• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite Pokemon type?

What's your favorite type?

• Total voters
Years
My most favorite type is fire type, because fire is my most favorite element, also fire attacks are really strong. My #1 Pokemon is a fire type (Vulpix <3)
My second favorite would be psychic, mostly because of attacks and power ups. My favorite powerup is Calm Mind.

リザードン☆

Charizard evolved into..
Years
My favourite type would be Ghost ever since the days of Red & Blue with Gengar :]
Fire type comes second because of Charizard (my favourite Pokémon)
Third would be Grass solely based on my favourite colour being Green.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
I'd have to say Dragon-Type would be my favorite type because they have a large move pool.

Years
There are quite a few I like, and this keeps changing, but I picked Fire, Electric, Ice, Dragon and Ground.

Fire and Electric because I like the elemental powers they have to offer. Fire has some strong physical attackers like Darmanitan and Blaziken, and as of recent, Mega Charizard X. :D Houndoom is pretty awesome too, even though that's not physical per se. Same with Volcarona and Chandelure. Electric-types are cool as well, Magnezone, Jolteon, Lanturn and (Mega) Ampharos. Good stuff.

Ice for its strong offensive power and the fact that it inflicts super-effective damage on a lot of common types. Same with Ground for Earthquake.

Dragon for its plethora of amazing Pokémon like Garchomp, Hydreigon and Dragonite. Many of them have solid designs and they're really cool to use, even with the nerf from Fairy-types.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I reckon my favourite typing of all time would probably be the Flying type. There isn't really much of a specific reason, other than the fact that a lot of my favourite Pokemon are Flying types (Pidgey of course, as well as most of all the other starter birds, Lugia, the legendary birds, etc... Pretty much all birds haha), and the fact that there's always a spot in my party reserved for one. They're usually not all that strong, but they can still be a good addition. I mean look at Bird Jesus in the Twitch Plays Pokemon stream!

Fire and Water types are also pretty high up there, simply because of how strong and useful those typings end up being. Water types are pretty much always a necessity, since I don't think there's been a single game so far in which Surf hasn't been required. But other than that, it's also brought forth a lot of really beautiful designs. I mean Water and Ice types are probably some of the most elegant Pokemon so far, and I feel like there's always been a huge emphasis on how pretty the designs are when it comes to those two specific typings. And Water types are generally also really strong, being super effective against a bunch of types, while not having that many weaknesses.

Fire type Pokemon are mainly because of the emphasis of strength there is with the Pokemon, and it's generally just a pretty popular typing. I reckon part of it has to do with how a lot of them have relatively cool designs, and it's usually the Fire type starter of the various generations that's the most popular haha.

Years
Really hard for me to choose between fire and electric. Most of my favourite Pokemon are Fire - Ninetales, Charizard, Ho-oh etc. But thinking back, as a kid I really loved electric type Pokemon. They are just so cool, and Thunder is my favourite move. The sound effects of electic type moves were pretty awesome in the anime too, so it's gotta be electric for me.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I'd say my favourite three types are Ghost, Poison and Psychic.

I never considered poison one of my favourites until I realised that I've had a poison type on my main team each time since Diamond. (Heck Dragalge made it onto my team in X. The only poison family and not even found in X)

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
I'd probably have to go with Poison. I'm a big fan of most Poison-types in general, and I think my fondness for them is furthered thanks to Team Rocket, who tend to use quite a few Poison-types as well. A lot of my favourite Gen I Pokemon are part-Poison as well.

I also really like Water-types; a lot of Water-types are among my favourite Pokemon ever. I used to like Misty as a kid so that might be where that interest stems from. Recently though I've begun liking Grass-types more and more but probably not as much as Water or Poison.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
My Top3 would be Electric, Fighting and Dark, but i went with Electric in the Poll.
I just find them to be extremely cool, every single one of them. They are usually pretty fast Pokemon with a high Sp. Att to deal some serious damage. There is also a bunch of cool dual types, like Lanturn or Galvantula. Their only weakness is ground, and have an overall pretty good typing

serpenter

Eternal Inferno
Years
Fire is my primary type (And I run a pure fire team if anyone wants a match?), with grass types as a close second. I would love it if Gamefreak pushed the synergy between these types a bit more. I mean, they already have sunny day in common!

Bug would be a close third. I like the designs of many bug pokemon, and they oft have useful typing or a niche to play in any team. Just let down by mediocre stats mostly.

Mkeg7

Bam Bam Boogie ツ
Years
Gunna have to go with Dragon type since back in Platinum, Garchomp helped me a lot.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Ice because it's underrated. It has good coverage but many common weaknesses. My second favorite is Poison. Again underrated. Who doesn't love that Toxic death you put on enemies?

Where is my Ice/Poison epic Pokémon?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 29, 2017
I love Water, Dark, and Fighting Pokemon.

Water - beautiful special attacks that decimate everyone.
Fighting - powerful physical attacks that decimate everyone else. And Low Kick is insanely useful against everything.
Dark - a terrifying combination of the two.

And because when I got a FireRed cartridge from a friend, he had moved all of the good Pokemon except for Hitmonlee and Vaporeon to one of his DS games. They've been staples on my team ever since.
Until the Fairies showed up, Dark Pokemon were amazing. There were so many dual-type Dark Pokemon that you could have a mono Dark team that could cover everything.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 10, 2014
First up, Dragon-types are my ultimate favorite. Their looks and designs are cool (and sometimes cute). Also, they're backed up with awesome moves that can make Fairy and Steel types a run for their Pokedollars! :P
Second are Ghost and Dark types... The shady Pokemon that will never hesitate to fight dirty.
Third is Steel. Skarmory, Dialga, Klefki, Lucario, Metagross... Crazy...

Years
My top 5 would be Fire, Flying, Dark, Fighting and Ice with honourable mention to Bug.

The majority of my favourite Pokémon are fire type which is why I've included it as my primary bias; Flying because I'm partial to birds so the idea of flying around on my own one makes me happy haha; Dark because when it was introduced in Gen II and the likes of Umbreon and Houndoom were representing it I was hooked; Fighting because I do Taekwondo so there's a personal association with it and in terms of Ice it's funny cause I'm not a fan of a lot of ice-type Pokémon but I'm really drawn to a lot of ice-type moves, such as Aurora Beam.

In terms of Bug, it's grown on me a lot - I have a lot of favourite bug Pokémon now and I think things like the Bug Catching Contest helped to promote that :)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I'd say Water type, because I have many favourites from that type and I love the water designs. I also like the advantages and resistances, seemed like a mild type with no extremeties. Besides, Hoenn had a lot of water, and it's also a big favourite to many XD

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
For years I was always intrigued by the Psychic type. I thought they were really cool and tough as well. I also like Ice and Electric, I have lots of favorites in those types. :)

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
Years
It's hard to pick just one. My favorites are Water, Ghost, Steel, Dragon, and Electric. When it comes down to it, I'll go with Water since there are so many Water type Pokemon that I like.

Back