• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's with the hate towards Flareon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
  • I see Pokémon pages on Facebook and other boards posting A LOT of hate towards Flareon and making fun of it. some say it is good for nothing! WTF? why is there SO MUCH hate towards Flareon? I personally don't like it as it gets on my nerves when people bash my favorite Pokémons... Flareon is my favorite eeveelution and also Jolteon and Sylveon but you DON'T see hate towards those...

I like F Flareon x M Jolteon shipping and only Flareon gets hate on everything. people bash that because it has Flareon in it...

why????????

zdude18

Lone Wolf
    Years
  • it has a relatively weak movepool and the worst stats of most eeveelutions. it is easily beaten by other fire types for what its niche is.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    The hate for Flareon is a lot like the hate for many other Pokemon: they just aren't suited for competitive battling. It even happens to typing, such as the grass type because (many of them) aren't good battling material competitively.

I personally adore Flareon like the other eeveelutions. But the thing is I love it's design more than anything. Sure, it's not great in battle but when it came to favorites that have never mattered to me. Alas, it matters to a lot of people these days as competitively battling continues to grow in the Pokemon fandom.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Its moveset doesn't cater for its stats at all, especially considering that its highest attacking stat is physical attack, and it only has about 2 physical STAB moves, those being Flame Charge and Fire Fang..most of its STAB Fire-type moves are Special, too.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2016
    All the 1st generation Eeveelutions are garbage.

I'd very much like to hear some arguments here. Jolteon has over 100 Special Attack making him capable of OHKOing many Pokemon with his Thunderbolt and you should note that electric type has not many weaknesses (that is: one). Moreover, Jolteon has 130 speed. He may not be too resistant, but a 525 stat total kicks the butts.

Vaporeon is very durable and has high Special Attack too. Ice beam and Surf and he can do much. That's not alike any garbage I've seen.

Flareon has 130 attack. Come on! Machamp has 130 Attack. Dragonite has 134. Freaking difference. COME ON!
    Also Flareon has 110 Special Defence. Sunny Day makes him anti-water fire Pokemon (in I-III gen at least). In generations IV and over he can use his fire-type stab with his 130 attack.

I really don't get this arguments of yours. Flareon is hated because of his low Defense and not much HP and that's because you need to be a good player to overcome such cons of a Pokemon and you rarely see one. Poor movepool is a challange, not a disadvantage. Get your facts straight.

I just can't stand people hating Pokemon for them being weak in any way. And it's just too often that they do.

Last edited:

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • I'd very much like to hear some arguments here. Jolteon has over 100 Special Attack making him capable of OHKOing many Pokemon with his Thunderbolt and you should note that electric type has not many weaknesses (that is: one). Moreover, Jolteon has 130 speed. He may not be too resistant, but a 525 stat total kicks the butts.

Vaporeon is very durable and has high Special Attack too. Ice beam and Surf and he can do much. That's not alike any garbage I've seen.

Flareon has 130 attack. Come on! Machamp has 130 Attack. Dragonite has 134. Freaking difference. COME ON!
    Also Flareon has 110 Special Defence. Sunny Day makes him anti-water fire Pokemon (in I-III gen at least). In generations IV and over he can use his fire-type stab with his 130 attack.

I really don't get this arguments of yours. Flareon is hated because of his low Defense and not much HP and that's because you need to be a good player to overcome such cons of a Pokemon and you rarely see one. Poor movepool is a challange, not a disadvantage. Get your facts straight.

I just can't stand people hating Pokemon for them being weak in any way. And it's just too often that they do.

I wasn't making an argument. I was making a statement.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2016
    Yes and I was asking for arguments.

By 'an argument' I meant this thread, not what you said.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2016
    Well, my bad for such an unfortunate choice of words. Asking isn't wrong, I simply meant I don't get the whole hatred alone, despite I know why it exists. I pretty much lost control because of the mindless post about my favourite eeveelutions being compared to crap.

I myself like Flareon too, though he's not my favourite. It was my first 100 lvl Pokemon ever, so I can say I'm kinda sentimental towards it.

Sirfetch’d

Honestly just blame GF because they made Flareon so bad by giving it a shallow movepool. Its a great looking Pokemon and it's a shame that it does get all the hate, but GF never expanded on it's potential.

zdude18

Lone Wolf
    Years
  • whoa whoa whoa, a fully invested jolteon is the fastest pokemon which makes it easy to be a good special sweeper. vaporeon, has good defensive stats making it an exceptional wall. flareon, does not have good moves to go with its high attack.

Years
  • whoa whoa whoa, a fully invested jolteon is the fastest pokemon which makes it easy to be a good special sweeper. vaporeon, has good defensive stats making it an exceptional wall. flareon, does not have good moves to go with its high attack.

Basically what he said.

While Flareon's Attack stat looks very tempting, the problem with it is most of its Fire attacks are special-based meaning they feed off its much weaker attacking stat. The only physical Fire moves it gets are Fire Fang and Flame Charge, which have pretty weak base power.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • His movepool doesn't do justice to his stats and his typing, that's why Flareon is the most hated in all of the Eeveelutions :C

I myself, I like Flareon design-wise. But for battling, he's bad in competitive, but in casual he's alright.

Flareon is a nice looking Pokemon :)

JesterLegacy

Random Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    Probably due to the reason that its movepool doesn't really support its stats. Its highest base stat is its atk, yet the only reliable STAB atk move it learns is Fire Fang....But still, with a proper approach, it COULD be useful. Personally, I don't find it useless or hate it. I just don't really like using fire-types....

Years
  • As most of people said, Flareon has a lot of Attack, but doesn't have much moves that do physical fire damage.

Personally I like Flareon, mostly because it's looks and, I like every eeveelution overally.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
    Years
  • I don't get why people would waste the time to make a Facebook page about making fun of Flareon. Some I guess just don't have anything better to do with their lives besides criticize a cartoon character.

Speaking of Flareon, you can use items on it and teach it moves to increase its power. I don't see why people take the time to hate Flareon when they have the tools to improve him.

My Flareon knew Quick Attack, Smog, Flamethrower and Fire Spin (Fire Blast maybe?) and won me alot of battles. He's not as useless as some think.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Are you talking about me when you say this thread????? I was the one who said I didn't like it because Flareon is my favorite Eeveelution mind you!! me creating this thread and asking why the hate is NOT an argument!!!
    I think you just misunderstood each other here. No one means to start a fight.

I think many valid arguments have been repeated a few times here now, but I'll still leave the thread open if someone thinks they have something to add. In nice tones, of course.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back