• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What's your team?

Years
    At the moment:

Marshstomp (Waiting for Earthquake, then I'll evolve him)
    Camerupt
    Breloom
    Gardevior
    Swellow
    Manetric

I just noticed how we have near identical teams, except I have an Altaria instead of Swellow and my Marshtomp's already a Swampert. Breloom and Manectric are always great for dealing with the huge array of Water-type trainers in the game.

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Oct 28, 2016
    Here's my Alpha Sapphire team right now:

What's your team?
    What's your team?
    What's your team?
    What's your team?
    What's your team?
    What's your team?

Their details here:

Swampert
    Nature: Mild
    Ability: Torrent
    Item: None

Breloom
    Nature: Naughty
    Ability: Poison Heal

Camerupt
    Nature: Brave
    Ability: Magma Armor
    Item: Quick Claw

Manectric
    Nature: Lax
    Ability: Lightning Rod
    Item: Manectite

Gardevoir
    Nature: Brave
    Ability: Trace

Altaria
    Nature: Careful
    Ability: Natural Cure

As for genders, Swampert's the only male on the team. Everyone else is female.

The team I mentioned earlier was for Omega Ruby. In Alpha Sapphire, which I'm currently playing, I want to go about getting this team or something identical to it. Right now I've got Mudkip, Shroomish and Ralts. The Ralts is a male so I'm not going to be able to get Gardevoir. Everybody else I'll get.

Years
    Tried something a little different in Sapphire.I usually do the old school formula - Grass,Fire,Water,Electricity,Ground,Normal/Flying.

Started up ORAS and went with - Mudkip,Wurmple,Poocheyena,Shiny Beldum and Zigzagoon.It made the game a little more difficult but kept I these bad boys,evolved them and defeated the Elite Four eventually.

Needless to say I have returned to my Y team after I pokebanked them over to Sapphire.
    Still my best - Crobat,Dragonite,Scizor,Garchomp,Torterra and Metagross/Blaziken.Currently scouting Hoenn to fill my pokedex.

FroakieFTW

Ribbit!
    Years
    I just noticed how we have near identical teams, except I have an Altaria instead of Swellow and my Marshtomp's already a Swampert. Breloom and Manectric are always great for dealing with the huge array of Water-type trainers in the game.

Wow, lol! I agree, they'll be doing most of the work once I get to areas almost entirely made up of water.

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2015
    Can Some1 Help Be Build A Half/Half Team!!!!???

I want a team focused around mega chars y with 3 hyper offensive pokes and 3 heavy stalkers!!?!?!?!?!?

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Final team for As:
    Sceptile
    Mighteyenna
    Glalie
    Metagross (event)
    Kyogre

For Or I'm still playing through, but my current team is:
    Swampert
    Noibat
    Metang (bred myself a shiny)
    Trapinch

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
    I'm looking around and seeing a whole lot of Treeckos and that makes me so happy, it's my favorite <3 Also it seems like a lot of us are using Hoenn-only Pokemon, I did that on purpose in my playthrough. Which Pokemon on your team was/is your "MVP" or go-to Pokemon?

All of my Pokemon had their own chance to shine, but my Altaria's slowly growing to higher level than tthe rest. XD

UPDATE: Recently beat the League.
    Swampert for strong Mega Sweeps(almost solo'd with him after running out of revives, unfortunatly had to restart league), Dustox for poisoning and torturing the foes(asell as killing Sydney with Bug Buzz), Linoone for strong ohkos and thkos(mostly Doubles Edge-ing and tanking as well), Gardevoir for HP gain and Dragon Defense(Future Sight+Draining Kiss+Mega), Camerupt to put Steven in his place(Eruption does wonders when Metagross misses(snickers)), and Altaria for swift justice(Pixilate+Take Down took down nearly everything for me)~

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Here it is after beating the E4 the second time around.

Camerupt - Miranda (Cameruptite)

Earth Power
    Flamethrower
    Rock Slide
    Fire Blast

Sharpedo - Ashley (Sharpedonite)

Earthquake
    Waterfall
    Ice Fang
    Crunch

Armaldo - Niblet (Rocky Helmet)

Earthquake
    Rock Slide
    X Scissor
    Stone Edge

Latios - AstroTweek (Latiosite)

Psychic
    Dragon Pulse
    Surf
    Shadow Ball

Metagross (Metagrossite)

Shadow Ball
    Meteor Mash
    Zen Headbutt
    Hammer Arm

Sceptile - Walter (Sceptilite)

Earthquake
    X Scissor
    Dragon Pulse
    Giga Drain

All of them are in their early to late 80s level wise and I got them all in game without having to catch any of them. Easily my strongest no catch team to date.

Jayce

x-kid
    Years
    I just got the game a couple days ago, but my team at the moment is:

Marshtomp, lv. 32
    Electrike, lv. 24
    Mightyena, lv. 28
    Swellow, lv. 32
    Kirlia, lv. 27
    Linoone, lv. 26 (I'm mostly just using him for HMs. This is actually the first pokemon game where I've had a single designated "HM pokemon".)

This'll definitely change after I've finished the story and start breeding and so on.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    My MVP for catching Pokémon was Akira, my Mightyena. She could withstand a lot of hits while not unintentionally defeating the wild Pokémon. She was definitely my go-to Pokémon, if things went badly she always persevered for me.

