• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen When you first batteld Red in G/S/C

Binary

え?
Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    It took me a couple of rematches before I took him down. I managed to beat him with Misdreavus as my last pokemon. I don't remember the entire battle log, but it was an epic battle on my Pokemon Gold. :3

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Well, I saw him send out Pikachu first, I wondered, "Oh, great, is he gonna follow up with a Lv76 Metapod or a Lv83 Magikarp or something retarded like that?"

Snorlax was a bit of a pain to take down, but other than that with Pokemon in the 65-70 range he was cake.

Sadly with Snorlax gone in HG/SS, so was his one somewhat challenging Pokemon.

Snorlax is in HG/SS, just without Rest, which made him the irritation he was in the first place. It's Espeon that didn't return.

Anyway, I remember never having trouble with Pikachu (thank you Venasaur, Golduck and Feraligatr, my only strong Pokemon and two of them were from Red, because I was a noob who only raised one Pokemon back then), just everything else, particularly Snorlax with his stupid Rest. Took me a long time to defeat Red, but it was seriously something when I did.

The greatest Pokemon moment in my life so far.

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    ...... It was hard. My 1st time playing Crystal, i almost got sweeped. I think it was my Typhlosion VS his Charizard. My Lanturn Paralyzed it, got Parahaxed, and I won.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • The first time I found him when I was younger, I would be that person that would always train their starter and nothing else. So naturally, my Typhlosion was very high in level, probably like 70 or 80 something. With just Typhlosion, I took down his entire team. Although, that did take me a few tries.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • Don't think I had much difficulty as I had ThunderPunch Typhlosion and I/F/T-Punch Alakazam. Steelix versus Snorlax was fun. Made sure Roar had Snorlax last for that.

Red was easier in GSC.

11wildy

Me!
    Years
  • I think i soloéd it with my lvl 90+ Typhlosion. Blastoise's Surf didn't 1HKO and I somehow managed to burn and outstall it. Yeah, epic battle. Later times I usually was somewhere between lvl 50 and 60 and I could still beat him :l

Years
  • The first time I fought Red, I got SLAYED. Being underleveled+having horrible movesets due to just not knowing it better does that to people. Him having Snorlax and me having no idea how to deal with it didn't help.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    I regret how I still didn't beat him even after I had the chance, and when I did, it was too late.. I didn't know how, but I suddenly lost my Cartridge of Gold Version and eventually had to go out for a search and find it, I found it in the strangest place too, down in my Basement in a box full of other childhood nooks and crannies. Needless to say, I popped it in, started it up and the save file had gone corrupt, therefore I had to get inside the cartridge, take out the corrupt battery, slam in a new one and call it a brand new Gold version. Perhaps maybe someday I will get to Red, and when I do, I will be sure to beat him.. For old times sake..

HinaBaby

#1 Spongebob Fan!
    Years
  • Never really had a rough time with Red as far as I can remember I pawned his team with only 3 of my Pokemons.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2011
    funny, just battled red on my crystal version last night. had a team of only 5 high 40's and barely won. used Typhlosion w/ earthquake to take down Pikachu,, Umbreon against Espeon, mix of Typlosion using dynamicpunch, gengar spamming hypnosis, with help of swords dance Scizor, all to take out Snorlax. Typhlosion against Venusaur, Gengar using thunderbolt against Blastiose, and at last, Kingdra against Charizard. all of my pokemon exept kingdra had fainted by the end, and she only held on by means of rest and sleep talk. thank god. best battle ever

Punnagg

Advanced Spriter
    Years
  • When i first went to battle Red my team was
    Espeon lv.70
    H0-0h lv.50
    Ferligatr lv.60
    Gyarados lv.60
    Dodrio lv.32
    Dargonair lv.44

I defeated his Pikachu & Espeon with espeons iron tail & shadow ball, Then defeated Venasaur with Ho-oh with hyper potions, my dodrio & dragonairs were fainted, Charizard was defeated by ferligatr, Blastoise was finished by gyarados & Snorolax was defeated by ferligatr, gyarados & ho-oh.

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2013
    Since i did multiple monotyp challenges on crystal i got multiple wins, myy forst whithmy rock team I lost the screens.
    But i won with Plant solo to:
    Meganium Lv.56
    Parasect Lv.54
    Exeggutor Lv.58
    Jumpluff Lv.58
    Sunflora Lv.52
    No Problem with a bit of skill, Jumpluff whith sleeppowder+Leechseed rules.
    Levels after battle.

AkumavsArceus92

SF God >>> Pokemon God
    Years
  • The first time I battled Red in Pokémon: Silver Version, I slaughtered him. It was quite easy. But I will admit that it wasn't done in legit fashion. After I defeated Clair in Blackthorn, I decided to make myself unbeatable by trading the best Pokemon from my cousin's Red and Blue Versions over to my game (Thanks Chris and Sean!). They had gone off to do bigger and better things with their lives and voluntarily left me with such power (I still think it was foolish to just abandon the games though.)! On these two games, they had at least 3 of every Pokémon and some of them had unfathomable stats (for the time anyway). The center piece of my team was an invincible Charizard and an unstoppable Mewtwo. After Blackthorn, everything was a cakewalk.

In the last year or so, I went back to my old Crystal Version and attempted to do it all on my own. I managed to beat him on my first attempt without losing a team member after some rigorous training (although it was much more difficult this time). My team consisted of Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Sandslash, Alakazam, and one other. I am not sure who the final team member was. It may have been my Red Gyarados, Raichu, Lugia, or Ho-Oh (I'll have to check it again.).

AkumavsArceus92

SF God >>> Pokemon God
    Years
  • I just finished checking my game. My team consisted of:

Meganium Lv. 65
    Typhlosion Lv. 65
    Feraligatr Lv. 65
    Alakazam Lv. 65
    Sandslash Lv.65
    Gyarados Lv. 65

Yes, I will admit that I am very precise when it comes to training Pokémon at this point in my life.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • The 1st time I fought him:

Oh. My. God. O.O

The 1st time I fought him in Soul Silver:

Oh God. I'm gonna die. :(

...To this day I still haven't beaten him. :\

Back