• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

Where is Isshu?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
Years
  • How much you want to bet that some Shanghai zombies haven't seen it yet?

"if" the cover isnt fake(since the acctuall cover is out) it just says the setting is in the new york, who knows what they are talking about :S might not be isshu. So dont insult other people.
    As far as Im concerned, NYC cant be a region, and this cover is either fake, or is talking about something else.

Well, if it isn't released yet, I still have a lot of doubts about if it's legit. But I still stay loyal to Scotland New York.

Down with scotland, dundees the isshu ;)

Last edited:

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • We get we get it WOW. But as coolnick said, this doesent proove anything.
    Not only that, but the fact that it might be fake. The cover that says about NY has only yellow and black color on it(except that litlle pink part) which makes it look fake. And the pokemon logo is only yellow, while in acctually we all know it is yellow with blue border. Ofc this may be the second page, but not the cover since I already posted the cover, that is confirmed by playasia.
    But this is easily confirmed when the games come out :S
    I still find it hard to believe if this is real and it turns out that they are talking about isshu!
    Not just the setting of the region would be that would surprise me, but the fact that a magazine has officially announced a region being based on rl :S im sry but that just doesnt makes much sense to me.
    IF they are gonna announce it, they should have used pokemon sunday or GF itself.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • :O did you get a copy with "that" cover? Because i saw on all sites tat sell that magazine, that it has a cover like I posted.
    And btw. pia is coming out only on 10th

-.- there is no hint -.-,

What does the cover have to do with anything? That is a picture of a page of the magazine. Not a cover.

:|

OMG CORO CORO IS FAKE BECAUSE THEY ONLY SHOWED US THE INSIDE AND NOT THE COVER!

Because the cover is completely pointless?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It's the Special Isshu Edition... I dont think they'd be talking about any other adventure setting! :/

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • What does the cover have to do with anything? That is a picture of a page of the magazine. Not a cover.

:|

OMG CORO CORO IS FAKE BECAUSE THEY ONLY SHOWED US THE INSIDE AND NOT THE COVER!

Because the cover is completely pointless?

Wth r u talking about? :/ u said it was the cover.
    If it is just the inside page it would make more sense.

It's the Special Isshu Edition... I dont think they'd be talking about any other adventure setting! :/
    They are mostly talking about dream world too. But you cant just assume that they are talking bout isshu, we need to see what it says, if it isnt a fake info ofc.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Wth r u talking about? :/ u said it was the cover.
    If it is just the inside page it would make more sense.

They are mostly talking about dream world too. But you cant just assume that they are talking bout isshu, we need to see what it says, if it isnt a fake info ofc.

Lol, wtf? The Dream World is going to be in New York?... *rolls eyes and struts off

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • personally i hope there will be a region based on The Netherlands :D
    Europe, europ, europe, europe, europe! :D GF definitley needs to base some new places on an european region :D ohh id be soo happeh to see that.
    But, since i think isshu is shanghai, probably the next 3 regions will be based on chinese regions as well D:

As for haza, <.< i never said dream world was in NY, stop saying things that makes no sense.

Not so long, and we will finnally be able to see all of isshus landmarks, and connect it to shanghai, like with current ones.
    P.S. Again this is IMO so dont jump at me shoving ur "NY cover" in my face.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • Europe, europ, europe, europe, europe! :D GF definitley needs to base some new places on an european region :D ohh id be soo happeh to see that.
    But, since i think isshu is shanghai, probably the next 3 regions will be based on chinese regions as well D:

As for haza, <.< i never said dream world was in NY, stop saying things that makes no sense.

Not so long, and we will finnally be able to see all of isshus landmarks, and connect it to shanghai, like with current ones.

if it is really Shanghai, which is very likely, it would take a very long time to go to Europe, (cuz Russia is between them
    Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York
    ) that's why I hope it's NYC. It's closer to Europe, only the sea is between them.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Europe, europ, europe, europe, europe! :D GF definitley needs to base some new places on an european region :D ohh id be soo happeh to see that.

I would love for a region to be in Germany.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • Anybody ever thought maybe they found a water mass to base it off of? Then invert it so water=land, and land=water and then use New York and Shanghai to culturize it? :P

Years
  • From what I know that magazine isn't even released yet. I'm going to wait a while before adding it. If it's real it could easily be just a speculation article.

I hope it's real though, maybe this debate will have a conclusion!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Have any of us actually thought of emailing Game Freak and just asking? :(

I'm hoping that the magazine is real, but... if not, and it turns out to be Shanghai, the NY people will keep their same opinions, so yeah. I don't know how they'd even announce it officially somewhere else though, like "Welcome to Pokemon Sunday, in news today, Isshu is based on NY", idk.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
  • Have any of us actually thought of emailing Game Freak and just asking? :(

What? We don't use common sense around here! Instead of doing something directly, we scrounge up information from various sources and use our own biased speculation! That's how it's always done, until something is confirmed, then we forget all about it.

As for me, I really don't care what region it is. If it's in Shanghai, that's cool. It makes sense. If it's New York, that's cool. It also makes sense. If it's a combination of the two, it doesn't quite make sense, but whatever. The location has never been a big deal to me.

However, since I live in the US, I kind of want it to be in New York. You know, national pride and stuff.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
  • Anybody ever thought maybe they found a water mass to base it off of? Then invert it so water=land, and land=water and then use New York and Shanghai to culturize it? :P

Haaha, where? Maybe in the middle of the ocean :P But if isshu has an underwater part :o that might even be true (just without the NYC part :P)

gregory_turner420

Trainer/Breeder
    Years
  • i say new york just for the fact they said isshu is far far far away from the other regions, which were flipped versions of areas in japan, and sganghai is not really that far away from japan

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back