For battles my MVP was most certainly Casimira, my Absol. With just one Swords Dance she was able to sweep most teams. Sadly though her defences were lacking and her speed was average, so she was out sped a lot. She had a lot of trouble at the League in particular, but she pulled through and even defeated Steven's Mega Metagross!

In the overworld of Eastern Hoenn, Scylla, my Sharpedo was definitely my MVP. She was able to take me everywhere I wanted, and rapidly too. In battles she was no weakling either, in fact it was thanks to her that I was able to defeat Glacia where all my Pokémon fell to Freeze-Dry and Blizzard, she came out on top.

In general, Shido, my Shiftry was well rounded in every area. He was my backup force, but he was fragile. While he was still a Nuzleaf he couldn't take any one hit without fainting, but he grew stronger. Once he evolved into Shiftry, he too became a force to be reckoned with, especially with his Leaf Storm.

My team were all my MVPs, I can't say it any other way. They all had their strengths and weaknesses, but they all covered for one another.

I totally agree with your last statement, that's why I like to plan out my teams before I play games, because I like to have them all cover for each other :) Also when I was posting my question I only really thought about there being "one" MVP for the entire team, but I guess you're right; there can be more than one MVP per team, because they all have their strengths and weaknesses. I really like your nicknames btw, Scylla sounds pretty cool.

Can Some1 Help Be Build A Half/Half Team!!!!???

I want a team focused around mega chars y with 3 hyper offensive pokes and 3 heavy stalkers!!?!?!?!?!?

To get more expansive help on your team, there's an In-Game Team Help section in the Battling forum, but I think in order to get more help you'd have to provide your current team along with the Pokemon's moves and items. :) I can provide suggestions for Pokemon, but you'd have to give me something to work with instead of me providing all the Pokemon for you to use :p

Years
    I totally agree with your last statement, that's why I like to plan out my teams before I play games, because I like to have them all cover for each other :) Also when I was posting my question I only really thought about there being "one" MVP for the entire team, but I guess you're right; there can be more than one MVP per team, because they all have their strengths and weaknesses. I really like your nicknames btw, Scylla sounds pretty cool.

I thank you for your compliment. It feels nice to have someone else appreciate something you came up with.
    Regarding the MVP, yes it's kind of a cheesy statement, but honestly I don't think I've ever bonded this well with my team. I don't just mean in-game, but I just actually got attached to them. Whether that's good or not, I don't know, but I really loved those four, so choosing an MVP was like choosing a favourite child. I just couldn't do that. :)

Loponymous

Elite Trainer
    Years
    Greetins from Portugal :)

My current OR Team:
    - Red Gyarados w/ Mega Evolution (Lv. 56)
    - Sceptile w/ Mega Evolution (Lv. 65)
    - Infernape (Lv. 65)
    - Shiny Metagross w/ Mega Evolution (Lv. 70)
    - Rayquaza w/ Mega Evolution (Lv. 70)
    - Tyranitar (Lv. 100)

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2015
    My team in Omega Ruby is my dream team. Imported some from Y.

- Gardevoir Lv 79
    - Swampert Lv 63
    - Blaziken (Speed Boost) Lv. 83
    - Lucario Lv. 71
    - Metagross Lv. 66
    - Tyrantrum Lv. 70

My Alpha Sapphire team is still new, only two badges.

- Marshtomp Lv. 24
    - Breloom Lv. 25

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    my currentish team:
    mightyena lvl 50
    swellow lvl 50
    gardevoir lvl 47
    blaziken lvl 54
    masquerain lvl 47
    lombre lvl 44 (not really my team he just knows surf lol)

i definitely want to change my team but it's sad since I've trained them from level three.
    i'm definitely adding wiscash to my team (or kingdra i'm unsure)

I'm looking around and seeing a whole lot of Treeckos and that makes me so happy, it's my favorite <3 Also it seems like a lot of us are using Hoenn-only Pokemon, I did that on purpose in my playthrough. Which Pokemon on your team was/is your "MVP" or go-to Pokemon?

my go to has always been my baby blaziken. double kick is my go to hah

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    My current team consists of

Marshtomp
    Kirlia
    Breloom

I am still not sure if I am going with the latter two and adding three more, or scrapping them and adding five more. I can't think of any others.

Sloan Kettering

Robot Master
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Aug 17, 2018
    Well, at the moment I'm brainstorming an online team, but my in-game team was Metagross, Blaziken, Gardevoir, Gyarados, Latios and Pikachu.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Major team overhaul this time. My Trapinch and Lileep recently evolved, and I caught a Chinchou and a few HM slaves.

Major team members:

What's your team?

Blaziken

What's your team?

Cradily

What's your team?

Shiny Metang

What's your team?

Sableye

What's your team?

Vibrava

What's your team?

Chinchou

HM slaves:

What's your team?

Linoone (Pickup)

What's your team?

Wailmer (Dive)

What's your team?

Tropius (Fly)

Other team members:

What's your team?

Magnezone

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    My team currently consists of:

Kirlia, Gyarados (may possibly become Spheal later on), Grovyle, Taillow, Loudred and Oddish (will become Trapinch as Oddish is an HM slave as well as a sweet scenter)

I did want to take Aron along but I don't have any room for it.

Back