• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would you change about pokemon?

AXELXu7

Kusari Ninja
Years
  • Looking for constructive criticism on pokemon's current state. Any and all ideas welcome. Ex: I think that paras and nincada should be consolidated into one pokemon, branching off into ninjask and shedinja and parasect.

(also, sorry if this landed in the wrong forum. I couldn't find a feedback/suggestions topic.)

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
  • As far as the games are concerned I agree, there should definitely be difficulty levels. We should also be given the option to disable all of the long, annoying battle animations. I can barely play the games these days because of how long it takes to get through the animations. :|

I dunno about Pokemon overall as a franchise. I'm ok with the number, the general nature of the 'mons, etc. I might give Delibird an evolution :D

I thought you already had the option to disable those? Do you mean like battle intros?

Im sure Shadypenguinn would be pleased. XD

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I know this is PGen but most of my ideas are gonna be game-related since I don't watch the anime or do anything else Pokémon related besides the games, srry.

1) fewer standalone pokémon/pokémon without evolutions. In particular, can we please give evolutions to farfetchd, lapras, heracross, girafarig, delibird, sableye, mawile, zangoose, tropius, absol and drampa. I know some of these have Megas and while Megas are cool but they'll never be a replacement for proper evolutions imo.

2) design your plot so I don't need to bump into my rivals every 30 seconds. I wouldn't mind if they were actually interesting characters but I can't appreciate the character development in the latest few gens at all. I like exploring and discovering things for myself, not needing Lillie/Hau/Brendan/whatever the kalos rivals were called to hold my hand every few minutes.

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
  • Yeah, I'm okay (and happy with) the actual attack animations. Those are nice, and relevant. But it feels like it takes hours from the initiation of an encounter to the point where I can actually start battling.

Next time you play, count in your head the number of seconds between the point where you're no longer able to move your character due to random tall-grass encounter, and the point where you can start attacking. It's absurdly long. :\

I hear what you're saying and definitely agree. Luckily repels are a thing if you're simply just trying to get through the game. Hopefully thats added in the future.

Years
  • 2) design your plot so I don't need to bump into my rivals every 30 seconds. I wouldn't mind if they were actually interesting characters but I can't appreciate the character development in the latest few gens at all. I like exploring and discovering things for myself, not needing Lillie/Hau/Brendan/whatever the kalos rivals were called to hold my hand every few minutes.

I would definitely do something about the tutorials as well, since the veteran players do get bored of them and with the newest generations being more hand-holdy them ever, it's like Game Freak only seem to want to focus on newcomers and that makes me upset.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Make strong sun a possible weather you can encounter regularly in the games. It's no fair that you can walk through one route and it's raining on and off the battle field, another and it's foggy, and so on... but never really strong sunlight. My Cherrim demand strong sunlight. :/

I have to admit tho I googled this to make sure I wasn't talking out my ass and apparently they DID add a place in SM that has strong sunlight! But it's just a desert. :( I want it more often.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Speaking from a competitive perspective and even though I'm not a fan of the official format, but I feel like, if you really need to make Double Battles the default tournament way of play, then the main game should also have more Double Battles. That way people can get a lot more accustomed to said format, making it easier for newer players to get into the meta.

From a non-competitive perspective: give alternatives to trade evolutions that require rare items. I accept trade evolutions that don't need items, but if you want yourself say a Scizor (or even worse: Porygon-Z), then it would be nice to have different options to evolve them ingame, as well.

I just feel like there's way too many trade evolutions that require an item as well. <_<

blue

gucci
    Years
  • regarding the games then i'd say multiple saves for people who like to do challenges such as nuzlockes or monotype runs. also agree on difficulty levels for every game.

Years
  • Change the difficulty a bit. I did find Sun and Moon to be a bit more challenging than previous installments, but I still want them to increase it more. I would really enjoy that.

Years
  • regarding the games then i'd say multiple saves for people who like to do challenges such as nuzlockes or monotype runs. also agree on difficulty levels for every game.

If I remember reading correctly, the reason why I believe Pokemon games have only one save is because it's a marketing ploy by Game Freak to encourage you to get multiple copies. Pokemon has always been promoted as a social-heavy franchise and they clearly want you to take advantage of it.

Years
  • If I remember reading correctly, the reason why I believe Pokemon games have only one save is because it's a marketing ploy by Game Freak to encourage you to get multiple copies. Pokemon has always been promoted as a social-heavy franchise and they clearly want you to take advantage of it.

That sucks, I'm all for multiple save files. I'm a fan of playing with different starters and building different teams, but I get so emotionally attached to my first team that I don't want to restart the game (I didn't have pokemon bank to save my pokes up until a few months ago).

Years
  • Can we please let Luvdisc and Alomomola be related? I know they were going with a clean slate in Black and White, but if they can group Miltank and Tauros together 5 gens later, I don't see why they can't do it for these two.

xXLunaSolXx

Sometimes I feel I want Pokemon to be like it was in the beginning again. Game Freak changes Pokemon with unnecessary things a little too much imo.

Last edited:
    Back