• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would be your goal?

What Is Your Goal?

• Pokemon Master/Normal Type Trainer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bug Master/Bug Type Trainer

• Dark Master/Dark Type Trainer

• Fire Master/Fire Type Trainer

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Flying Master/Flying Type Trainer

• Ghost Master/Ghost Type Trainer

• Grass Master/Grass Type Trainer

• Dragon Master/Dragon Type Trainer

• Electric Master/Electric Type Trainer

• Fighting Master/Fighting Type Trainer

• Ground Master/Ground Type Trainer

• Ice Master/Ice Type Trainer

• Poison Master/Poison Type Trainer

• Psychic Master/Psychic Type Trainer

• Rock Master/Rock Type Trainer

• Steel Master/Steel Type Trainer

• Water Master/Water Type Trainer

• Fairy Master/Fairy Type Trainer

• Gym Leader

• Pokemon Coordinater

• Pokemon Breeder

• Pokemon Connoisseur

• Take Over The World

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Region Champion

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Other

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

Shukawariosenpai

Pokemon Breeder/Completionist
Years
  • If you were a trainer going on a journey, what would your goal be? To become a gym leader? A pokemon master? To take over the world? How would you achieve your goal?

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Psychic master, I love the idea of being able to command and communicate telepathically with your pokemon.

Pokemon Master/Normal Type Trainer
    Aren't those two completely different things?

Last edited:

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    I'm torn between being the Champion or being a Coordinator, the anime pretty much sold me on pokémon contests but winning an anime-styled pokémon league would be dope as well. I can't really decide.

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
  • Norman?

Anyway, I picked 'other'. I can't really sympathize with wanting to be 'the best' or any such. I'd want to be something more akin to a pokemon ranger, in that you get strong to keep nature in balance and to protect the world around you, instead of just so you can say you're strong.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'd get a team consisting of Pokemon supporting each other pretty well, including a Celebi. After that, we'd travel through time and space, visiting different places, meeting different people, across all the times. Then we'd start changing the future, by intervening in important events and become such a threat that the god of all Pokemon himself has to intervene. What follows is an epic battle between us and him, that's so devastating, that it breaks through the time barrier, which means that it happens in all time periods at the same time.

After our victory, we'd become gods of the new Pokemon world and the first thing we'd do, is get some ice cream and relax a little bit. Who needs to be Pokemon Master, or rule the world, if you're capable of beating the strongest being in the whole universe? :P

Reactions: Nah
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    I'd get a team consisting of Pokemon supporting each other pretty well, including a Celebi. After that, we'd travel through time and space, visiting different places, meeting different people, across all the times. Then we'd start changing the future, by intervening in important events and become such a threat that the god of all Pokemon himself has to intervene. What follows is an epic battle between us and him, that's so devastating, that it breaks through the time barrier, which means that it happens in all time periods at the same time.

After our victory, we'd become gods of the new Pokemon world and the first thing we'd do, is get some ice cream and relax a little bit. Who needs to be Pokemon Master, or rule the world, if you're capable of beating the strongest being in the whole universe? :P

You wouldn't even have to battle to become gods, just travel to a time in which you already are :P

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    A Coordinator for sure. When contests were introduced in the anime, it pretty much sold me instantly. Although being a Psychic-type trainer doesn't sound too bad either.

Years
  • If I were a trainer, my path of choice would be to pursue a career in competitive battling, hence the vote for Regional Champion. After I pass the "peak" and things begin to go the inevitable downhill direction, I would most likely settle down and stick to being a Gym Leader, one that is diverse in specialty. Dragon is my favorite type, but it's no fun to only be limited to Pokemon that are a certain type/part of a certain type, and you would lose the chance to learn from those that fall outside of that category.

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    I've thought of what I would do in the Pokemon world and am still a bit torn between different paths. Like, maybe I would create a little sanctuary for Pokemon high up in the mountains and heal other Pokemon, because in real life I love to clean small injuries, wrap and ice a sprain, or fight of a common cold with warm soup and rest. I plan to be a Veterinarian, so it fits. I just don't want to work in a Pokemon Center. I'd rather use older methods and grow my own herbs and berries.

But I also love superheroes, ever since watching Spiderman movies when I was younger. I love their sense of morality and justice. It would be pretty great to dress up in a cool outfit and fight off crime beside my Pokemon. I kinda want to create a team with a move pool that would be helpful for this purpose just for the fun of it.

Either way, I know that I would be a Dragon-type user. Sure, I'd have Pokemon like Noctowl, Kecleon and Chatot (Pokemon I've bonded to in the games), but my main goal would be to build up a powerful dragon team, understand each one's strengths and weaknesses and make them the best they can be. So I'll go with that.

Years
  • While I think it would be fun to either be a Gym Leader or just specialize in a certain Pokemon type, I think I'd generally stay away from battling, and probably be a Pokemon Researcher, possibly with the hopes of becoming a Professor.

I'm more interested about the history and lore of Pokemon than I actually am with battling, so I think I could take my research in many different directions and be just as happy doing that as I would be as a trainer.

Queen May

Master Pokemon Trainer/Coordinator
    Years
  • I would rather be a Coordinator or Pokemon Master. I guess it depends on what I liked better. Maybe I could be a Pokemon Coordinator who is also a Master Pokemon Trainer. The best of both worlds.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I would take over the world and institute a stable government. That could take a lifetime though... I think for the majority of the time I would try to become the most powerful trainer ever, secretly, and take advantage of a situation when it comes.

I mean ambition has to start somewhere right?

Back