• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will your team be?

Years
  • Also, I was wondering... I already know Alolan Ninetales and Alolan Sandslash are version exclusives, and besides Lycanrock and the monkeys, I don't know the other versions exclusives. Anyone has a list of them?? I just want to see if I can get Lurantis on Moon version xD

Picture of version exclusives: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw6SB75XUAAIyup.jpg

Keep in mind the two Ultra Beasts who appeared in the new CoroCoro are version exclusives as well.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2018
    This could easily be my team, but... as i travel through Hawaii things can change, the sure thing is Incineroar is my Starter!!

What will your team be?

What do you guys think?​

Years
  • This could easily be my team, but... as i travel through Hawaii things can change, the sure thing is Incineroar is my Starter!!

What will your team be?

What do you guys think?​

You seem to have a problem with Ground-types here and while Toxapex and Dhelmise do have type advantages against Ground, remember that you are well-exposed to the type and that can sometimes be a bad thing.

Tapu Lele is also postgame-only as far as being catchable goes, so you'll have to substitute it until then. Just make sure not to stack up another Ground weakness.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2018
    You seem to have a problem with Ground-types here and while Toxapex and Dhelmise do have type advantages against Ground, remember that you are well-exposed to the type and that can sometimes be a bad thing.

Tapu Lele is also postgame-only as far as being catchable goes, so you'll have to substitute it until then. Just make sure not to stack up another Ground weakness.

I'll look into it, thanks Hikamaru for you advices, but i wanna' test that Golem Electrified!!

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2018
    No problem, because my own planned team for Moon is very Ground-weak anyway but I will be having both a Water and Grass-type to deal with that.

Woow... i'm gonna' try another challenge, not being defeated, i just lost my mind completely, but i'll try it!!

GOOD LUCK Hikamaru!!

Last edited:

MaSterBarth

Pokemon MaSter
    Years
  • Spoiler:

I'm still going to use Vikavolt because it's my new favorite electric type period.

I went back over my team, and it's mainly ice and fire weak but as resistances in all but ghost. I just really like this team.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I'm sooo disappointed in Vikavolt now. I mean, making it a special attacker instead of a physical attacker is bad enough, but they also made it slow and now they made it evolve really late into the game??? Crabrawler evolving so late is also disappointing, and Jangmo-o coming so late is slightly understandable, but still a disappointment. As for Mareanie, I'm no stranger to using rare Pokemon, since I've used a Lapras in Pokemon White 2.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    As for Mareanie, I'm no stranger to using rare Pokemon, since I've used a Lapras in Pokemon White 2.

I read a post about that on Tumblr. You have to encounter a Corsola and then sometimes when it calls for help it'll call a Mareanie instead by accident.

Though I was looking at the encounter tables and a lot of them had Mareanie at 1% but at least one of them had Mareanie at 10% so I think it'll still be ok.

Mareanie is one I'm hoping to pick up on the first island.

By the way, when do you get the fishing rod? Is it on the first island?

Should this be in spoilers?

Last edited:

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • What will your team be?

Okay, this is my final revision. After learning this gen may take awhile to get through, I decided to op out some of the Pokemon I really wanted to use. I do plan on evolving Salandit, but I didn't want to post a spoiler because I'm nice. The only possible change I see happening is opting someone out for Mareanie, but since she isn't a version exclusive I will use her in Moon.

Years
  • Thanks to the tip that Hikamaru posted about location evolutions i was able to put together my final team for Sun :) I was able to cover most weaknesses, but any tips i would love to hear!
    At the 1st stage evolution i am planning Litten- Munchlax- Pikachu- Wimpod- Morelull- Mudbray! After the main story i will replace Munchlax for Type:Null - Morelull for Tapu Bulu - & Mudbray for Gible/ Jangmo-o

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I actually really like my team that I have come up with. I will probably use more than what I list, but this is definitely my main team. I also kinda wanted to use Alolan Sandscrew since I never use those pokemon, but it isn't in sun.

I still haven't learned all the new names, so forgive me.

Spoiler:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • After considerable thought I plan to use for my initial run:

Primarina - A real lack of good Water Pokemon means Popplio is the most sensible starter and has an elegant design. I will be soft resetting for a female.

Alohan Ninetales - I'm getting Sun and Ninetales is one of my favourite Pokemon and has a elegant design.

Tsareena - The Grass type on my team. I really like the design here.

Mimikyu - It is adorable and has a great lore.

Alohan Raichu - A unique typing and a cute design.

Midday Lycanroc - This one could change as I play through the game. Bewear or even Garchomp could be the last spot here.

Looking at this team I am stacking up a bit on Fairy Types but it is what it is.

I plan to do a Grass Monotype once the Bank opens too.

MaSterBarth

Pokemon MaSter
    Years
  • I think Minior is really interesting. Like I would get all different color ones because. And its move pool for lv up moons is so good.

Years
  • Dicidueye: The Night Protector
    Morelull: Poisonous Lover
    Salandit: Dreadful Burner
    Drampa: Soul Caring Guardian
    Oricorio (Sensu Style): Weeping Dancer
    Alolan Dugtrio: Innocent Frolicking Diety

Substitutes:

Bruxish: Priority Kisser
    Oricorio (Pa'u Style): Diety Praiser
    Wishiwashi: The Raging Gather
    Comfey: Charmful Healer
    Cutifly: Moonlight sippers
    Lycanroc (Midnight Form): Serial Howler

Miserable Pocket Monsters they are! Only a naivete goddess warms their heart from their miserable afterlife. The noctural creatures protect her do to the kindness of her heart! I know, it's ever so sad team. x' D

Edit: I'm in experimental mode. I have so much of a Ice/Fire Weakness on my current team. I decided to added more substitutes.

Last edited:

Syvelocin

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • I'm a sucker for Alolan Ninetales so that's gonna have to be in my team. I kinda want Lycanroc since I'm often not a fan of rock pokémon so it's nice to like one for once. I'm between two options, choosing Decidueye and then Vaporeon being my Eevee or choosing Primarina and having Leafeon be my Eevee. I like Vaporeon a lot more but I never use Leafeon so that option is also tempting. Or maybe I should really challenge myself and make this the first Eevee-free team? That's a scary concept for me lmao.

Back