• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

Where is Isshu?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bay

Years
    I don't really care where the region is based off of as it won't affect my decision of playing the games or not, but glad at least there's confirmation. I do like New York though, so it should be quite fun to go through the region.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Why is there a misspelled word in the quote here's the word:
    the setting his time around in
    it should be this time around...

Hey guys it looks like pokebeach confirmed it's NY as Poke peer confirms it:
    The magazine also states that the ENTIRE Isshu region is based off New York and that the Brooklyn Bridge is the inspiration for Sky Arrow Bridge. The interesting pages are below (since there's over 60 pages); thanks goes to Bangiras for translating all the information.
    so it seems like the NYC theory was right after all, lol this time they did confirm where it was based on, maybe it was to stop the "Broken base" within the fan base :P

Last edited:

Chub 777

Golden User
    Years
    If it was Shanghai, it's near Hoenn which makes it very near. If it's based on NYC, then it's far off overseas. I guess it's official then.

Years
    Being born in New York (you should be able to tell by my username), I'm excited for B/W even more. <333 I just love how there's a Pokemon game that's setting is in my favorite state in America. ^^

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I would love to do the "I told you so" dance in front of everyone who said it was shanghai because of the Yin-Yang stuff *coughcoolnickcough*

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I had a feeling Isshu was going to be based off of New York. With the confirmation of it being based on New York, at least the debate between the two regions New York and Shanghai can come to a halt.

Being born in New York, I can't say I'm disappointed; although that's a bit bias of me to say. :( Still, while both Shanghai and New York had a lot of heavy evidence that could have proven each region to be true, I feel as though New York just had the extra influence. Liberty Ticket being one of the most major to follow up with the Statue of Liberty.

Also, even if it were to be based upon one city alone, that doesn't necessarily mean you have to take it as a bad decision on GameFreak. For one, it's Pokémon, so whatever New York has, they can take that and expand the idea; for example, the desert above Hiun City. While it's confirmed to be based on New York though, I have a thought in my mind that the developers took some influence off of Shanghai as well.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    I would love to do the "I told you so" dance in front of everyone who said it was shanghai because of the Yin-Yang stuff *coughcoolnickcough*
    I know right? He insulted us, and acted like there was no way we were right,
    turned the entire thread against us, he did.

and oh, look at that.

we were right.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    xD i didnt see the coolnick part :P Anyways yin-yang wasnt the only thing, and i still believe isshu is shanghai and that NYC is impossible to be isshu. Btw, is there any translation to those scans? HOw do you guys know they ocnfirmed it to be isshu? I saw sunnyshore posting this on bulbagarden(u probably used his scans) but in serebii forums they translated a part of convo but did not mention the NYC part. I will still w8 untill japanese guys translate it completely.
    Oh and forever could u please keep from locking it a lil while :P

I know right? He insulted us, and acted like there was no way we were right,
    turned the entire thread against us, he did.

and oh, look at that.

we were right.

Insult you? In what way? Dont lie -.- However a lot of you guys attacked me. The reason why a lot of ppl changed their minds isnt because of my brainwashing, but because i posted the evidence.
    And i still find it impossible for isshu to be based on NYC :/
    Lolz i knew u guys would gloat after this. Surprised that it isnt rockman :P i guess he has dignity afterall :P jk rockman

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Let's not bring back memories of attacking eachother.

As for evidence; https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6142021&postcount=1388

^ That seems to count for translation. If you Google the Iwata asks thing, you can probably get a source somewhere.

As far as locking goes, I'll leave this open until I wake up tomorrow morning (whenever that is) and the rest of this can be discussed in the Pokemon Pia thread.

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years
    hmm interesting. But in the end, if it really is NYC :o(still denying it :P) i think gf did a bad job creating a region after it

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

^ Is a map of Isshu!

/looked it up on Google images

Hazeh

Pokemon Mastahhhhh~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2011
    hmm interesting. But in the end, if it really is NYC :o(still denying it :P) i think gf did a bad job creating a region after it

You really can't say that until the games come out and you actually see all the cities. All we have to look at right now is a few screenshots and clips, that's really not a basis for determining whether they did a good or bad job. :\

edit;; Cool find, Forever :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back