• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What you like doing in Pokémon X & Y that others might think is a waste of time

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
  • what are some things you like to do in Pokémon X & Y that other people might think is a waste of time?

me, I like to make regular visits to the Pokémon Village and talk to the Pokémon there. All you'll hear is their cry, but I like how the trainer bends down to talk to them (or whatever he/she does)

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    Dunno if it's a tolerable answer but, i do haunt for shinies...It may seem that everyone does it, but with this not so new pokechecker shinies, well....

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Maybe.... somethings that come to mind, which I do a lot:

• Spend hours on Pokemon Amie (play with Pokemon even if they have max affection)
    • I battle every wild Pokemon I encounter (except when rushing to Pokemon Center)
    • I battle every trainer in a gym (even the ones that can be skipped)
    • talk to Pokemon in Lumiose City or at the gates (it seems fun to do - I talk a lot to Espurr by gate that leads to rt. 16)
    • talk to every person I meet, in all buildings (some I do forget and talk to again)
    • don't know why, I like roller skating around Lumiose City (it's just fun to do, at least for me it is - and I just have to greet Litleo every time I pass by it)

maybe the above reasons I'm passed 200 hour mark in my game, and only have 7 badges.
    justinrpg - I love when our player bends down to interact with the Pokemon

Last edited:

AKPorcupine

Yes, Follow the Light...
    Years
  • Well, I really only train Poke's I actually like. It seems in this age of IVs and meta-gaming, all people do is make perfect powerful poke'mon. But I just want a really cool looking/loving team.

Years
  • Pokemon breeding to the point I've received 3 shinies. I'm pretty sure the Daycare Man hates my face by now. I also spend a lot of time trying to "big smile" and failing in Pokemon Amie. :)

Pinta77

I do this on every pokemon game. Sometimes, I'll just turn on my game and go through all my boxes and make sure all my pokemon are there.

icelovebunnies9

Ghastly Dragon
    Years
  • Well, I always talk to everyone I meet, no matter what. I always do that in my games. It's a bit of a habit now. ^^ I also use Pokemon Amie for max affection, but only with Pokemon that I use often in my team. I also head to the Loto-ID Lottery everyday and try my luck. Last, I train and evolve Pokemon that I need for my Dex. I know that you could just trade, but I like doing this for some reason. ._.

Pumpkaboo

Peek-a-boo
    Years
  • Pokemon amie when your affection is already maxed. There's no point to it when you get that far, but I do it anyway.

braixen

the supreme meme
    Years
  • i like collecting the items in pokemon amie and playing the mini games for hours. talking to everyone in towns. not much else i guess.

Sonatron

Face of Rubber
    Years
  • I spend ridiculous amounts of time in Pokémon Amie, even if they have max affection XD I just love it~

Years
  • Breeding pokemon with 6 perfect IV's (and hoping every time an egg hatches it will be shiny + perfect :D)

Further I enjoy the wondertrade and will check the lottery daily :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I spend ages on the "give ___ a nickname?" screen every time, as if it's permanent and I can never change their names again.

I also like to Fly around to every boutique and buy all the clothes. Then I'll go into a change room and try everything on, matching new things with the old and trying out every combination, then probably leave with the same outfit I had on.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I open up my Pokédex every once in a while and listen to Pokémon's cries, but I'm not exactly sure why. xD It's a great way to kill time, and have become one of my habits since generation three. I play around with my Pokémon in Amie, too. Some may find this feature to be a bit redundant, but I really like it—it's great to see all the expressions that a Pokémon makes when interacting with it. Other than these two, I also spend time exploring few locations, just to see if there are any hidden secrets or something. I know there aren't—if there were, then we all would've known about them already… but still.

Back