• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Where/How do you train?

Years
    This is for anyone trying to max out their lvls or attack EV.

A quick way to train on Mt silver requires the following:
    Super Rod
    A non-rock type that knows rock moves
    A grass type and
    A lucky Egg.

considering I nearly hit all fields here, I recon i can give my advice on this. As soon a you enter the bottom of mount Silver (Inside cave), you have a large pool of water with a waterfall. Here's where use start fishing.
    You will either be attacked by a Seaking (lvl 40: 971 xp no lucky egg) or a Gyrados (lvl 40: 1222 xp no lucky egg). I'm training my Togekiss (started at lvl 60 and quickly made it to 76) with extrasensory, Ancient power, Fly and Hidden power (Grass).
    If you do this, you lvl up quicker than finding random encounters. It also boos your traded pokemon quicker. You needn't worry about low levels as long as you switch out to a 40+ poke as soon as you enter. Do this and you will lvl like crazy in no time.

If you have any other training tips for Mt Silver, post below.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Hmm, this seems a bit too specific for a lot of discussion... but maybe if this thread can be for people to discuss how they train in different parts of the game, both for levelling up (say for a gym or the E4 first time around) or EV training than more discussion will potentially come through. We'll see how that goes, methinls.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    bobandbill: Maybe you can rename the title so more people will discuss things here.

Anyways, an extremely good method for training for Red that I found was to reset your clock to get the numbers of every gym leader, then reset the clock again to call every gym leader for battle, then once all or most of the leaders are in the Dojo you can battle them. Once my Pokemon got to a high enough level I would use one the sweep one Gym Leader's team (eg. I used my Bollossom against Brock as she was easily able to OHKO or 2HKO all of his Pokemon). Usually most Pokemon in your team will have a trumping type against at least one of the gym leaders.

Years
    train your pokes

How do you train your pokes? I use the gym leader's rematch. After a while it gets boring using the same pokemon over and over again.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    I do it anyway I can, Red/Rematch/Elite 4/Rival battle it does get boring after a while..

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I train them three ways.
    Rebattling Trainers, Rebattling the Elite 4 and Battling Pokemon at Mt.Silver.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Gym leaders are SOOOOO hard to rematch. I prefered it in Platinum when 3 Gym leaders and 1 Double Battle Partner would show up each day. So much easier.

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
    Read here.

I train my Pokemon against wild Pokemon mostly. Never really remember to rebattle trainers, and I just find it easier to run around in the grass than to find trainers.

Ah, thanks for that!

For me i battle Pokemon by the Pokemon League until they're Lvl. 50, then train them at the Elite 4.

I've barely stepped foot into Kanto, been too busy giving this EV thing a try.

MAizHxC

HG FC: 3395 8610 0902
    Years
    infinate rare candies just kidding...i just keep battling until i feel that my pokemon are strong enough for the gyms then i challenge the gyms. i level them to 85-90 then start to EV. i give them iron, carbos, etc. in the beginning to help their base stats...it seems to work. thats what i did in diamond with my team and i did very well in story and on wifi.

Peach Fresca

Underrated Pokémon Fanatic
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2010
    For pokémon I'm leveling up for pokédex data, I generally do Elite Four + any trainers I forgot to battle. Seems to do well for me. (:

For my "serious" competitive pokémon… Well, I've only EV'd one so far (Leafeon, and it was already half EV'd when I brought it to HG.) I EV'd it's attack on the Goldeen and Seaking in the pond on Route 42, the one next to Mahogany.

After I'm done with EVs, I tend to do the same thing as I do with the pokédex data pokémon - Elite Four and forgotten trainers. (:

Years
    You can just surf on Mt. Silver and find nothing but Seakings and few few rare Goldeens.

Other places are the route under Violet city with you can find Ekans and Belsprout for weaker pokemon.

Then on route 25 you can find Belsprout, and Weepinbel for lvl 14s and up.

Also fighting boy Nidorans, Arboks, Machop and up will give you attack and Unown gives you attack and sp atk for fight them with a power bracer.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Anywhere! I know alot of people try to aviod trainer but I don't, I battle them all! I don't think there is any trainer left in my SS version that I havent beaten yet! Now I have to keep waiting on calls for battles :\! I don't really EV train to be honest, it seems a bit techincal and people overdo it with their pokemon its about have fun with the game not about druging your pokemon!

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    yea usually the e4 but i train my stronger pokes at mt. Silver or in Kanto

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    When I'm done EV training a Pokemon, I train it in Route 48 (where all the Pokemon there are in their 20s). When my Pokemon reach level 35 or so, I move on to Route 47. When I can access Stark Mountain already, I bring my Pokemon there to finish off their training. Whenever I get a call from a trainer registered in the Pokenav, I accept the challenge right away and use the Pokemon I'm training against them.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
    MT.Silver, that little field next to the PokéCenter. If the Pokémon you're training is K.O'd, you can just go the the PokéCenter to heal it.

Back