• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's Your Favorite Starter? (Includes GSC)

Arcis

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2020
    cyndaquil. My first pokemon ^_^, since then i've always picked fire as a starter :classic:

Heh, there's something to be said for one's first Pokemon... I think I'll always have a soft spot for my Gold Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion. But I'm also really, really fond of my Emerald Torchic/Combuskin/Blaziken. So it's a tie.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Taking it by generations:

GSC: Cyndaquil. He's so cute, and then he evolves to be daaamn strong as Typhlosion. :3
    RSE: Torchic. I wasn't wild about any of the Hoenn Starters because I thought their designs were rubbish, but I chose Torchic when I restarted Emerald and was blown away by how strong she is.
    FR/LG: Bulbasaur. He was my favourite Starter in the RBY games too, although my first ever run-through was played with Squirtle -.-

Overall though, it's Bulbasaur all the way. Even though I'm not wild about Venusaur (he looks like he has acne!).

Lucariotoes

Ah-woo.
    Years
    Kanto: Bulbasaur, though all three are okay. Personally, I liked the Grass starters on the whole except for Turtwig.
    Johto: Chikorita, with Totodile as second.
    Hoenn: TREECKO! ...or Torchic. Mudkip is okay, too.
    Sinnoh: Piplup.

Harumi Fujyoshi

Ichiban fujyoshi desu!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2015
    That's way too hard of a choice D:
    But I'd have to say Torchic or maybe Cyndaquil.
    It seems Fire-types are both cute and when they evolve really strong.

Years
    It's pretty hard to make a fair decision as I always picked starters by some feeling and they always prove to be strong. Well, I kinda have 4 favorites: Charmander, Totodile, Mudkip and Chimchar. Yeah, no grass types, probably cause grass and bug types are common early in game.

Azrael Infinity

Pokemon Spriting Master!
    Years
    I'm gonna have to go with charmande, because Charizard can learn Brick Break Flamethrower, flying moves, and Earthquake, UBER PWNAGE

and he looks the coolest

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Totodile,I lurv it.=P lol LURV I SAY LURV!Plus its cool

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Moved to Pokemon General and made it apply to all generations. Yup yup.

Tox

fight me
    Years
    This is the order from favourite to least favourite that I like the starters:
    Charmander
    Squirtle
    Bulbasaur
    Mudkip
    Chikorita
    Cyndaquil
    Totodile
    Turtwig
    Treecko
    Piplup
    Chimchar
    Torchic

Machop

Supreme ruler of the universe
    Years
    I like all the Kanto starters especially Squirtle, but Wartortle looks odd :/.

Back