• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen When you first batteld Red in G/S/C

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
  • I remember my exact team I used:

Feraligatr
    Arcanine
    Scizor
    Tyranitar
    Pidgeot
    Raikou

My friends kept telling me that because Red is basically Ash, his Pikachu would be invincible, but with Tyranitar, one hit of Earthquake was enough.

Alomar

Follow me on Twitter @Daubs
    Years
  • the first time wasnt too hard for me either, i was surprised by his pikachu but solved that problem by catching a lvl 44ish graveler in mt silver and that took care of it (lol) then my scizor and typhlosion made quick work of the rest..

Giga Flare

The Onion Knight
    Years
  • When I played when I was really young, the battle was totally uncalled for and Red wiped the floor with me. First time I had ever lost a battle.

AllentheGuitarist

I don't even, sir.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I killed him with my Tyranitar and Alakazam. I got bored wsith swapping out all my pokemon to keep them around the same level, so my level 82 Tyranitar and 87 Alakazam just destroyed his team.

And yes, Snorlax was the worst. Took 3 Rock Slides from Tyranitar to kill it, even though he was 82 XP

hahaiamchris

Ultimate Dragon Taimer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2013
    Pikachu

Gosh that was hard. His Pikachu knocked out 3 of my Pokemon, and in the end of the battle my last Pokemon lucked out and beat his Espeon with 1 hp left! :)

NTA

Where?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2012
    When I first battled Red my battery popped out of my gameboy :(

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
  • I was like 10 when I first battled Red. I knew nothing about grinding, so my team was 40s-50s. Best battle of my life. I just barely won after a few tries, and i had only one left on red HP. I forgot what team I used, though. I then came back later and slaughtered him with my only lvl. 85 Typhlosion :D.

ChikoritaBayleef

♥Bayleef Lover♥
    Years
  • I first battled him a loooong time ago (8 or 9 years?)

I had over 300 hours of gameplay before I found out I could fight Ash. Almost all my pokemon were Lvl 100. the lowest was Lvl 94 I think, so it was an easy battle for me :)

I forget who was on my team though, other than my Feraligator.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    Yeah... the first time I encountered him, I died :( His Pikachu slaughtered me... But after I knew what Pokémon he had, I planned my team and my attacks more carefully and beat him easily. After a while, my Dragonite could solo him :) (I also solo'd the league with my dear Dragonite ;) )

Years
  • The first time I beat Red... oh wait... I thought it would be a good idea to do it the first time with a Monotype Challenge.... not as easy as I thought.

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    I actually thought he was a freakin glitch or virus when I found him.. I had a weird virus on my Gold a week before that where my sprite kept changing and the trainer hall had a weird dude in there with Lvl 120 Pokemon so I was like HOLY Jeeeewiizzz! ITS ASH!!!! He was hard to beat back then too because I used to never train my Pokemon other than the starter, I was such a jobber.

Years
  • I was beaten pretty badly the first time I battled him in Silver. I had barely gotten through the Elite 4, so I have no idea why I even thought of battling Red...

Shiny Gardevoir

I huntz shiniez
    Years
  • It was technically my brother playing... Anyway, I was watching him, then Red sends in a lv.80+ Pikachu (I think). My brother was shocked and turned off the GBC <_<

Then he trained hard... Then returned... And knocked out Pikachu with one move... He was like O.O

Years
  • That was a very long time ago, haha. I can't really remember, but it was undoubtedly with my Typhlosion, in the 90's or maybe at 100. Back then I pretty much only used my starter, so while I was like 'OH MY GOD THIS IS SOOOOOOOOO COOL', it wasn't that difficult. I'd given my Typhlosion moves like ThunderPunch and Earthquake, FirePunch and FlameThrower, so he could pretty much take everything out in one hit- except for Snorlax. I've had more epic battles with Red since, because I actually started using more than one Pokemon in battle, haha.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
  • Pikachu was no problem whatsoever, I beat him with my Red Gyarados, around level 55.
    Now his Espeon... I wanted to murder it after it beat all my pokemon the second time..

After I got rid of Espeon, my level 72 Mr. Mime (don't ask) and 55 Typhlosion wiped the floor with the rest of em. ^^

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
  • Yeah, I used thrash repeatedly and got lucky xD
    I faced him three times, all three times my Gyarados killed his Pikachu but the rat left me with red health.
    Then Espeon would come in, use Psychic, kill Gyarados. From then on, all my Pokemon (Typhlosion, Ho Oh, Snorlax, Slowpoke, Scyther - all around level 50-55) would get murdered by Espeon haha.

So finally, I stopped for a bit, pulled out Mr Mime (around level 40 at the time) and trained the shoot outta him on Mt. Silver, eventually he got to level 72 and knew Psychic, Solar Beam, Fire Punch, and Zap Cannon.
    Took out Pikachu after Gyarados thrashed him to death (this time it was easier, Gyarados was lvl. 60 at this point), weakened Espeon, KO'd Gyarados, Typhlosion (55) kills Espeon, Mr. Mime solar-beams the crap outta Blastoise, I used like three fire punches to take out Venasaur, I had to waste like my entire PP of Psychic on his annoying Snorlax (xD), and then finally, revived Gyarados and one Hydro Pump took Charizard out. ^^

and yup, totally agreed, Mr. Mime is awesome. Finally someone that agrees! :D

Lashh

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • AZ
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    I remember the first time around, I had no clue what I was getting into. I thought it was going to be a simple battle, but I got my Pokemon handed to me on a silver platter. I was soo unprepared that first time- not that many items, Pokemon at least 15-20 levels below, needless to say I had to train a bit. I won the rematch, but I did have to use a few Revives, lol. His Espeon and Snorlax sure can do some damage.

Years
  • when i first faced him, i had no idea what pokemon he had i was just wondering around mt silver and saw some random person standing and talked to him, i was training my second dragonair and my pupitar so i lost really bad but I evolved my dragonair and my pupitar and beat him. (mostly with my typhlosion)

Back