• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What'cha listening to? (v.2) - READ FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years

Our Love Has Made Us Pariahs by Empire! Empire! (I Was a Lonely Estate)

Only recently discovered this band. Although on some of their tracks the vocals get a little annoying, all round they are amazing. The instrumentation is perfect, the vocals are calm, it's great. This is by far their best song, and it's quickly becoming one of my favourites.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Hanging On - Active Child
    You Are All I See (2011)
    Nice choice

Our Love Has Made Us Pariahs by Empire! Empire! (I Was a Lonely Estate)
    Nice choice too. There was a thread about these kinds of bands on another forum I go to, so these are other people's recommendations. I'm not so big on it myself.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFV3RxsuWc0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-d9br31gJE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr974RuKMhA

As for me I'm listening to This Is The Kit's album Wriggle Out The Restless, after I heard them on Guy Garvey's radio show. Simple folk, but with a really nice female vocalist.

moments.

quixotic
    Years

I've been really into ambient music as of late, and I found an artist on deviantart who includes the music artists he listened to for inspiration while creating a piece, and Delerium was one of them. Love these slow, mellow, beautifully composed songs! They are so refreshing, especially as an escape from the dance music that seems to flood the radio nowadays!
    Very nice to wind down to at night as well!

Years
    Hanging On - Active Child
    You Are All I See (2011)
    This is strange and different and I like it.

I'm listening to covers of Moonlight Shadow. I've always loved that song. The original (Mike Oldfield and Maggie Reilly) version is the best, I think, but I'm really enjoying the cover by Kokia I heard just yesterday.

Spoiler:

Her

Years
    • Seen today

...I'm so ashamed of myself for liking this, lol. Someone kill me now.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    ELECTRIC LOVE ~ Miku Hatsune.
    Such a catchy song. I can't even describe how happy it makes me. :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    More Than A Feeling - Boston

It's an amazing song, never EVER fails to make everything feel just that little bit more epic, and has the best solo ever!

Years
    Nice choice too. There was a thread about these kinds of bands on another forum I go to, so these are other people's recommendations. I'm not so big on it myself.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFV3RxsuWc0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-d9br31gJE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr974RuKMhA
    That song you recommended by Owltian Mia is really good, though I listened to some of their other stuff and it wasn't really my style. I really liked that one song though :)

Eyjafjallajokull Dance had some good parts but the keyboard/synth part kind of ruined it for me.

Prawn, again, had a couple of good aspects but the vocals really threw me off. That and it had a real pop-punk sort of vibe about it, so that too.

wrist slashing music

Giles Corey self titled.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-V2EdAURPg
    Dark, atmospheric, nice vocals, post-rock/folk.
    This was really good, I've been searching for his album for the past half an hour (I can only find four tracks at the moment). Really nice music though, thanks for posting this.

Nectarine by Twin Sister

I was going to fly across to Vancouver to see them play with Explosions In The Sky yesterday but I didn't end up having the money to get across from Australia. It's a real shame, it would have been an awesome concert. Not so sure of their new stuff (it might grow on me, but right now I don't really like it), but this song is still getting high rotation.

Her

Years
    • Seen today

ABBA <3 One of my favorite songs from, I can sing all the lyrics off by heart, lol.
    ah, but girl, you're only a child

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Where U At - 태양
    Solar (2011)

I don't even know your name, girl.

I'm looking more into the Solar album, since I enjoyed Wedding Dress so much. I personally like Taeyang better as a solo artist than with BIGBANG. Sorry if you see this, Zarzar. lol

Spoiler:

Last edited:

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    After reading the rules two timesXD
    I'm listening Zoe's album Música de Fondo. Zoe's a mexican Rock Band and this disc comes from the MTV Unplugged of the band.
    Their music is a mix of Alternative Rock and Indie Rock. I'm listening this album because one of the songs called "Soñé," got into my head and I was trying to play it on my guitar.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years

Foster the People - Helena Beat

Love this song and the album in general. Just got the album yesterday and already fell in love. The amazing beat is awesome! Can't stop listening to it!

Her

Years
    • Seen today

I'm not the biggest fan of Robbie Williams (mainly because of his last album, Reality Killed The Video Star), but I love this song, especially the chorus.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I'm listening to Man Made Disaster by Betraying The Martyrs. I've been listening to it since last night, and I love this song. And this band. :D They're a christian band from France and they're so awesome! I've got the clean vocals remembered, but I can't do that with the screams. Nope. :3c They're a bit too fast for me, especially when the vocalist does those amazing growls that make some words inaudible for me. :T

I mean, Attila has a vocalist that screams crazy-fast, but I can't keep up with these guys for some reason. D;

[ythd]v/Ykuf11YkmHo[/ythd]

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    What's My Age Again? - Blink-182
    Enema of the State (1999)

Nobody likes you when you're 23.

I listened to this a lot my senior year of high school lol. Gives me a good laugh.

Spoiler:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Katy B - Witches Brew; I love this song, and as Halloween is coming up soon, I'll be listening to this a lot more. :3 I can tell this'll get more popular during Halloween. (In the UK at least)

You and Me - Lifehouse
    ; I don't know why, but I just enjoy listening to meaningful love songs like these, they're always just amazing, including this one.

Demi Lovato - World Of Chances; Another amazing song, same reasons for above really. xD;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back