• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen When did you give up?

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
  • For me, after I finished the Delta Episode I just kinda lost the urge to pick it up again. I haven't done so for a long time. I keep meaning to start a challenge on OR, but I never get around to it. And there is nothing to draw me back to the game either, no one pestering me to do something, or to battle or anything, so it likely won't get played again for a while.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    I've caught some legendaries (not all of them) after Delta Episode, got 1000 flags in the secret bases and then dropped the game. The lack of motivation to play makes me honestly sad. :(

Humble Hook

Because the Hook brings you back ~
    Years
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    I might put it down soon, now that i've done the whole story, its kinda just online battles, and even that's getting boring. I might pick it back up eventually to fill the Dex.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I probably will get tired of them once the new main series games are out. That, or I'll get tired of breeding/dex naving/hording for shines

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I completed the National Dex! I might try to start breeding but I'm not really sure. I don't really have the patience for it so I might play some other games (Devil Survivor! Bravely Default!) and come back to breeding Pokemon.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I've stopped touching ORAS after I bought Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - also, after the Wally rematch.

Not a competitive player really.

DeadAlien

Sup
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2015
    The in-game stuff got boring for me rather quick. I'm not into shiny hunting or anything like that. I mostly just battle now.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Before the Delta Episode, actually. I finished beating the league and then put it down for a few weeks before picking it up and doing the Delta Episode. Some silly thought about letting the game have things to do for just a little bit longer or something aha. Haven't really done much since finishing the Delta Episode, either.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I defeated Steven and the Elite Four with an underleveled team because Gallade = OP and then I finished the Delta Episode along with some special events like catching Spiritomb and catching some legendaries through the portals. I wanted to catch all the portal legendaries but I took a break after arriving at the Battle Island place and talking to all the NPCs (can't remember the name of the place ;__;). I intended to come back to the game and make progress on National Dex or begin playing the other version of the game, but that never happened :\

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Right when i finished off steven i watched the credits put it down and took 3 months its just nothing in the game was really challenging although i enjoyed the delta episode afterwords if it was more challenging i would have enjoyed he game muccccchhh better.

Years
  • I took a few months out after completing AS having done the Delta Episode, Battle Resort etc. I forget that I got the Special Edition Groudon 2DS so I have Omega Ruby to begin now. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    On another note, what's the soonest you've given up on a Pokemon game? For me, it was X & Y, I defeated the Elite Four and stopped there.

Back