• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What would be your biggest let-downs?

Years
  • A big let down for me would be if they didn't bring back the exp. all from X and Y. It helped a lot for me so I didn't have to grind a ton at certain points of the game.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Years
  • A big let down for me would be if they didn't bring back the exp. all from X and Y. It helped a lot for me so I didn't have to grind a ton at certain points of the game.

If that happens then people would keep on complaining on the game being too easy.

Besides, I'm pretty sure audino is pretty much confirmed due to its mega.

I'll be mad if theres like no post game but I did see a little extra islands in the pokenav that I didn't see in the original RSE games, Im assuming they will be like the sevii islands from FR and LG

Years
  • The biggest let down for me is not having the ability to directly be able to trade with x and y and being forced to use pokebank ( how am I gonna transfer my items ?). If they did that it would totally not make any sense to me as there are no new pokemon just new mega evolution which are only used in battles/contests.

I'm pretty sure you will be able to trade to and from X/Y. It's always been tradition for games from the same generation to trade and interact with each other.

As for what is my biggest let-down, if they still leave Brendan/May's starter stuck in its middle stage and therefore won't use its Mega against us. That was one of the reasons I didn't like Brendan/May as far as rivals go, because it's often tradition for rivals to fully evolve their starters so I hope OR/AS fixes that problem and makes them equal with the other rivals.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The games are shaping up beautifully, but there are a couple of features that I would be disappointed if they weren't to make it into the games.

Battle Frontier, although this was exclusive to Emerald it's still something they should carry over to these games given the amount of hours you can sink into it. Not to mention that Crystal's Battle Frontier was included in HGSS sooo..

Gym Leader & Elite Four Rematches. Gym Leader Rematches were available in Emerald through Match Call which I'm not sure whether that will make a return or not, Elite Four rematches on the other hand was something that never made the final cut into the games which really should have.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • It would be a ding-darn shame if I don't see Mega Gallade(high hopes, crossing my fingers). Also I would really miss Battle Frontier.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Not having battle frontier, not being able to rematch the gym leaders, or having no night feature implemented into the game. I'd love to see Hoenn at night!

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2020
    Well I personnaly would like to see torkoal get an evolution and maybe something for lunatone and solrock

Years
  • I think there won't be that many more Megas at least until the game is released, but not having Camerupt and Sharpedo Megas would be a huge let down.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    From everything what we've seen of the trailers and gameplay footage so far, I feel like Gamefreak are hitting this one out of the park and making the right changes for this to be a crucial and memorable entry into the series. It may only come out 1 year after X/Y but I feel like this thing has been in the works for a lot longer than that.

I've mentioned on this forum a couple of times now that I wasn't the biggest fan or Ruby and Sapphire growing up. I actually still find the aesthetic and the music in the game rather grating too. I now actually see there was good direction as far as creating a certain atmosphere, but it's not my cup of tea with the pastel colours and obnoxiously upbeat trumpety music. Thankfully from what I've seen of the gameplay trailers, I won't have to worry about those problems as the presentation in ORAS appears far more sleek.

I also wasn't big on the roster of pokemon used in the original Ruby and Sapphire games as many of my favourite Johto pokemon were absent from the games. In fact if I'm not mistaken, the only second gen pokemon in the games at all are Marill, Slugma and Skarmory. So I would really like to see a wider variety of pokemon available in ORAS, and I suspect that will be the case given we've seen Mega Slowbro and Mega Lopunny who weren't originally in the Hoenn region.

So that pretty much leaves one potential avenue for disappointment left for me. And that is the post game, or specifically, the Battle Frontier. I loved the Emerald Battle Frontier and spare for the Battle Factory, I got Gold in every facility. I'd be perfectly happy if they just copied the Battle Frontier straight from Emerald and had the same Facilities but with new pokemon, but I'm really hoping that they expand on the concept and have a really fun and diverse postgame, which was one of the only things lacking from X and Y.

Years
  • Well I highly doubt this game is going to have a post game, as most of them don't. However the battle frontier always made up for lack of postgame for me.

So I'll be sad if it doesn't return.

I've seen lots of people mention Charcter customization, but I doubt it's returning and it wouldn't ruin the game if it didn't.

So really no frontier would be the only let down for me. But even without it I will likely still enjoy the game....

Oh lack of trumpets would also be a let down

Back