• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen whats your favorite starter in gold/silver

What's your favorite starter in Gold/Silver

• Totodile

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • Cindaquil

Votes: 37 45.7%
  • Chicorita

Votes: 14 17.3%

• Total voters

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
Years
  • (You spelled two options wrong; it should be Cyndaquil and Chikorita)

My favourite one is Cyndaquil, because I always use fire starters. And it's so cute that I didn't even evolve it in my current playthrough. :)

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Totodile for me !
    And besides it's not only my G/S/C favourite starter, it's just my favourite starter ever.
    I always choose water-type. And in all my Pokémon games, I never took care of a starter as much as my Totodile (that became a tough Feraligatr) in Silver Version.

Last edited:

GreenEspeon

Known as BlueUmbreon on PHO!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    Totodile for me too, although it was tight between him and Cyndaquil...

Years
  • A tie between Totodile and Cyndaquil here

chose Totodile though, it was the starter on my very first playthrough of gold so yeah ...

Ritzz

Bazinga
    Years
  • Aww, poor Chikorita. :(

But I like Cyndaquil haha. Last chance for a pure Fire-Type before the onslaught of Fire-Fighting. ._.

Years
  • I think Cyndaquil is just adorable. I love all his stages, so Cyndaquil has my vote.

Second would be Totodile.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Cyndaquil because Typhlosion has awesome Special Attack. Shame about its movepool, but it's still better for my purposes than the other two. I prefer other Water types in the games and I'm not big on Grass types in general.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    I've always liked the Cyndaquil line the best (though moreso in G/S/C than the remakes because of Thunderpunch). Typhlosion is awesome.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Cyndaquil is a BAMF and is therefore superior to the others. XD

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Totodile, it has a pretty decent movepool. o3o;; and it's amazingly cute. Second is Cyndaquil because of the same reasons as ^ just Totodile wins because of Surf. :P Chikorita is really cute but is suffers from ugly movepool-itus.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2012
    Totodile

Obviously my favourite is Totodile. Feraligatr is my all time favourite pokemon so Totodile is the obvious choice. Nice to see Gen 2 getting some love.

Back