• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would you like to be remembered for?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I tried to think of a witty title, but to no avail, I came up short. Ah well!

It's no doubt we're all going to die at one point. Whether it be today, tomorrow, or the next fifty years from now; it's inevitable. However, I'm not here to ask you about death. While death is part of life, it's what we do with our time before then that matters the most. We all have goals we'd like to achieve as well as dreams we'd like to live. We all want to accomplish something in our life that will make it all the more meaningful to ourselves. It can be big, it can be small. It can be something only friends and family will know of or it can be something that may just go down in history.

My question to you is, what would you like to be remembered for after you die? Or in other words, what is it you want people to remember you for?

Years
    I'd say I'd liked to be remembered for my writing, but then I remember I don't actually show it off. :p Maybe if I had someone post it for me after I died, or if I ever get around to posting it myself...

Uh, I guess for my hard work? Sure, I can be a slacker at home (seriously this place is a mess x___X) and a bit on PC (naughty me), but at my job, I work hard. Always show up on time, do everything I'm supposed to and do it well, don't really get into any trouble, and I get along with everyone. *shrugs* Now if only I could apply that to the rest of my life. >:(

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    "I don't want to be remembered at all. If I'm being remembered, it means I'm dead." - Yuri Orlov, Lord of War

In all seriousness, though, I haven't actually done anything worth remembering yet. My life is still pretty much a blank slate, so I'll just have to see what happens and if any of that is actually worth being remembered for after I die.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't know what I'll be remembered for. I know I'll be remembered, but for just one thing? I don't know, I think I'll be remembered for a variety of different things rather than one thing specifically. For example, with Nan and Pop, probably for saying weird things often, on here, for Black and White or idk something like that, and IRL in general idk. :x

I guess it's just hard to put it to just one thing, though I'm pretty sure I'll be remembered for good things if anything.

Ayselipera

I feel like the most memorable things about me are really stupid things. Things like my favorite activities and objects just because they can be a little eccentric. A lot of people always mention I have a great personality so whatever it is that makes my personality so "great" would be a nice thing to be remembered by.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I would like to be remembered for being obsessed with Naoi Ayato and Kyueby ;)

I'm not sure of what I would like to be remembered for because I don't think I have done anything that would be memorable here.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    For my love of music/anime/manga I guess. Not really sure what else to be honest...

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I'd like to be remembered as that one guy who was accepting of others and didn't judge people. So every day I try to live up to that expectation of myself. ^__^

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    My comics.

That is all. Really.

I mean I COULD say being a good friend and stuff but screw it, I can't get along with everyone, so someone will always be bound to hate my guts. But if I can get all people to find something appealing in my comics then I would consider myself successful.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I would like to be remembered for my nice calm personality to my friends and family, but also my inside wrath I can have at times.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    It's no doubt we're all going to die at one point.
    Some people would disagree with you on that one.

In terms of remembrance, there's nothing that I've done so far that I can see myself being remembered for. On a purely materialistic level, I'd like to have a hand in creating memorable pieces of cinema, television and/or theatre... but that's probably not going to happen. On a more emotional level, I guess I'd like to be remembered amongst my friends as being a kind, honest and relaxed friend. Nothing much, really.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    I'd want to be remembered as a lighthearted, friendly, and just generally fun-loving person I guess since I think that's what I am offline. Idk how I come across online, but if it's not them, then the online me doesn't reflect the offline me. Although I can be withdrawn at points (not something I want to be remembered for lol), that doesn't really stop me from being a pretty approachable guy and that'd be a nice thing for people to think of. ^^

I suppose it'd also be nice to be remembered as a hard worker in what I enjoy. I love sports and end up working myself to stupid levels sometimes simply for the love of it. Same with art and music; it's not unusual to find me in the art rooms or studio at silly times in school just getting work done because I really enjoy what I do and I'm absolutely proud of that. Definitely something I'd like people to remember me by. I don't care if I'm the art nerd or whatever lol, I take that title with pride.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    After thinking about it some, I can honestly say that I... don't know.

I guess I can't pick between a handful of things. I'd like to be remembered for being a musician who made cool arrangements of video game tunes, for being a gamer with a special talent for improvising competitive level tactics, for being a great roleplayer that had my priorities straight, for being someone who struggled with my own lack of understanding of the social world and overcame it, for standing up for myself and for my beliefs even when I hated every second of it, for my philosophy (Though at this point and time, I can't even imagine that happening), and for being myself.

Mostly, I'd just like to be remembered for something at all. That'd be nice.

Back