• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What'cha listening to? (v.2) - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Welcome, everyone, to the second edition of the 'What are you listening to' thread. The old one was getting a little bit cumbersome and, since it has a (hopefully) permanent home here in Culture & Media, I feel it appropriate to explain a few things.

There's always been a slight flux about where this thread should be. It's all to do with music, so Culture and Media seems a natural fit; however, people have a tendency to use this simply as a dump for information and treat it like a thread in Other Trivia, hence its inclusion there for a number of months.

Nick and I discussed moving the old thread here a few months back, and I expressed my concerns that people would just treat the thread the same here as they did in OT, but hoped I'd be able to deal with it. As many people will remember from the old thread, lots of messages were deleted by me with the phrase that will probably be on my PC epitaph: NO LISTING RULE!

For those unfamiliar with the NO LISTING RULE!, it is described in detail below:

Culture & Media Rules said:
    3) Provide evidence in posts that ask of your opinions: If a thread asks what your favourite 'anything' is, it is implicit in the question that you give some form of reasoning as to why. Discussion can never be facilitated if everyone answered relatively monosyllabically. Also known as the NO LISTING RULE!

To help provide an incentive for people to use this thread properly, I WILL NOW BE INFRACTING EVERYONE who breaks this rule in this thread. This is everyone's final warning so... follow it, mmkay?

---

And on that happy note, what is everyone listening to? :D

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
    yay new thread yay

Listening to: Go Away by 2NE1
    My favourite part of the song is the second verse: I'm amazed by CL's rapping skills. I hope Teddy keeps producing music for them since he's such a great composer. I'm so excited for their American debut with will.i.am from The Black Eyed Peas though they're currently debuting in Japan so I believe they won't be coming to America for a while.

Years
    On a suggestion I'm listening to On The Backs Of Angels by Dream Theater. I'm not a big metal fan, but this is better than most metal I've heard (i.e., it's not a bunch of screaming and ear-bleeding sounds) so maybe it'll find a home in my music library.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Currently, Don't Start a Band by Reel Big Fish.

I love Reel Big Fish, and are one of the reasons why I'd like to start a band. This song is so pessimistic, I purposefully listen to it just so I can't follow my dream. Also to remind me I can't actually sing, but still keeps me happy, as dreams are there to look to, but not achieve. Odd reason, but it's true.

River

Ninjah Penguin <3
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Sep 16, 2011
    I'm listening to Hold My Hand by Michael Jackson, featuring Akon. I love this song so much because of the overall theme it has, that everyone can be friends if they just put their differences aside and reach out to one another. <3

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I am listening to Miss You by Foster The People. I don't quite know the meaning behind it, but when I heard the song, the music itself really caught my attention. I just can't take it off of repeat. XD

Gabri

m8
    Years
    Megadeth - "Public Enemy No.1"

This song is the first single for the upcoming album, "TH1RT3EN". It was released yesterday and it's already stuck on my head.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    M83's upcoming album Hurry Up, We're Dreaming which recently leaked. I know I'll be buying it when it's released, it's an amazing album.

M83 are one of those bands that can't really be genre-tagged, and hop between styles all the time, but they're rooted in electronic/ambient and shoegaze, so if you like either of those thennnn check them out!!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Writing On the Walls - Underoath
    Define the Great Line (2006)

This ground we tread upon, we turn the pages left to right.

Used to be my favorite band back in 10th grade. Thought I'd listen to them again today. Not a bad band. I'd recommend it. It's a lot of screaming...screaming with intricate meaning, though.

Spoiler:

Arma

The Hyena
    Years

I haven't heard this song in ages... I used to listen to this so much when I was little.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
    Patterns in the Ivy II by Opeth.

I've loved Opeth since I was introduced to them last year. Patterns in the Ivy II was the one of the only songs by them I didn't have, but when I learned of its existence I downloaded less-than-instantly. It is really good, no screaming or choppy, heavy guitar. (Not that I don't love that stuff too) Just singing and acoustic guitar.

Guest123_x1

Only The Lonely by Roy Orbison (1960). I feel lonely at times, and the lyrics go along with my situation.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Lose Yourself - Eminem

All of a sudden I really like Eminem. Probably because my life is slowly pooping in my face and I enjoy the rebellious optimism that he raps about.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Hanging On - Active Child
    You Are All I See (2011)

I just can't keep hanging on to you and me.

I think it's fair to say I'm a bit addicted to this song. It makes me a little sad, but kind of relaxed. It's odd. Just sends my thoughts whirring in my head. Then it's over and I can't remember what I just thought about.

Spoiler:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    "Respira" by Luis Fonsi.
    Yes, I listen to music in Spanish. The title means "Breathe." The meaning behind it is that no matter how much pain and suffering you go through, you can always make it through as long as you can still breathe.
    Lyrics:
    Spoiler:

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    it feels wrong not being the first poster in this thread wrong i tell you

I love the slow intro breaking into the 80's beat, best part of the song. Well, that or the first chorus omg

Dartht33bagger

Only plays Gen I and II
    Years
    I'm listening to the entire Across the Dark album by Insonmium. One of the best (if not THE BEST) melodic death metal bands in the world.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back