• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your first pokemon game you bought and played?

Years
  • That's one memory I hold especially dear.
    I was gifted both red and blue in Spanish at the age of 5. I didn't even know Spanish!! {D:}
    This didn't stop me from finishing both of them, though. And I learned many Spanish words along the way.
    One year later I got gifted a copy of yellow, in English ( which wasn't my language either ). I liked it even more, and also learned a lot of words.
    This trend from my parents continued for years, and for me it became the norm, so much that basically every game I own is in English. My parents were crazy {XD}

Years
  • Happy Blue player here. <3 I got Red for Christmas later on so that was my second, followed by Yellow. Wish I remembered what starter I chose, though.. it was either Squirtle because it fit the blue game or Charmander because he was so cute, haha.

Years
  • The first Pokemon game that I have owned was Pokemon Silver. The first one that I bought myself was Pokemon FireRed.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The first Pokémon game I played was Red, which was gifted to my little brother for his birthday, the year the games came out...I was helping him through the game. The first one I owned was Blue, gifted to me by my parents for Christmas two months later. The first one I bought with my own money was the pair of Diamond and Pearl, back in 2007 (one of which I gifted to my aforementioned little brother).

Years
  • The first game I received was Red as an Easter gift. It's what got me into the Pokémon games. Since I enjoyed it so much I was very happy when Gold was released and bought it with my own money. I also remember seeing the game for a lower price at a different store short time after >_>

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2017
    The first Pokemon game I ever played was Pokemon Dash, but for the "main" games, it was Pokemon Ruby. Black 2 was the first Pokemon game I bought myself.

Years
  • The first one I played was I think in Generation I, and most of the others I was given for a while.

I think the first one I bought with my money was Emerald, because most of the others I got as gifts or such. I did get the other Generation IV games with my own money, except Pearl. Same with all the later ones.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2015
    The first i've ever played had to have been red. Then yellow, crystal and so on..

Link119

The Self-Proclaimed King
    Years
  • Blue...I remember seeing all the kids playing it at Recess and thought it was so cool...I also remember the rumors that Yellow was going to have "all 151 pokemon" catchable in it, occasionally "152" in reference to Togepi...

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    My first game was Silver, but I only remember the first time I played Ruby...

Years
  • Platinum, I knew of Pokemon back with Red and Blue but I wasn't really interested. Finally on the insistence of my girlfriend I picked up a DS and a copy of Platinum and fell deeply in love with the series.

Mesmerella

Preschooler
    Years
  • My first game was Sapphire! I picked Sapphire version over Ruby because Sapphire is my birthstone. XD I remember getting Sapphire, and then, just a few days later, my nephew got Ruby and we began playing together. It was really awesome.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • The very first version i played (but didnt buy myself) was Pokemon Yellow a long time ago. It was a birthday gift and i played the living heck out of it with my friends. The very first game i bought myself was Pokemon Pearl, which was a good time as well.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • First game was RUBY/SAPPHIRE

It was one of the best games my childhood had ever encountered, I really miss those times when I was playing them, I can still play it of course but I don't have so much time anymore.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2020
    someone gave me emerald... but my first game was mystery dungeon red.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • My first game I bought and played was LeafGreen. I had been into Pokémon for a while already because I watched the anime and collected the trading cards. When I found out I could actually have a team of my own, I spent forever working to get my Gameboy and first Pokémon game from my parents.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Brothers had Yellow, but I didn't play much. I got Silver and was so excited about the Togepi egg that I rang my brother (who was away from home at the time) to tell him everything about it.

Back