• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where do you get your news?

ASG

ANTI-SPAM GUN
Years
  • Reddit, then check the comments for all the fact checking and TL;DRs. Much easier.

Purist of Black Water

[b]The way we were...[/b]
    Years
  • I haven't watched or seen the news for years. I just tune it out.
    It just got to the point, it was just making me feel worse inside.

When I did though. Just internet or radio.
    I like ABC news and SBS news most for information.

though it's sort of... geared towards older folk.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Most stuff comes from the sceptics community on Youtube.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2019
    I get it from the British Broadcasting Channel (didn't want to write it as initials, lol), The Young Turks, CNN (website), Yahoo news, Google news, and the LA Times, lol. :)

MaӾiej

Huge Kida Fan
    Years
  • I get most of my news from the cesspool that is Yahoo. Just, steer clear of the comments section of most articles. They're often chalk full of ignorant, hateful people.

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2019
    I get most of my news from the cesspool that is Yahoo. Just, steer clear of the comments section of most articles. They're often chalk full of ignorant, hateful people.

If you think Yahoo news comments are bad, check out some of the Youtube comment sections, sometime, lol. :)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I don't really read or watch the news regularly, but when I do I prefer Dos Equis it's usually ABC or News 12 NJ or AOL. It's not really a "oh I think that these are clearly the best news sources" kind of thing, it's just that I gotta not live under a rock somehow, but I'm not gonna put in much effort to finding the best news places. Just whatever helps me be vaguely aware of some of what's going on.

Years
  • I listen to alternative, net-based media outlets. Generally they are young and progressive news outlets, but will analyze and criticize democrats with the same amount of scrutiny as republicans. I think the Humanist Report and the Progressive People's Coalition are good examples. While, I happen to be progressive economically and socially, I am not a party loyalist. There are times where I will seek out a program that does not represent my views overall if I felt what they said on another issue such as foreign policy made a great deal of sense, say the Liberty Report with Ron Paul.

Above all the news outlet must be forthcoming with very copius documentation. I am going to fact check what they say, and visit any links they provide as their sources. I think Debbie Luisignan with the Sane Progressive is really underrated in this regard. I also appreciate the variety of content she offers like the book club, analyzing literature such as 1984 and her interviews with fascinating activists.

The content she covers can be very somber though, so sometimes I will watch Redacted Tonight, political sattire that features many influential guests like award-winning journalist Chris Hedges or candidates like Rocky de La Fuentes, while making me laugh with the skits in between.

Another great journalist out there is Abby Martin.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Russia Today and the BBC for general news to view from it both a Western & Russian perspective, sometimes Le Monde (mainly Thomas Pikkety's blog) as well to improve my French. I usually read the Economist and the NY Times (specifically Krugman's column) for economics.

Back