• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen What'd you name your rival?

Candace

Beauty Trainer
    Years
    I named mine Blue the first time I played Blue.

And I named him "douche" in another game. See the "Supereffective" comic on VGCats, it provides a bit of humor regarding this.

https://www.vgcats.com/super/?strip_id=1

LOL XDDD That's hilarious <3 I also remember when I was like 10 "Why wouldn't he remember his own grandson's name? Why'd he expect someone not related to him to recall him? Is he that senile?"

I know many who believed the rival's name to be ASH, if they played Blue. Since that was the counter choice to Red's GARY - and then got PO'd when seeing the anime. I still have friends today who say the anime is complete bullsh*t because of this xD

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    O.o
    It's embarassing now, but when I started my game in yellow, I named myself Trunks and him Freezer (at that time Dragonball Z was very popular)
    Hahaha, but I just can't begin a new game, because I have a full Pokedex and very strong ones...

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I used to name my rival BJ as he was my ol' childhood "rival" of sorts. XD Pretty much every game as well.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Red: ONIONS
    Blue: Shigeru
    Yellow: Okay, I forgot that one. I'd check but...
    Gold: Octopus
    Silver: ASS
    Crystal: Ummm...I don't remember this one. :/

My friend had a rival named ThatFag on his Yellow that someone gave him. My friend didn't name himm, he just kept the file that was already there.

Grimdour

Sleepsleepysleepy~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2009
    FireRed: Gary
    Diamond: Paul

I prefer proper names, though I did name one of my rivals Dick.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2009
    I named him "???" because I Literary thought it was asking me what I saw his name was I guess I get confused too easy.

KiraIchigo

Death is only the begining
    Years
    IN G/S/C i thought his name was Rival so I named him Rival(I was 8). Then it always turned out to be "Rival Rival Would Like To Battle"

Now on all the new ones I call him Travis or Nick

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2008
    whenever i play, i name the characters the same as the manga, except sapphire's name is too long >.>

i also hate how the female character's name in DP is dawn

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    He told me his name was "???", so I gave that name to the fuzz.

I really didn't know you could make it be anything you want.

:) Me too. But that was when I was six years old. If you did it when you were older than six, you have no excuse.

Back