• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What was your most OMGWTF moment in B/R/Y

Years
  • well the first time i played this ... god i face palm myself in shame, well when they evolved i was impressed going crazy as hell over the fact my pokemon wasnt the other pokemon anymore um dont laugh

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Well , I once activated the Missingno. glitch without knowing it...
    Guess my face when I ran into a Lv. 158 Kingler !

Ayselipera

well the first time i played this ... god i face palm myself in shame, well when they evolved i was impressed going crazy as hell over the fact my pokemon wasnt the other pokemon anymore um dont laugh

Hahahah XD no need to face palm. I remember being extremely excited when that happened.

My most OMG moment was when I received a Charmander on that route north of Cerulean City. At the time I was obsessed with the Charmander line. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    I just had one, I caught MEWTWO with a ultra ball on the first throw. He was at a very low HP level and frozen though -_-

But none the less, still awesome

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    I think it would have to be in one of my red files. I was battling Sabrina and she kicked my ass until all I had left was a pikachu that was under trained compared to the rest of my team. I was against her alakazam and I sent pikachu out with a sigh of defeat and pressed a random move so I could wait to be put out of my misery.

That random move happened to be Sismic toss. Pikachu performed the move and...ALAKAZAM FREAKING DIED! My eyes popped out of their sockets. Remember that pikachu was under trained it was at like level 20 or something, I should have died, it was amazing. Almost as amazing as another battle I will never forget but that's leaf green
    , it doesn't go here.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • xDD I was young when this happened so dont laugh at me, I was freakin out on my yellow version because my pikachu made this weird cry before it fainted and it dissappeared.

TaoBoa

Indigenous to Nowhere
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2010
    One time I was link battling with my sister. (She was using Silver, I was using Crystal) and one of her Pokemon fainted so she sent out another one. But instead of it being the Pokemon she sent out, a random Butterfree appeared. It was asleep,burned, and paralyzed at the same time and it's HP bar took up like half of the screen. We were pretty weirded out needless to say. xD

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    Those level 128 Charmeleons in the MissingNo glitch.

The Mew glitch.

I loved evolving. It made me feel accomplished. Now it's just like... "ehh..." after 10+ years.

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2011
    Finding out that i have to use stones to evolve Eevee...
    And it had like 3 evolutions...

That...
    And pretty much the missingno thing ^^

paddy185

Banoffee Pie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2010
    Getting defeated by a Slowpoke after going through Rock Tunnel.....

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    When i entered glitch city without knowing how to do so ...

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    I didn't know how to catch pokemon neither how to speak english.
    Then I accidentaly bought the Magikarp in Pewter. My Charmander died and "OMG a useless fish"

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • Oddly for me, when Silver rips on you for falling into a hole in the burned tower.

That made me laugh so hard when I replayed Crystal a few weeks ago. He says it in such a "you'll never find me falling into random holes" tone. :3

As for me, I freaked out when I eventually found Zapdos in the Power Plant in Blue. She'd been my favourite Legendary forever (as there were only five of them back then, not like nowadays ~.~) and I was so psyched that I could now catch her and use her. XD

Back