• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite part of Pokémon?

shellysunfish

Hoenn and cat Pokemon fangirl
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2019
    I'm favorite part is the main series games.
    I like to explore and see new Pokemon.

Years
    I think my favorite part would have to be the exploration aspect of the games.
    I know it seems odd, but I'm not all that into battles. One of my favorite things to fo is explore the world and Pokemon paints such a wonderful and fun world that I really do want to go and see, possibly live for like ever.

Though of course the cloest thing I got to that is the games, so I take what I can get.
    The aniem of course does a brilliant job at fleshing out the world and making it seem awesome, so that plays a big role in why I love exploring in the games so much.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2018
    I also have to go with the games for many reasons that I feel have been covered by other commenters already.

A close second is the manga though! Specifically, Pokémon Special, I've always been big on comics and anime, so I transitioned perfectly into manga once I knew what was up, and Pokémon Special certainly never disappointed, and managed to illustrate a world more in accordance to my personal vision as an adult more than the anime ever did with me as a child.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2018
    Not gonna lie, sticking to solely the games is probably going to get old for me at some point, so I'm thinking about perhaps either collecting the merchandise or start collecting the TCG again at some point, but I'm undecided, so we'll see.

You should consider checking out the Pokémon TCG Online, it really got me back into the TVG, unfortunately I don't have anyone to play against IRL so I stick to the game instead of buying a deck, but it's still cool and you get to play against people online anyways.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
    probably the games, mostly ROM hacks.
    I also like the old anime, for some weird reason.
    I don't like the merchandise (very expensive imo)

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    For me, it's the main series games. I find the strategy aspect of competitive battling very fun, and I love the adventuring feel, as you travel across the world. And also the Adventures manga, just for the sheer enjoyability they added to games with relatively sparse plots, normally.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    I think it has to be the TCG for me, you just cant beat the feeling of opening up a booster pack! I am massive fan of the video games too though which come a very close second.

Underi

Palkia Addict
    Years
    The games. My all time favorite is Pearl version. Oh man it was amazing feeling to finally catch a legendary. The Palkia! After that, I just ran around defeating every wild pokemon with my lovely Palkia! <3 Until I lost my pearl version and bought Diamond version from my friend.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
    just the general aspect of being friends with the other living and breathing creatures that live on your planet

i like how it tries to motivate us to be friendly to the other specie
    and even to become ''friends'' with them

that they are not scary and they also deserve our respect

but besides that i really like the games and anime
    always watched it when i was a younger kiddo​

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
    I'd have to choose the games, easily. The single player aspect is fun, but I enjoy the social aspect more. When online trading and battling was introduced in Diamond/Pearl, it allowed players from all over the world to come together and enjoy the Pokemon adventure together.

Back