• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your Storage size?

How much Hard drive space do you have?

• Total voters

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    So, how 'bout it? How much storage space do you have on your Hard drives?
    Feel free to group multiples together or list the different drives you have.

I personally have plenty of storage space I currently have
    My internal notebook drive: 200GB
    dual partition portable drive: 300GB (I have 45GB formatted to FAT for transferring files between My Mac and Windows machines.)
    My Time Machine Backup drive: 500GB
    *New* Media Archive unit: 2000GB

Total: 3000GB (3TB)

what do you have?!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Uhh... 160 120 GB on my laptop and an external drive of 500 GB. I hate hooking up the external drive since it's a bit of a hassle (I have very few USB ports to make use of) but it's a necessary evil because I'm constantly running out of space on my laptop since I insist on keeping all my music on it. 8/

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Desktop
    Some..6.3TB of HDD + 2x1TB external (Though one is for Time Machine)

Laptop
    80GB HDD

HTPC
    160GB Internal
    4 x 1TB External

Home Server
    12 x 750GB SATA in RAID 5 @ 6TB Redundant

Remote Server
    500GB Internal + 500 in Hot-Swap Caddy

So 19.54TB in marketing speak.
    Or some ~18.2TB of actual, usable space; not taking into account the storage that's given up for redundancy. There's some 3TB of parity disk on top, in the server.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I do believe I have 200GB on the internal drive in my laptop. It's not too much space at all, but I tend to save things to outside servers such as my student drive at school anyway.

It really does bug me to have such limitations sometimes. Some things such as music, videos, and software that cannot be saved and loaded to/from outside sources really do eat my storage up. I often wonder why in the world I settled for it.
    *Sigh*

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    My laptop has a whopping 80GBs. (It wasn't bad when I bought it :/)

I am looking to buy an external one I am planning on getting on that is at least 250GBs

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    My storage size is 120GB's on my laptop computer.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I have two 40GB HDD on this desktop at the moment, and for some reason the second HD is partitioned. O.o But I don't know how to put it back together but oh well.
    I have 8.88GB left on the first one and 7.8GB left on the second HD to use.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    My laptop and desktop each only have a 40GB HDD, but I have a 250GB external drive.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I have about 67.6 GB used out of 114 GB

Well I am above average, but sometimes I wish I had 1TB of space. Oh the files that would be contained.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
    I'm fine with my space... I just have to tidy it up a little, remove some duplicate things, and, for the sake of it, shorten file names...

Let's see:

Desktop (Main) System
    One SATA Drive, Seagate, 120GiB
    12 G Windows XP
     8 G Linux (Ubuntu)
    10 G System Backups
    80 G Everything Else (family photos, common documents, etc):classic:
    10 G currently unpartitioned (was a Windows 98 partition)

Laptop
    (it's an old system, but it has held on its own)
    One IDE Drive, Western Digital, 40 GiB
    18 G for Operating System
    22 G for everything else

Collegue Server
    me and a partner own it, we use it for projects and... um... "spare time" :D
    each user can connect remotely to the system and copy/move files via an encrypted channel:paranoid: that appears mounted as temporary storage (like a flashdrive or so)

One IDE Drive, Seagate, 80 GiB
    12 G for Operating System (Ubuntu Server with some modifications)
    32 G for things we fancy (downloads, torrents, music, and the like)
     8 G for Development (thesis, documents, charts, whatever)
    28 G unpartitioned, and we don't know what to do with it

My Rockdrive:knockedou
    (a 250 GiB Western Digital IDE drive connected via an USB box or "chest")
    (yes, the name is a pun on the fact it is like a very big and heavy "pendrive")
    100 G for backups of everything related to "24" (the episodes, music, boxart, etc), all other series go straight to DVD
     40 G for several virtual machines
     20 G for temporary storage, like when I have to move big torrents between home and collegue
     90 G for anything else I fancy (currently orchestra backups)

So I have lots'o'space to play with...

Then, I might acquire an E-IDE storage around 1T to do Da Backup, just in case the DVD-eating fungus comes by.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm not one to really go upgrading from anything that I've had on my computer since I like having what came with my computer in the first place (I may update my storage, though).

But I have 74.4 GBs on my hard drive and only have 2.27 free. ;;

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    Main Computer:
    Western Digital Raptor WD1500ADFD 150GB 10,000 RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - Good Drive, Does not store anything aside from system files and software files.
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3500630AS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Recertified Hard Drive - Replacement drive for the original that was a little freaky. Replacing it with a 1TB drive soon.

Backup Computer:
    Maxtor MaXLine III 7L300S0 300GB 7200 RPM SATA 1.5Gb/s Hard Drive - This hard drive has been making the worst sounds for over a year, but keeps on going. Going to be replaced by the 500GB HD from my main machine soon.
    Western-Digital IDE 80GB - Used for OS Visualization.

I have an Maxtor OneTouch 4 500GB External Hard Drive for Backup Purposes. Sits allot of time in the box until its needed.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    I have a 140GB in my laptop, 580GB in my desktop, and a 160GB external that floats between the two. So far it all works out pretty well, I haven't really had any space issues so far :O

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    I have 500GB. I can't imagine ever needing more than that, although I will probably be doing a fair amount of graphic art soon. That could take up some space, I guess.

ハリマ☆ハリオ

播磨拳児
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2009
    Hard drive in my computer is 120 GB. I also have a portable 120 GB hard drive. Because I download a lot of anime or make DVD rips, 120 GB actually depletes really quickly.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    Wow, some of you have tons of space - terabytes worth. The laptop computer I'm using right now only has a mere 33.5GB. I've managed to clean some of it out using CCleaner. My desktop has about the same amount of HDD space, and I've used CCleaner on that too - cleaned out 1GB one time.

Back