• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite new pokemon? thoughts on DLC/speculation?

Empoleon671

不要
Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    as someone who greatly disliked SwSh, im really glad Scarlet almost revitalized my love for this franchise.

Glimmora is hands down my favorite this gen, a weird alien floating flower thing? sign me up.

edit: absolutely ecstatic about the dlc and returning pokemon. as someone who really wants to use empoleon in every game, i get to finally have one in Scarlet. in fact i have a bunch of shiny piplups in home rn, that i might just hand out when it drops haha

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • Greavard was an instant favorite and I trekked all around Paldea to get one, IIRC before I fought Brassius, who I assumed was the first Gym Leader.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • I love Lokix. This bug is a walking Kamen Rider reference and I like Kamen Rider quite a bit.

Years
  • I'm getting a Deja Vu answering this, but I'll answer anyway.

The cat starter line as a whole, which is now tied for my favorite Grass starter, is easily in the top spot.

Espathra, Farigiraf & Chien-Pao are really high up there for this gen too.

I haven't looked at the DLC too much yet, but the turtle legendary from the announcement looked good. The others were kinda meh looking.

Years
  • Tinkaton has the distinction of being the SECOND fairy type i actually like. Pass that i actually love its design and concept. Just a little guy smashin with GIANT HAMMAH
    edit: Ill be real, that dlc reveal didnt show anything that new or groundbreaking so my opinion remains unchanged

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    Oh Kinggambit for sure! Once I saw that Bisharp got an evolution, I instantly fell in love with it. I really love its ability. I'm also a huge fan of his play style. When you lost a lot of Pokemon in your party, you switch him in and Sucker Punch everything. Can't beat that

stringzzz

Banned
    Days
  • I really feel like this Gen was a great gift to ghost fans, for these 3 reasons:

1. Ceruledge: Slap on a Choice Scarf and it makes a great lead. Also, in-game it is a ridiculous beast, almost making things too easy. Plus, it just looks cool!

2. Annihilape: Love the story, having a Primeape that was so full of rage it basically died, but its rage carried it into the afterlife, unable to be contained. Also, it's bulky competitive setup is awesome, I've managed to sweep someone's team with this to the point that my opponent resigned after sending out their last poke, lol.

3. Gholdengo: Couldn't possibly have asked for anything better for Pokemon #1000, its story, its ability, so awesome! Not to mention, not sure if anyone else noticed this, but you know how if you have a non-water Pokemon sent out while on the water, and it goes on top of a floaty? Gholdengo gets a special case of this:
    Spoiler:
    How cool is that?

Days
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    My favourite Pokemon in this generation would have to be Tinkaton. I named mine "Amychao" just because she looked like the Chao in Sonic.

As for DLC... I really hope a lot of gen 4 Pokemon are in it. I hate breeding in that game.

Days
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Mine? I dunno but annihilape just sound so awesome and is so op as a whole, I just love the idea of the Pokémon and how it looks so badass so it's my fav this gen. Baxcalibur has the coolest name but it just does not look nearly as cool and is an ice type, ice types are total garbage defensively and stuff, though some still looks cool.

Years
  • SV had some really top tier designs. I'm a huge fan of Tinkaton, Sprigatito, Glimmora, Armarouge and Ceruledge, the Pawmi line, the Paldean Wooper line, Toedscool is hilarious, Finizen/Palafin are super cute, and ahhh Scream Tail is the best too. Lots to love here and I think they did a good job designing things, especially on the Scarlet side with its paradox exclusives.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Meowscarada, Baxcalibur, Veluza, Glimmora, Espathra, Kilowattrell, Pawmot, Flamigo, and Flutter Mane are some new Pokémon that I have really grown to like. I will update and provide some reasons when I get time.

Years
    • Seen today
    My favorites so far are Arboliva, Espathra and Bombirdier. Even though Ghost is my favorite type none of my favorites from this gen are ghosts.

Back