• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your Religion?

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I'm a Lightningist, the religion centered around the worship of the member Lightning (God). Our religion is so amazing, we'll rule the world one day in Erica's name |D

But in all honesty, I don't really follow any religion. I'm... not sure what I believe, actually. My mom is a strong Christian, but my dad is very strong Evolution-ist. When I was raised my parents were constantly bickering over which religion my brother and I should be, and since I went to an Episcopal private school for 7 years, I was Christian for a while. But around the 5th grade or so, I realized I was only saying I was Christian because that's what I was taught to say. And now here I am, without a religion XD;

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    I'm a Christian, and a very proud one. At first, I just said I was because I wanted to be like everyone else, but then I realize Jesus can save me and can use me in life. So I trust him with all of my life and he is the one to guide me wherever I can.

LipstickTraces

I Am Nothing
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 17, 2011
    i am agnostic myself and dont really feel i need to have a religion. somebody who handed out cards for the roman catholic church randomly approached me and i told him my beliefs, but he questioned it with 'why?' which was quite a shock, i thought he would say 'fair enough' then leave it at that. i felt i was put on the spot stuck to reply, but luckily he had a bus to catch. lol

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Proud Southern Baptist. :D For those who don't know, Christian. xD

I was born and raised this way, and my mission trip to Memphis only made my beliefs stronger, because I got to see things I was taught in church working out in the streets of Memphis. Amazing experience, really.

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
    Years
    I'm Christian.. but you won't see me going to church every Sunday.
    I do believe in God and Jesus. But I do question a lot of things..

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Lightningist too -shot-

Well, I'm atheistic. Seeing that this country is horribly catholic "just for the heck of traditions" I'm very surprised, but I never got baptised, never was forced to go to Church, and got informed about all kind of religions equally. And I ended up realizing that I'd go to hell anyway, since, even if I believed in one, I wouldn't be believing in the rest, thus getting condemned to all their own hells :x

So yeah, my motto is: "Live and let to live". I don't have problems with people believing in anything if they don't try to make me believe too~

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Agnostic. I don't doubt that there is probably some sort of higher being out there, I just..don't..care ._.;

Both my parents are Christian, but very loosely, not one of those up-in-your-face, guild-wielding southern Christians who are always trying to convert you into being like them. That being said, I think my mom might have went to church...maybe twice this year?

Razer Rage

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2012
    Hmm. Pretty diverse, if I do say so myself. :P About half and half.

As for myself, I am a Christian (Mormon). There are many interesting arguments about religion and such, and I believe that this one is the most realistic and most likely to be correct.

Pocchama01

Dark and Psychic Type Trainer
    Years
    Im athiest. The only time im bothered by other peoples beliefs, is when they try to push it on me and convert me to thier religion.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I consider myself an Agnostic. I think there may be a God, while a part of me thinks that there doesn't have to be. Either way, I don't think it will have an effect on how I live my life. Which is why I'm Agnostic. ^^

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    I'm a Lightningist, the religion centered around the worship of the member Lightning (God). Our religion is so amazing, we'll rule the world one day in Erica's name |D

But in all honesty, I don't really follow any religion. I'm... not sure what I believe, actually. My mom is a strong Christian, but my dad is very strong Evolution-ist. When I was raised my parents were constantly bickering over which religion my brother and I should be, and since I went to an Episcopal private school for 7 years, I was Christian for a while. But around the 5th grade or so, I realized I was only saying I was Christian because that's what I was taught to say. And now here I am, without a religion XD;

I'm the same way. I was baptized as a Catholic but I have no idea about my religion or what I believe. My mom is a catholic like me and my dad is a protestan but he also doesnt know what his actual religion is either so...

Alakazam: Yeah! That's why I'm like! I consider myself Agnostic because I do believe there is a god but yet I'm not really sure how to believe...or whatever.

Yes, I have no religion. :|

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
    I was born in a Catholic family, where my grandparents were very serious on religion. I was baptized, and did typical church stuff. However, as I got older, I realized none of it made sense.

My theory on religion, is that it was created to simply create order in chaotic communities. Do good, go to heaven, do bad, go to hell. That would convince people to be good instead of bad, plus they made up stories so it was more believable.

This is just my opinion, if you're catholic, that's fine. If humans can go to heaven, then so should animals. I've heard claims that their souls are different than ours, but humans are animals too. Just very intelligent animals. Plus, how would they be able to get all these answers, unless they asked god themselves? The Jesus story is the most believable to me, but everything not covered by "Jesus" is just un-cited claims, thus anyone can make up anything about what happens when we die.

I've been Agnostic for about 10 years now, but I've been curious about other religions. I did some research on my free time, and I feel I relate to Buddhism the most. It basically teaches people everything I believe in. I'm not saying I am one, it's just that maybe one day I might do more research on this and see if it truly relates to who I am. You should also not let people force you into a religion, let it be up to you. If you're interested in becoming religious, do some research, and try to find the best religion for you.

Last edited:

Hidancat

ಠ_ಠ
    Years
    Wow, I'm totally the minority. xD
    Born and raised Mormon (mom's from utah and dad's just weird olol)

More than that, though, I'm agnostic -- While I can see the possibility of a God, I'm not entirely sure and have way too much science on my mind to really favor each side of the god/no god thing so meh.
    Religion's never really been that important to me, though.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    I'm christain.

that pretty much the full extent.
    I just AM. nothing else.

I don't go to chuch, I don't confess my sins,
    say grace at normal meals, etc., etc.

The only REAL thing thatI've done with it is maybe make deals with god (If I can do this, I will give up *insert bad habit or something here*). And maybe the occasional complament when I see something increditable (Like a drug-addicted emo turn into a teacher's pet).

and... that's it. I don't let religion get in my way of better thoughts, because I'm NOT a christain psychopath who forms thier ideas based on the bible.
    They annoy the crap outta me.

I won't stop being christain,
    because I feel that heaven is better than pure nothingness when you die :D

1stGenNut

1st Gen Fanatic
    Years
    Christian, was an Atheist until earlier this year. I don't take too kindly to Atheist smartasses, and it annoys me to no end when they accuse us of being rude, when plenty of Atheists out there are just as arrogant. Guess you get that with everybody though.

I love singing, praise, prayer. Big part of me.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I'm atheist. I was never introducted to any religion and don't plan to become religious. But I have no problem with religion whatsoever.

Back