• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite Pokemon type?

What's your favorite type?

• Total voters

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Fire type is the best type but I also like Steel type since a lot of steel types are cool. Dark types are great as well but my most favorite really is Fire Types.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Water types, they have the most overall use in the games and in competitive play.

rom hunter

tongue-tied
Years
Wow my favorite type is the second best (just when I voted) in poll results. Thank you guys for voting dark type. Dark type has always been my favorite. Second comes steel. I don't know exactly why dark's my favorite but more probably because they were the latest addition (until most recent fairy type) to the pokemon types and were unique because of their immunities. Also dark type pokemon are usually cooler (Mightyena, Absol, Darkrai, Houndoom and many more). Even my most favorite pokemon (guess who???) happens to be dark type one.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
It is hard for me just to choose one. My favorite types are Dragon, Dark, Fighting, Ice, and Flying. These are my favorite types of all time. Fighting probably slightly passes the rest though.

Years
Unfortunately, I'm going to be unoriginal here and pick Water as my favorite type. There are so many beautiful ocean Pokemon in the series, and they all have their own niches to set themselves apart. I love using a different one each time I play through a game. As well as always looking nice aesthetically, most water types have highly favorable stats, usually in the bulk category. Not only, though. There are several extremely effective offensive Water pokemon - hence, the prosperity of Rain teams in competitive battling.

Honorable mentions include Dark and Grass. Most Dark pokemon appeal to my general preference of swift, nimble, aggressive Pokemon with low defense but high attack. That's mainly for recreational gaming, though, as the type isn't as useful when it comes to the competitive aspect of Pokemon. Grass is an adorable type, filled with cute designs and helpful support moves. How could anyone not want to hug a Whimsicott? :]

Years
Whoops, I like more than half the existing types. (Fire, Water, Flying, Psychic, Ice, Dragon, Dark, Fairy, Ghost, and Steel.) However, if I have to go with one type, it'd have to be Steel. Although I tend to follow an "offense is the best defense" strategy when playing Pokemon, I really enjoy the number of resistances Steel types have. Many can take quite a few hits before falling, but there are still plenty of offensive ones that can hit hard and give people trouble. Furthermore, I like most of the Steel type Pokemon and have used/plan to use a majority.

Back