• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Whatever happened to the old characters

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I was thinking about this, but the anime should bring back some old characters ocassionally, like Snapp, Mikey, Misty or Gary...
    They mention some characters once in episodes, we never hear from them again XD

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    They've brought back Misty quite a few times
    Spoiler:

Who is Mikey?

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Eh, the little kid with the Eevee in "The Battling Eevee Brothers".

Also, Todd did come back a few times, although he hasn't appeared since Johto. Not to mention Gary actually appears in the D/P saga in a later episode which will come out four weeks from now.

ChrisG14

I'm back baby!
    Years
  • According to a new Japanese episode title and the new Pokemon Snap game for the Wii, we may actually see Todd again. Everyone else we will see again, they're just not apart of the main cast.

But Mikey is a character of the day from 10 years ago, so we'll never see him again.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • I know how you feel. I really want to see Misty again. Dawn is okay...but Misty was my favorite. I still don't like the episodes since she's left as much. :(

Years
  • I don't watch Pokémon way much, but sometimes I do and I notice the new charas and want the old ones back.
    What about this guy... Um what was his name? In the Indigo League he was the last opponent who fought against Ash. He also had a Pikachu as his starter Pokemon, I guess.

Years
  • Oh yea, Richie, I knew the name but couldn't remember it xD

Lol I liked him a lot, maybe even better than Ash. (Actually I think all characters are better than Ash, but well...)
    So he has never appeared on an episode again? How sad..>_<

Spoiler:

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • He never appeared anymore in the series, but he did appear in Pokémon Chronicles, which is sort of a series of specials. It was just for one episode even then, sadly.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    He never appeared anymore in the series, but he did appear in Pokémon Chronicles, which is sort of a series of specials. It was just for one episode even then, sadly.

He appeared in Master Quest for all the Lugia episodes as well. Sparky appeared at the very end of Hi Ho Silver...Away! and Richie was in the following episodes The Mystery is History!; A Parent Trapped! and A Promise is a Promise. Which makes it seem really weird as to why he wasn't in the Johto league

I don't mind though, I didn't like him much.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • He appeared in Master Quest for all the Lugia episodes as well. Sparky appeared at the very end of Hi Ho Silver...Away! and Richie was in the following episodes The Mystery is History!; A Parent Trapped! and A Promise is a Promise. Which makes it seem really weird as to why he wasn't in the Johto league

*headdesk*

How I forgot the Whirl Islands arc where Richie appeared, is way beyond me. *dies*

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    *revives STEELIXMANIAC* Nuu~! We still need you at PFU!

I'm still waiting for a reappearance from A.J., the kid with the all-mighty Sandshrew. He needs to return, along with a few others from the early days of Kanto. It was a real shame that while in Kanto during "Battle Frontier", there was no real sense of continuity.

Morrison, a rival from the Hoenn League, had a personality that was better than the League rivals that came before him. I would like to see him return, along with Tyson and Harrison, but that's only because I like them more than than anyone on the main cast, and because I have a theory surrounding them.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
    Years
  • Misty did reappear in the Hoenn Saga like for 4 episodes..

Gary is shown in the end of Battle Frontier. He is also shown in D/P Saga.

Wonder what happened to Richie.

Also Misty was in Chronicles in most of the episodes.

Kenta/Gold was in the first three episodes of Chronicles.

Harrison, I would like to see how powerful he became and replace Ash :D.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
    Years
  • Hanako Tabris said:
    *revives STEELIXMANIAC* Nuu~! We still need you at PFU!
    *is revived* Uh, I live?

I also want A.J. to return. He's one trainer who could pose a challenge to Ash. I wonder if his Sandshrew evolved yet... *wonders*

In Sinnoh, we can likely expect... some new rivals in the same vein as Harrison and Tyson. Maybe that new guy's name is Thompson or Johnson. XD

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • He appeared in Master Quest for all the Lugia episodes as well. Sparky appeared at the very end of Hi Ho Silver...Away! and Richie was in the following episodes The Mystery is History!; A Parent Trapped! and A Promise is a Promise. Which makes it seem really weird as to why he wasn't in the Johto league

Yep. I liked Sparky. He's cool. xD I nicknamed one of my Pikachu's after him.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    I miss both Richie and Casey.

I don't know why everbody hates Richie. I thought he was really awesome, he caused Ash to experience his first major loss which helped him in turn, to develop and grow a little bit. He had some dorky names for his Pokemon(Happy the Butterfree..) but that was what made him kinda cute. Sparky was adorable too.

Casey was so energetic and Hyper! I just loved her enthusiasm.

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    Do you know what the episodes were called? And are they on Youtube? :D

Misty actually makes a lot of appearances after she leaves and she gets a cool new outfit too! The Hoen ones are called:

Episode 320: "The Princess and the Togepi"
    Episode 321: "A Togepi Mirage"

The specials that Misty appear in are called:

Chronicles Episode 6: "Cerulean Blue"
    Chronicles Episode 11: "A Date with Delcatty
    Chronicles Episode 16: "Luvdisc is the most Splendored thing"

If you'd like, I could send you a link to a blog that has almost every episode up for download.

Back