• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When you were younger what did you think the strongest pkmn was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I thought Machamp was the strongest Pokémon in the games up until I understood what stats were. My old belief was actually pretty logical. The muscles on that beast are huge, after all.

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
    On Yellow, by then when I had only Yellow for the Gameboy. I always thought Nidoking was the strongest one, and I even one time named him Batista. XD

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    Naturally, I thought Mewtwo was the strongest Pokemon. I soon discovered how wrong I was when I ended up fainting it every time I'd try to capture it.

Years
    Mew, always has and will be for me. Kind of ignorant maybe, but am not letting a clone or the other generations take that away lol. Oh and that wasn't a moan at whether i think the new gens are good or not.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    When i was 5(ten years ago like ten years ago when pokemon started in the states) i always said to my self blastoise. Dunno i loved turtles back then.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Mewtwo.

- Last in the pokedex
    - Really hard to get by RBY standards
    - caught at a high level
    - there was only one
    - the first movie hadn't come out yet

:] Before the first movie, most people didn't even KNOW about Mew since it was never released over here. So until it was introduced, Mewtwo was the logical strongest... and I still feel it's the strongest of first gen anyway, even taking the movie into consideration. :P

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Dragonite. ._. I dunno, I just thought it was insanely hard to take down when I was younger. XD

.Iramet

Banned
    Years
    Until the first movie, I always thought Dragonite was the strongest, because of that one episode. (in the anime)

I agree I saw an episode when I was younger it was the one where some guy named bill, who was a pokemon expert, was searching for the last pokemon or something like that, at the time I didn't know what it was but then my friend showed me his card of dragonite and I knew it was him.
    Then I saw the first movie and thought it was either mew or mewtwo, I never really thought charizard was super strong or anything.
    ^_^

GuardianofAuraGirl

I think I probably thought that Pikachu or Mewtwo was the strongest pokemon when I was younger.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    I thought it was Pikachu because of the anime (which I still like enough, but don't watch anymore.) You know, how it won like...every single battle except for a few now and then.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    If I recall correctly, I thought Mew / Mewtwo was the strongest Pokemon of all time. I saw the movie, and the story about Mew being the original one, and being so powerful. I also heard that Mew was stronger than Mewtwo from a PokeDex entry, or something (which was obviously false after I got into competitive). Team Rocket members were discussing about how Mewtwo was the strongest Pokemon ever during the movie, and that led me to believe that Mew or Mewtwo was the strongest Pokemon of all time. Their battle style was quite powerful, and none of the regular trainers could even get a scratch onto Mewtwo. But yeah, I totally judged everything upon what I saw in the anime. xD;

daydreambeliever

Awkwardturtleshipping (L)
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    I was never a big Pokemon fan as a child but after being taken to see the first movie in the cinemas, I believed Mew was the strongest, mainly because it was pink!

Now, I have a huge grudge against pink but I still love Mew.

Years
    i always thought Charizard was the strongest. but it couldve also been that my favorite color has always been red. :-p

but i think i decided Mew or Mewtwo was the strongest. idr. lol.

Sexycheese

Bye :)
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2009
    I always thought my haunter was the best scince none of my freinds could beat it.....

Terri

Whatever floats your boat
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2015
    i thought mewtwo because everyone kept using him in my school and they always won with him, so i wasn't far off, mewtwo was and still is strong

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    I thought it was Dragonite because it was the strongest Dragon type Pokemon at the time and there were very few Dragons around.

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    I thought pikachu and mew. pikachu because... well, just because of the anime. and mew because the movie and the fact that you couldn't get it normal in the game, but had to go to an event.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back