiney was the Red Gyarados from GS. I'm not sure if that one counts.
    If not, then it is a female Graveler in Crystal, then a female Graveler in Diamond.

HirakuNoShadow

Au contraire mon frère.
    Years
  • My first shiny was a Ditto, which was in Emerald when I was looking for ones with 31 IVs

Next was a shiny Carvanha, which came up when I first tried to catch Feebas (heck Feebas is as hard as catching a shiny imo)

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • I can't remember too far back, but my first (and currently only) shiny in the DPPt series is a shiny Rhyhorn, which I came across when I was training in Victory Road. His name is Rusty.

I don't think I've encountered anything before, come to think of it.

Oh yeah, and there was the red Gyarados in Silver...but I don't count it. xD

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • The Red Gyarados was obviously my first. My second however, was Groudon which is quite odd. It was shiny on my first encounter which means I didn't even soft reset for it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • This goes in General Gaming. /moves

As for the question, Red Gyarados aside, my first shiny was a Dusclops in Ruby. :] Second shiny was a Mightyena in Emerald last year but it Roar'd away before I could catch it. *SOB* ;;

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    My first shiny Pokémon was Tentacool.

My second shiny Pokémon was Tentacool. And, lastly, my third shiny Pokémon was. . Tentacool. =_=​

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    First i got a Shiny Poochiena in Emerald, on route 103.
    Then i got a Shiny Zigazagoon also in Emerald, on route 106, I think.
    After that i got a Shiny Voltorb in Firered, someplace near the powerplant.
    And a Shiny Linoone in Ruby, at the place near Berry Master.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    In Fire Red, I have seen three (!) Shiny Zubat in various caves. I didn't know what Shiny Pokemon were, figured it was a glitch, and fainted 'em all. Later, as my first owned Shiny, I got a Spinda off the GTS in... Pearl, I believe.

Pekachoo

LOLCATS
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    my first was the red gyarados
    other than that i got a shiny spearow in leaf green

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
  • A Doduo in the Hoenn Safari Zone, if we're discounting the GSC Gyarados. I was so excited! And lucky to actually catch it, considering the randomness of Safari Zone encounters.

Back