• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first starter pokemon?

Luci_

Shroomish Enthusiast
Days
  • Ash the Popplio in Sun, and why I picked it? I thought it was cute and I didn't like the other starters (then but I love rowlet now.)

Raj

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Pikachu in Pokemon Yellow wasn't really a choice, but did leave me with a soft spot for him even years later.

Days
  • i just remember borrowing someone's GBC and they had Red or Gold and i picked whatever Pokèmon is to the left of Oak's table

i ended up buying Red VC from the eShop years later. i picked Charmander because of the anime episode.

Years
  • The first Pokémon game I owned was Yellow, so... Pikachu. Not much of a choice, really.
    However, I didn't actually get all that far into the game, and somehow got a hold of Pokémon Silver. My starter there was Cyndaquil, and it will forever hold a place in my heart. I was disappointed to learn it has the exact same stat spread as the Charmander line, and I know Typhlosion isn't exactly an unbeatable Pokémon, but a journey in Johto is never complete without my fiery pal!

Descendng

actual real Sableye. trust me.
    Years
  • Started with HGSS when I was 10, so I'm in the Cyndaquil gang. since then, it's typically been my go-to for any game it's in.

Back