• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Would You Do: If Pokemon Was Cancelled In North America?

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2014
    A show cancellation causing the video games to pull back too? That sounds a bit farfetch'd seeing how much more weight the games pull than the show...

But if Pokemon pulled back from the US...

I'd sit in with the rest of the english fanbase as it deflates and crystallizes into some devoted cult following trying to get its unappreciated games to localization. You know, the kind of devoted cult following that sends email siege after email siege in organized campaigns, with heavy loads of series-relevant art and craft, and makes translation patches for roms, all to show they care.

Last edited:

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    I'd cry ;~; Well not literally but I'd be well annoyed. I grew up with Pokemon, and it's not going to leave me >: I'm gonna leave it! >D
    i would littarally ccry, pokemon has been my life, forever

L5Animations

Gamer & Shiny Hunter
    Years
  • I'd freak out, protest, go on a rampage, storm the buildings of Nintendo and GameFreak, and demand to bring 'em back.

...Actually, I wouldn't storm the buildings, but I would take part in a huge protest.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    If it was the anime.....I'd wait until it came out here, rather than waiting for Americans to upload it onto the internet xD

The whole of pokémon? Same as the anime, except the upload part....

If it was cancelled in everywhere that spoke English, I'd either improve my German and import from there (A* here I come! :P), improve my French and import from there......learn Italian and import from there.....or give up.....or if I had a hell of a lot of time....learn Japanese and import from there. Although it'd be a bit pointless as I'm giving up at the end of Gen V / The RSE remakes ;)

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • How funny is it that this is a 'what if' question for the North America, however it's already happening - albeit slowly - here in the UK. By that I mean the animé has been left behind quite a while ago (we're still on Galactic Battles), the manga is non-existent; and it's only the video games that are still keeping up Pokémon here.

However, if the video games also end up being obsolete too then I would try and find an alternate way to obtain them (importing, etc.). If it ends up that I can't obtain Pokémon then, honestly, I'll just move on to another franchise. D:

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
    Years
  • I'd move to Canada, or learn Japanese. (I want to live in Canada when I'm on my own anyways, so going earlier would be good.) (omgizzle my 100th post!!!!!)

Last edited:

vinylscratchp0n3

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A START
    Years
  • Since I will be learning Japanese next year, I'd just import everything I already have Pocket Monsters Green and Blue!

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I am not worried; someone will just come up with a translation patch.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Two things :
    -I'd go shoot an innocent bystander to clear my nerves up.
    -I'd go learn basic Japanese.
    -I'd buy a DS Lite to import Jap. Games.
    Oh crap, that's three things...
    Well, you get the idea. Even though I live in Europe, I suppose it will get canceled here as well, if it were to happen in North America...

hack1

Dragon Green
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2015
    I would laugh. Europe doesn't get enough love for pokemon.
    This. Maybe it would be even good: Maybe Nintendo would make Pokemon games in different languages to get new fans. I would love that.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I would cry for a long time. And then I'd get to work on importing whichever language is remotely closest to English. Or start learning Japanese... :\

Then I would write out a strongly-worded letter to the individual(s) and/or parties responsible for such madness and utter insanity! :cer_pissed:

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    I'd die.

And I would be forced to play Sims all friggin day/night.

Back